Gun Control is Completely Useless.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Exactly what rights do children have not to get shot?? What rights do wives or husbands have against being shoht by their mate? Do such rights take second place to the right to protect one's self?? Why do the rights of women, men or children have against a young hoodlum with a gun in a drive by shooting?? Who's right take precident??

I belong to no party. I use common sense, not the reasoning that "it has always been done that way and cannot be changed. " and it appears I have a lot of comany. The only sure thing in life is change, death and taxes, but mostly change, otherwise, we would still be stone age creatures clunking each over the head with clubs. Time to put away childhood ideas and become a thinking adult.

Yep, eliminate guns and we could be back to "clunking each other over the head with clubs"-:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
JLM; said:
Yep, eliminate guns and we could be back to "clunking each other over the head with clubs"-:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Racist punk Arpiao harasses Latinos in Arizona because the people are unarmed. But the Black Panthers in Texas show you why the Constitution works to protect them and all else:

Prison Planet.com » Meet the Houston New Black Panthers; Mobilized as Poll Watchers

Notice how none of the cops dare to stop them. It's time for Hispanics in Arizona to arm themselves & let the racist punk the true meaning of the Constitution.

Now let's have the forum's true conservatives endorse what I just wrote. If they are truly principled they would readily agree with me.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
LOL. Geez, and all this time, I thought that was what the vote was for. Please note, Jefferson claimed the right to KEEP and BEAR arms is the strongest reason to RETAIN the right. I assume there was even back then an organization like the NRA who loved their toys and used whatever means possible to keep them. It was not instituted originally to protect one's self!! Amendments can be made to repeal a previous, amendment , as I pointed out ihas already been done and that was done for something frivolous like the right to drink alcohol.

The fear of government tyranny touted by the NRA is being overrode by the fear gripping most parents for their children. The thousands that marched on Washington, demanding change, say it is just the beginning of their fight, not the end. It is illogical fear that drives nitwits rushing out to purchase military style guns. Most people just do not fear their government.

So work for an amendment.

GOOD LUCK.

You'll need it.

We'll talk gun control laws when you are successful.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Yep, eliminate guns and we could be back to"clunking each other over the head with clubs"-:)

Look, try tthinking outside of the violent box!!. Violent responses have become the norm, even when speaking to family & friends. It is necessary to try other ways of solving problems other than using the eye for an eye philosophy. Living in fear of everyone and everything is not how many of us want to live.

Because a law is deemed "sacred" by a certain segement, does not make it set in cement. Citizens only put up with a bad law for so long and then watch out. Take a look at the middle east at the moment. The majority will eventually take the right to choose which laws, freedoms, and methods of achieving what they desire. It generally ends badly for those who presumed they have the right to decide for all. The pendulum eventually runs down and balance is once more achieved.

The US went with violence to achieve "Liberty" and Canada chose a different method. Canada tends to negotiate, the US uses force. Personally I refer Canada's way.

Don't belong to any party and probably know as much, and maybe a bit more about your constitution than most Americans?
But don't ask me about Bart Simpson or hockey or football scores :lol:

Millennials, what do you know about the Constitution? - YouTube

PULEEZ I am a Canadian!! I spend 5 months here during the winter, one needs to know about the laws of a country to visit or live there even for a short time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Look, try tthinking outside of the violent box!!. Violent responses have become the norm, even when speaking to family & friends. It is necessary to try other ways of solving problems other than using the eye for an eye philosophy. Living in fear of everyone and everything is not how many of us want to live.

Because a law is deemed "sacred" by a certain segement, does not make it set in cement. Citizens only put up with a bad law for so long and then watch out. Take a look at the middle east at the moment. The majority will eventually take the right to choose which laws, freedoms, and methods of achieving what they desire. It generally ends badly for those who presumed they have the right to decide for all. The pendulum eventually runs down and balance is once more achieved. .
Do you know why France sent troops to Mali? Because the people of Mali didn't have any goddamn guns to protect themselves. Some azzhole decided they didn't need any.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
So work for an amendment.

GOOD LUCK.

You'll need it.

We'll talk gun control laws when you are successful.

I do not need to work for gun control here, because the Americans are doing themselves. My sister-in-law used to say the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and it appears parents fear for their children more than their rights to be armed to the teeth. The NRA still has enough power to scare those unable to think for themselves; you know the ones who are rushing out to buy arms and artillary which they will probably never use. Worse, they will probably be robbed by criminals of them, or lose a child because they forgot how quick & smart kids can be.

The NRA can be compared with the Klu Klux Clan. Their main weapon is fear.

Do you know why France sent troops to Mali? Because the people of Mali didn't have any goddamn guns to protect themselves. Some azzhole decided they didn't need any.

LOL.....well no need to worry down here is there? Oh but wait, every third world country either has nuclear weapons and a system to deliver them or is working on getting them. How much good would having every single citizen armed to the teeth when even bigger and better weapons are so easily attained. As I said.......Gotta change the attitude and institute better controls on who has access to weapons or start building bomb shelters.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

PULEEZ I am a Canadian!! I spend 5 months here during the winter, one needs to know about the laws of a country to visit or live there even for a short time.
But very conveniently forgot to admit how hard it is to change the constitution.....So just keep blowing smoke and talking through your hat (Parler au travers de ton chapeau) as they say in your neck of the woods.

In the U.S. Congress, both the House of Representatives and the Senate approve by a two-thirds supermajority vote, a joint resolution amending the Constitution. Amendments so approved do not require the signature of the President of the United States and are sent directly to the states for ratification.
  • Two-thirds of the state legislatures ask Congress to call a national convention to propose amendments. (This method has never been used.)
To Ratify Amendments
  • Three-fourths of the state legislatures approve it, or
  • Ratifying conventions in three-fourths of the states approve it. This method has been used only once -- to ratify the 21st Amendment -- repealing Prohibition.
The Supreme Court has stated that ratification must be within "some reasonable time after the proposal." Beginning with the 18th amendment, it has been customary for Congress to set a definite period for ratification. In the case of the 18th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd amendments, the period set was 7 years, but there has been no determination as to just how long a "reasonable time" might extend.
Of the thousands of proposals that have been made to amend the Constitution, only 33 obtained the necessary two-thirds vote in Congress. Of those 33, only 27 amendments (including the Bill of Rights) have been ratified

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Horsebleep. Now do some homework:

What kind of homework?

Neither the Democrats nor Republicans are calling for this. Therefore, Eagle's hate rant is patently absurd and is fully contradicted by Constitutional history and law. And notice how all he does is to criticize but does not offer even the slightest refutation of the truth I posted.
Typical Hateful Liberal Democrat... calling for the killing of a law enforcement officer then calling another's post a "hate rant". If nothing is there... just make it up Gopher. Typical of todays Democrats.

This is the message I have tried to convey to Hispanics in Arizona --- they have 2d Amendment rights just like the NRA. They need to organize vigilance committees and to hunt down fascist criminally racist punk Joe Arpiao. Put the racist fůcker on trial and lynch the son of a sħīŧ till his neck stretches into infinity.

No hate speech here folks... move along.

Notice how none of the cops dare to stop them. It's time for Hispanics in Arizona to arm themselves & let the racist punk the true meaning of the Constitution.

Helloooo! McFly!? Where have you been!?

Now let's have the forum's true conservatives endorse what I just wrote. If they are truly principled they would readily agree with me.

I think we'd all agree you're out of your tree.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I do not need to work for gun control here, because the Americans are doing themselves. My sister-in-law used to say the squeeky wheel gets the grease, and it appears parents fear for their children more than their rights to be armed to the teeth. The NRA still has enough power to scare those unable to think for themselves; you know the ones who are rushing out to buy arms and artillary which they will probably never use. Worse, they will probably be robbed by criminals of them, or lose a child because they forgot how quick & smart kids can be.

The NRA can be compared with the Klu Klux Clan. Their main weapon is fear.

LOL.....well no need to worry down here is there? Oh but wait, every third world country either has nuclear weapons and a system to deliver them or is working on getting them. How much good would having every single citizen armed to the teeth when even bigger and better weapons are so easily attained. As I said.......Gotta change the attitude and institute better controls on who has access to weapons or start building bomb shelters.

Why don't you spend a bit of time convincing criminals that they don't need automatic weapons instead of trying to steal private property from honest taxpayers? It doesn't matter how many laws the gullible attempt to pass criminals will not just hand over their guns.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
What kind of homework?

Typical Hateful Liberal Democrat... calling for the killing of a law enforcement officer then calling another's post a "hate rant". If nothing is there... just make it up Gopher. Typical of todays Democrats.

No hate speech here folks... move along.
Helloooo! McFly!? Where have you been!?
I think we'd all agree you're out of your tree.

Democrats want gun control. I do not. Therefore, your rants about me being a Dem is proven to be nothing but BS.

The 2d Amendment was intended to protect people from government abuses just like those of racist punk Arpissao. A right that is never to be infringed. Only a traitor to the Constitution attempts to deny this truth.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Democrats want gun control. I do not. Therefore, your rants about me being a Dem is proven to be nothing but BS.

The 2d Amendment was intended to protect people from government abuses just like those of racist punk Arpissao. A right that is never to be infringed. Only a traitor to the Constitution attempts to deny this truth.

Quite often when one person categorizes another person to a political stripe,it's nothing more than blatant bullsh*t, for one thing it's 99% of the time done with negative connotations. I've been accused by S.J.P. of being extreme right wing, while the illustrious Teddy on the other hand accuses me of being a raving Liberal! I guess that does prove one thing however, lunatics occupy all areas of the spectrum.-:)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Quite often when one person categorizes another person to a political stripe,it's nothing more than blatant bullsh*t, for one thing it's 99% of the time done with negative connotations. I've been accused by S.J.P. of being extreme right wing, while the illustrious Teddy on the other hand accuses me of being a raving Liberal! I guess that does prove one thing however, lunatics occupy all areas of the spectrum.-:)

Eagle accuses me of being a Democrat. But as you and everybody in the known universe knows, Democrats are in favor of gun control - I am NOT. Therefore, I cannot be a Democrat. On another forum where I have stood up for 2d Amendment rights, I have been accused of being a far right radical Republican.

So I know the feeling.

;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think we are on a continuum...in somethings I slide left, in others I slide right. As I age I tend toward being more extreme in someways, or maybe I should just say, more pronounced and in others basically I couldn't give a damn. For the most part I go socially very left/liberal, fiscally, very right/conservative.

I can't quite figure out how they jive...but yep...they do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think we are on a continuum...in somethings I slide left, in others I slide right. As I age I tend toward being more extreme in someways, or maybe I should just say, more pronounced and in others basically I couldn't give a damn. For the most part I go socially very left/liberal, fiscally, very right/conservative.

I can't quite figure out how they jive...but yep...they do.

I hear you, Sal, I just go for whatever works!-:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Follow cigarette advertisement history and the reduction in cigarette smokers as cigarette advertisment and exposure to youth were restricted.

Has violence and viloents shootings increased or decreased since the yo yo nigga nigga mother f*ckin gnagsta sh*t came on the scene?

Do you know what I'm sayin'?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

He's following and enforcing what they call THE LAW.

Eagle accuses me of being a Democrat. But as you and everybody in the known universe knows, Democrats are in favor of gun control - I am NOT. Therefore, I cannot be a Democrat. On another forum where I have stood up for 2d Amendment rights, I have been accused of being a far right radical Republican.

So I know the feeling.

;)

I probably should have strictly stuck with libtard. You're the biggest Obama disciple in this forum I am sure you could see why I called you a Democrat.

On the other forum... I am sure if you told them you want the Latinos to start whacking cops they'd be all up in your corner.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
He's following and enforcing what they call THE LAW.

I probably should have strictly stuck with libtard. You're the biggest Obama disciple in this forum I am sure you could see why I called you a Democrat.

On the other forum... I am sure if you told them you want the Latinos to start whacking cops they'd be all up in your corner.
We have Canadians that get a thrill up their legs here, at the mere mention of the name "Obama" and never miss a chance to defend him:lol: