Gun Control is Completely Useless.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
My wife said she saw on TV this sheriff under attack by people who said exactly that:
9-11 is adequate. Wait for the gov't to save you.

HA!

Whatever happened to "the police are the people, and the people are the police"???

I'm more concerned about being saved FROM the government than saved by it.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
“in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

In an interview with the New Republic, President Barack Obama is asked whether he’s “ever fired a gun.”

“Yes,” Obama says, “in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

Obama says his family doesn’t go shooting, in respons to a question. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.”

Then Obama tries to tie in gun control talk, which was the subject of much of the interview. “Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas. And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were ten, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that,” says Obama.

“So it’s trying to bridge those gaps that I think is going to be part of the biggest task over the next several months. And that means that advocates of gun control have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes.”

Obama: ‘Up At Camp David, We Do Skeet Shooting All The Time” | Weasel Zippers

Barack Obama is Not Pleased | New Republic

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
“in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

In an interview with the New Republic, President Barack Obama is asked whether he’s “ever fired a gun.”

“Yes,” Obama says, “in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.”

Obama says his family doesn’t go shooting, in respons to a question. “Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake.”

Then Obama tries to tie in gun control talk, which was the subject of much of the interview. “Part of being able to move this forward is understanding the reality of guns in urban areas are very different from the realities of guns in rural areas. And if you grew up and your dad gave you a hunting rifle when you were ten, and you went out and spent the day with him and your uncles, and that became part of your family’s traditions, you can see why you’d be pretty protective of that,” says Obama.

“So it’s trying to bridge those gaps that I think is going to be part of the biggest task over the next several months. And that means that advocates of gun control have to do a little more listening than they do sometimes.”

Obama: ‘Up At Camp David, We Do Skeet Shooting All The Time” | Weasel Zippers

Barack Obama is Not Pleased | New Republic

Dear Mr. Obama

THE SECOND AMENDMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Illegal aliens in the US do not pay taxes!

Arpaio has stopped and harassed more legal immigrants and Hispanic citizens than anyone else. That's because illegals cannot get licenses - thus, they are not able to drive cars. The 2d Amendment was intended to protect citizen's rights. Therefore, they should arm themselves, organize vigilance committees, and do to Arpiao what Jefferson said to do: spill his blood just like they did here:

Every real patriot will agree.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Arpaio has stopped and harassed more legal immigrants and Hispanic citizens than anyone else. That's because illegals cannot get licenses - thus, they are not able to drive cars. The 2d Amendment was intended to protect citizen's rights. Therefore, they should arm themselves, organize vigilance committees, and do to Arpiao what Jefferson said to do: spill his blood just like they did here:

Every real patriot will agree.

Not even worth a ****.......:roll:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not even worth a ****.......:roll:

I am not surprised. The Liberals Dems have always been the biggest racist and quick to use hate speech and threats of pain and death. Gopher is just showing us what they all feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Dear Mr. Obama

THE SECOND AMENDMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING.

No it doesn't.......But how many times does it have to be pointted out that the second amendment was not put in for self protection but was to allow towns to form village militia, before there were local police forces. There will always be criminals and idiots, but why enable them?? Keep guns out of the hands of the unstable and the underage. Do background checks and institute a cool-down waiting period to allow the urge to take out the world in a fit of anger or revenge passes.

The second amendment can be treated exactly like the 21st was. The 27th amended was passed to repeal it. By the way the 27th Amendment ended prohibition. No amendment is sacred!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
No it doesn't.......But how many times does it have to be pointted out that the second amendment was not put in for self protection but was to allow towns to form village militia, before there were local police forces.
The supremecourt disagrees with you over and over again...
Google

There will always be criminals and idiots, but why enable them?? Keep guns out of the hands of the unstable and the underage. Do background checks and institute a cool-down waiting period to allow the urge to take out the world in a fit of anger or revenge passes.

The second amendment can be treated exactly like the 21st was. The 27th amended was passed to repeal it. By the way the 27th Amendment ended prohibition. No amendment is sacred!!
Dream on...here is what is needed for a repeal or modification

1. Propose An Amendment

Either Congress or the States can propose an amendment ot the Constitution.
  • Both Houses of Congress must propose the amendment with a two-thirds vote. This is how all current amendments have been offered.
  • Two-thirds of the State legislatures must call on Congress to hold a Constitutional Convention.
2. Ratify An Admendment

Regardless of how the amendment is proposed, it must be ratified by the States.
  • Three-fourths of the State legislatures must approve of the amendment proposed by Congress, or
  • Three-fourths of the states must approve the amendment via ratifying conventions. This method has only been used once, to repeal Prohibition (21st Amendment).
Is there a timeline for ratification? The US Supreme Court has held that ratification must happen within "some reasonable time after the proposal." Since the 18th Amendment, Congress has set a term of seven years for ratification.

Only 33 amendments have received a two-thirds vote from both Houses of Congress. Of those, only 27 have been ratified by the States. Perhaps the most visible failure is the Equal Rights Amendment.
The rest of your post reads like your usual rambling...:roll:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

Sorry I screwed up the picture is one of me playing with a real gun some 65 years ago
so guns were out and about even then. This would be right after WWII. I had access
to a gun and grew up not wanting to shoot anyone.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No it doesn't.......But how many times does it have to be pointted out that the second amendment was not put in for self protection but was to allow towns to form village militia, before there were local police forces. There will always be criminals and idiots, but why enable them?? Keep guns out of the hands of the unstable and the underage. Do background checks and institute a cool-down waiting period to allow the urge to take out the world in a fit of anger or revenge passes.

You need to read some history, as your interpretation is simply untrue. Here, from the horse's mouth:

Thomas Jefferson:
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

So get out there and pass an amendment to over ride part of the Bill of Rights.

That would be legitimate.

Passing illegal laws is not legitimate.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
San Diego Police Chief: We Can Disarm Americans Within a Generation

The other side of the coin....

Which officer do you trust????
I'm willing to bet that David Clarks home number is listed while Landown's isn't.
The police officer, that trained us for carry permits had a listed home number, and he said that him or his wife never had a crank call because he was always fair in his dealings with the public and wasn't scared to appologise if he overused his authority in some cases.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
You need to read some history, as your interpretation is simply untrue. Here, from the horse's mouth:

Thomas Jefferson:
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

LOL. Geez, and all this time, I thought that was what the vote was for. Please note, Jefferson claimed the right to KEEP and BEAR arms is the strongest reason to RETAIN the right. I assume there was even back then an organization like the NRA who loved their toys and used whatever means possible to keep them. It was not instituted originally to protect one's self!! Amendments can be made to repeal a previous, amendment , as I pointed out ihas already been done and that was done for something frivolous like the right to drink alcohol.

The fear of government tyranny touted by the NRA is being overrode by the fear gripping most parents for their children. The thousands that marched on Washington, demanding change, say it is just the beginning of their fight, not the end. It is illogical fear that drives nitwits rushing out to purchase military style guns. Most people just do not fear their government.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Eagle,

And that folks is the new Liberal Democrat. Hate speech through and through.
Horsebleep. Now do some homework:

quoting Colpy:

Thomas Jefferson:

----------------

Neither the Democrats nor Republicans are calling for this. Therefore, Eagle's hate rant is patently absurd and is fully contradicted by Constitutional history and law. And notice how all he does is to criticize but does not offer even the slightest refutation of the truth I posted.

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
You obviously don't know the real meaning of the Constitution.

What party do you belong to???

Exactly what rights do children have not to get shot?? What rights do wives or husbands have against being shoht by their mate? Do such rights take second place to the right to protect one's self?? Why do the rights of women, men or children have against a young hoodlum with a gun in a drive by shooting?? Who's right take precident??

I belong to no party. I use common sense, not the reasoning that "it has always been done that way and cannot be changed. " and it appears I have a lot of comany. The only sure thing in life is change, death and taxes, but mostly change, otherwise, we would still be stone age creatures clunking each over the head with clubs. Time to put away childhood ideas and become a thinking adult.