Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Great, I think that is wonderful. Have you noticed how many people are on the road who can't drive? Have you every said to yourself or to someone else "how the hell did they get their license"? Admit it. It's almost everytime you get in your car and drive isn't it?

Perhaps, I drive defensively. Must admit I found one person smoking a cigarette, holding a phone in the other hand driving with his elbows around a corner a bit off-putting. Stayed far behind him!! I really like the GPS I got two years ago. Itt has gotten me out of a few strange places for sure.

Great, I think that is wonderful. Have you noticed how many people are on the road who can't drive? Have you every said to yourself or to someone else "how the hell did they get their license"? Admit it. It's almost everytime you get in your car and drive isn't it?

Yes, I have and many of those people know what they are doing is dangerous. .Probably brushed up on the driving rules just for the exam, but returned to their old ways immediately after passing the exam. .

I found the guy with a lit cigarette in one hand, a cell in the other, stearing around a corner with his elbows a bit off-putting. Stayed far behind him, for sure. But I can only be responsible for myself. The ones who whip through the red lights scare me. They have put up cameras at big intersections here and it is amazing how much that has improved that situation.

Of course, there was a chorus of protests about invasion of privacy etc. LOL It seems some consider interferring with their right to break laws sacrosanct. In any case it has made those intersections much safer.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Perhaps, I drive defensively. Must admit I found one person smoking a cigarette, holding a phone in the other hand driving with his elbows around a corner a bit off-putting. Stayed far behind him!! I really like the GPS I got two years ago. Itt has gotten me out of a few strange places for sure.

You need a G.P.S. for THAT? (You possibly shouldn't be driving) I get out of strange places, the same way as I got in..........in reverse!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We already have more than enough rules to live by. So do many US states. And all the rules in the world are still not going to prevent criminals from using guns. For some reason that no one can explain criminals just don't feel the rules apply to them.

I'll grant Bluebyrd some quarter here. I think her opening statement about not wanting to deprive responsible people of guns is a fair statement. I do disagree with the widespread philosophy that the situation can be rectified by enacting more laws. The people who follow the laws aren't the problem.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
You need a G.P.S. for THAT? (You possibly shouldn't be driving) I get out of strange places, the same way as I got in..........in reverse!

So, you don't drive much do you?? I have been all over Canada and this country. Finding one's way out of a out part of the waterfront, that is nothing but darkened warehouses, no signs and no streetlights, in the dark & rain, would have challenged anyone. I know Montreal very well, since I was 9 or 10. Worked as a secretary in a unit that sent me all over the city sometimes for a week, or several months for several years.

So I do know my way around.........but I discovered a place, in the dark, that I could not just back out of. My van is big and heavy and has the turning radius of a truck. It confounds my grandson,(insisted on trying to parrellell park on a narrow downtown street) and gave it up after 4 or 5 tries; but it is still the most comfortable and reliable vehicle I have ever owned. One does not reverse on a one way street with no sidewalks, in the dark and rain, at least I don't.

The tunnels, overpasses, underpasses and turns the GPS used to get me to the bridge over the St-Lawrence was astounding. It also navigates me around Orlando in heavy traffic as wel. One doesn't reverse out of the maze there either.

I think it is time to call it quits here. It is the 22nd of the New Year and so far 27 people have been shot here in Florida (one state) . I certainly hope some sensible solutions are found soon. It is a terrible way to solve the overpopulation problem.

I appreciate your use of disclaimers.

If the description of "assinine and silly statements " fit..............calling them so should be appreciated.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If the description of "assinine and silly statements " fit..............calling them so should be appreciated.
It was.

Your use of those disclaimers above asinine and silly statements, saved me wasting my time reading your posts thoroughly or giving them any amount of respect.

Again thanks.

BTW; No one in this thread has advocated for complete unrestricted gun ownership.

Which was how I know your disclaimers were bang on.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Zip

Dem Congresswoman: Women Don’t Need An AR-15 Because Traditional Rifles Are Easier For Females To Use…

I’ll go out on a limb and say she’s talking out of her a s s.

Via Free Beacon:
PIERS MORGAN: I have an interview coming up with two young women who wrote a piece in which they said they wanted the rights of the AR-15 weapon at home because they feared they would be attacked and they wanted a gun that would guarantee they would murder or would kill their attacker. How do you respond to that particular argument, which is they believe under their second amendment right they should be allowed an AR-15?

CAROLYN MCCARTHY: I will tell you, if you talk to professionals, hunters and certainly sportsmen, they’ll tell you that’s not the gun to use. A rifle is more accurate. It’s certainly easier for a woman to be able to do that.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That's what our Founders intended - and many of those Hispanics have ancestors who were here before they came!
Doesn't mean anything!!!
I have posted before about this....My friend was born in Detroit of Canadian parents working there....even though his parents grandparents and extended family were Canadians, and he had paid taxes and into CPP (Canada Pension Plan)....he had to get his Canadian citizenship to receive any benefits.
Illegal aliens in the US do not pay taxes!

Last edited by a moderator:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The leftys must hate him cause don't you know that you must never do anything for yourself. All you are supposed to do is pick up the phone and a highly paid government employee will do whatever you require.

My wife said she saw on TV this sheriff under attack by people who said exactly that:
9-11 is adequate. Wait for the gov't to save you.

HA!

Whatever happened to "the police are the people, and the people are the police"???