: New pope elected is Pope Francis, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm only driving at the potential... I'm not suggesting that the Pope issue a decree for a call to arms for a RCC army.

Let's face it, back in the day, the wars were fought in the name of one religion or another. They were able to amass armies back then (with willing nations/States), but the impetus was initiated by a religion... In the end, people are people and I would put money on their ability to raise some kind of rag-tag force

I am not saying they didn't have the ability back in the Medieval Age to call armies, but they hardly have that power today.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
one negative thing I heard about him on the news. he's against rape abortions. no one should be forced to give birth to rapists children.

I'm against rape abortions.

Why should perfectly healthy children be murdered just because their father is a rapist?

Anyway, the Pope's election doesn't bother me in the slightest. We kicked out the authority of the Pope and the Catholic Church centuries ago.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
What makes you think that?

What is this alleged reason?
they blame it on God:
The Church does not have the authority to ordain women. In his apostolic letter Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, Pope John Paul II declared "that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women" (4).
Some of the reasons cited include:

1. The example recorded in the Sacred Scriptures of Christ choosing his apostles only from among men
  2. The constant practice of the Church, which has imitated Christ in choosing only men
  3. The Church’s living teaching authority has consistently held that the exclusion of women from the priesthood is in accordance with God’s plan for his Church.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't have any theory at all. Just the reasons the church states for not ordaining females into the priesthood.

In all my years in the church I've never heard petros' reason used to justify the exclusion of women from the priesthood. The main reason I've heard is that Christ instituted the sacrament of holy orders as we know them, and he ordained only men. It would be blasphemous to decide that we know better and have the authority to change it. What we do have the power to change (what we have changed inevitably over the years) is the attitude of authority we grant to a priest outside of mass. Never in my time in the church have I ever been given the impression outside of mass, that a priest was anymore of a person than a nun, or that either was any better than their parish members. So it's really never made sense to me why people focus so singularly on the ordaining of women. Women are equal members of the church even if they're not at the altar.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
they blame it on God:
The Church does not have the authority to ordain women. In his apostolic letter Ordinatio Sacerdotalis, Pope John Paul II declared "that the Church has no authority whatsoever to confer priestly ordination on women" (4).

1. The example recorded in the Sacred Scriptures of Christ choosing his apostles only from among men
  2. The constant practice of the Church, which has imitated Christ in choosing only men
  3. The Church’s living teaching authority has consistently held that the exclusion of women from the priesthood is in accordance with God’s plan for his Church.
Paul was the one who would not let women preach. Mary Magdeline was one of the head apostles who preached and some say the one who Jesus had designated as the rock upon whom he was to build his church (this according the gospels of the other 8 apostles).

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Huge.

The main purpose of a female is making more humans, side stepping nature for convenience is pathetic regardless of the circumstances.

Murder is murder. It's still her baby, she an keep it or put it up for adoption.Prior to Heeb lawyers fvcking with Christian morals, traditions and laws every chance they get, the Church took care of unwed mothers and and found families for hundreds of millions of unwanted babys.

Do mothers who get drunk and impregnated not love their children? What about hosebags who have no clue who the father is not love their children? What aout abused women? Do they not love their children?

If you aren't capable of raising and loving your child, do us all a favour and get spayed ASAP.

There is no politics on the pulpit. As a non-Catholic, you're only assuming. .Women are equal in every way except for doing the Eucharist. The reason for that is the Church is female. That it is why it is known as Mother Church, this is also why Priests don't take a wife is because they are married to the Church.

A little understanding goes a long way.

It's not corporate and the only politics they ae involved in is within the Church.

What is there to change and what needs fixing?

Labelling the Church as Conservative or Liberal is ridiculous and massive a joke on anyone who thinks you can tie a 2000 year old Doctrine to modern politics.

Conservative and Liberal labels are useless when those two terms have defintions, that are meaningless.

Todays defintions don't describe the terms as they were 50 years ago.

Sex abuse for 1 and the reported corruption within the Vatican and the Vatican Bank.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
they blame it on God:

Do you know what the Eucharist is? Women can do Mass except for the Eucharist because a female can't or it would be a lesbian rite.

The term Mother Church has many meanings within Christianity. The principal definition in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is "The Church, esp. the Roman Catholic Church, considered as a mother in its functions of nourishing and protecting the believer".

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Do you know what the Eucharist is? Women can do Mass except for the Eucharist because a female can't or it would be a lesbian rite.

The term Mother Church has many meanings within Christianity. The principal definition in the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is "The Church, esp. the Roman Catholic Church, considered as a mother in its functions of nourishing and protecting the believer".
Yes I know what the Eucharist is. It is the body of Christ "This is my body", And within the Catholic church they mean literally.

Are you saying your extrapolated theory supersedes the Popes? It's based on scripture, period. It has nothing to do with lesbians.

Paul was the one who would not let women preach. Mary Magdeline was one of the head apostles who preached and some say the one who Jesus had designated as the rock upon whom he was to build his church (this according the gospels of the other 8 apostles).
Yes Paul had a problem with women and there is much debate over Mary Magdeline and the power she actually had. When reading the bible they also refer to disciples and many were women so they likely preached and held equal positions of power.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
well corporate is corporate and politics is politcs, the vatican is both, wonder what their
bank balance is. They have a front that sucks in millions.

One of the greatest man made suction machines ever made, once rivaled the now supreme Zionist suction machine, which of course is modern and digital, more blinking lights and mirrors faster spaceage bilking.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes I know what the Eucharist is. It is the body of Christ "This is my body", And within the Catholic church they mean literally.

Are you saying your extrapolated theory supersedes the Popes? It's based on scripture, period. It has nothing to do with lesbians.

Yes Paul had a problem with women and there is much debate over Mary Magdeline and the power she actually had. When reading the bible they also refer to disciples and many were women so they likely preached and held equal positions of power.
And the water, wine, and chalis represent the womb and the joining of male and female which creates the body. Two women can't conceive a child.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The wine is the blood of Christ.

The chalice symbolizes the cup in the last supper.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Rumours abound already this guy the Pope was in thick with the right wing dictatorship
in Argentina during the dirty war and may have sent several leftists to their deaths by
pointing them out to authorities. If true the Pope should resign immediately.
I had hopes this guy might turn things around then I remembered
The Vatican helped sever savage Nazis get to Argentina right after the war through the
underground route known as Odessa. Why am I not surprised these allegations are
now surfacing?
Is there no one beyond reproach? This is a spiritual organization is it not?
I suppose the truth will come n a few weeks and the church will be fighting new allegations
as to its role in a lot of things. I just find it sad these people can't put someone in charge
with some kind of moral authority to lead without rumours, charges or admissions.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I just find it sad these people can't put someone in charge
with some kind of moral authority to lead without rumours, charges or admissions.

If you elevate someone to a position of authority, there will always be rumours, charges, etc. The higher the position, the bigger the accusations. That doesn't make them all true.

Perhaps that's the brilliance behind monarchies. They're just always there, no 'elevating' them. They've never had to roll around in the muck of normal humanity.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rumours abound already this guy the Pope was in thick with the right wing dictatorship
in Argentina during the dirty war and may have sent several leftists to their deaths by
pointing them out to authorities. If true the Pope should resign immediately.
I had hopes this guy might turn things around then I remembered
The Vatican helped sever savage Nazis get to Argentina right after the war through the
underground route known as Odessa. Why am I not surprised these allegations are
now surfacing?
Is there no one beyond reproach? This is a spiritual organization is it not?
I suppose the truth will come n a few weeks and the church will be fighting new allegations
as to its role in a lot of things. I just find it sad these people can't put someone in charge
No there is no one beyond reproach. Go back to Christ and the gospels. Cast the first stone if you be without sin. You are looking for a saint amongst humans...not going to happen. You don't even know yet if it is true but you have already deemed him guilty.