: New pope elected is Pope Francis, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I question your assertion.

I fear Goober is becoming Catholic on us; remind him that Earth as well as heaven deserves his respect.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The Interior agrees with you, Cliffy. You are right; the divine exists in each of us. That is why, when you pass a stranger or one with whom you may even disagree,always nod out of respect, for he is your brother and possesses that spark, too.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's difficult to believe that so many think a new figurehead will correct an old evil. He's a rotten piece of work, they all are, or they don't play.

well corporate is corporate and politics is politcs, the vatican is both, wonder what their
bank balance is. They have a front that sucks in millions.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
And how big is the Pope's army?
Huge.

one negative thing I heard about him on the news. he's against rape abortions. no one should be forced to give birth to rapists children.
That is official church teaching so he must uphold that.
The main purpose of a female is making more humans, side stepping nature for convenience is pathetic regardless of the circumstances.

Murder is murder. It's still her baby, she an keep it or put it up for adoption.Prior to Heeb lawyers fvcking with Christian morals, traditions and laws every chance they get, the Church took care of unwed mothers and and found families for hundreds of millions of unwanted babys.

Do mothers who get drunk and impregnated not love their children? What about hosebags who have no clue who the father is not love their children? What aout abused women? Do they not love their children?

If you aren't capable of raising and loving your child, do us all a favour and get spayed ASAP.

I'm not Roman Catholic. I don't even consider myself a Christian anymore. This doesn't affect me for the most part, except in the way I view the RC Church: as one of the largest lobby groups for social conservatism. Because of many of its views, the influence of the Church is declining in our society, and I am OK with that. I admire the charitable works done but I dislike the politicizing from the pulpit that is too common, with their definitions of sin, the Church's refusal to accept women as equal to men, etc. In some ways, I think my view of society is best served by an old school, super conservative who will further isolate and reduce the Church's influence but whatever.
There is no politics on the pulpit. As a non-Catholic, you're only assuming. .Women are equal in every way except for doing the Eucharist. The reason for that is the Church is female. That it is why it is known as Mother Church, this is also why Priests don't take a wife is because they are married to the Church.

A little understanding goes a long way.

well corporate is corporate and politics is politcs, the vatican is both, wonder what their
bank balance is. They have a front that sucks in millions.
It's not corporate and the only politics they ae involved in is within the Church.

Anyone that thinks the RC Church will change overnight well give the Pope time. Myself I find that I am pleased by the selection of the new Pope. But change for such a large Religion takes time.
Consider that.
What is there to change and what needs fixing?

Labelling the Church as Conservative or Liberal is ridiculous and massive a joke on anyone who thinks you can tie a 2000 year old Doctrine to modern politics.

Conservative and Liberal labels are useless when those two terms have defintions, that are meaningless.

Todays defintions don't describe the terms as they were 50 years ago.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal
That is official church teaching so he must uphold that.​
Quote: Originally Posted by Petros
The main purpose of a female is making more humans, side stepping nature for convenience is pathetic regardless of the circumstances.

Murder is murder. It's still her baby, she an keep it or put it up for adoption.Prior to Heeb lawyers fvcking with Christian morals, traditions and laws every chance they get, the Church took care of unwed mothers and and found families for hundreds of millions of unwanted babys.

Do mothers who get drunk and impregnated not love their children? What about hosebags who have no clue who the father is not love their children? What aout abused women? Do they not love their children?

If you aren't capable of raising and loving your child, do us all a favour and get spayed ASAP.
Not quite certain of what you are saying here whether you are being funny or sarcastic, or if that is your true opinion and not even certain of how it relates to the popes following of church principals.

So I can't comment.

Quote: Originally Posted by Petros

There is no politics on the pulpit. As a non-Catholic, you're only assuming. .Women are equal in every way except for doing the Eucharist. The reason for that is the Church is female. That it is why it is known as Mother Church, this is also why Priests don't take a wife is because they are married to the Church.

A little understanding goes a long way.
You have said this before. I do not believe this is the churches stance on this at all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's how the Church works.

Women can't do the ritual of Eucharist for the reasons given. It would be like Buddhist giving up yang and just going with yin yin.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
On Medieval Total War it is... but that is a computer game.

Outside of that they'll have to settle with these guys...

Think about it this way; although Islam as a religion has the largest number of followers, it has no formal army. However, one (or a few) small factions of that religion are capable of attracting no end of 'soldiers' to wage their wars.

The Vatican can be considered much the same.

Fight who? Where? When?

Geez

Methodists; behind the bike racks; after school

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Think about it this way; although Islam as a religion has the largest number of followers, it has no formal army. However, one (or a few) small factions of that religion are capable of attracting no end of 'soldiers' to wage their wars.

The Vatican can be considered much the same.

I get the Islam part. But the Catholics? And a ridiculous 1 Billion+ number was thrown out there. Seriously?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's how the Church works.

Women can't do the ritual of Eucharist for the reasons given. It would be like Buddhist giving up yang and just going with yin yin.
That reasoning by church standards is incorrect.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I get the Islam part. But the Catholics? And a ridiculous 1 Billion+ number was thrown out there. Seriously?

I'm only driving at the potential... I'm not suggesting that the Pope issue a decree for a call to arms for a RCC army.

Let's face it, back in the day, the wars were fought in the name of one religion or another. They were able to amass armies back then (with willing nations/States), but the impetus was initiated by a religion... In the end, people are people and I would put money on their ability to raise some kind of rag-tag force

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's how many RCs there are. If the sh*t hit the fan, RCs have the numbers to be a dominant force and the accesss to the best resources money can buy.