American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
REVEALED: Cops let Florida school shooter get away because they didn't realize they were watching security camera footage on a 20 minute DELAY

Parkland massacre gunman Nikolas Cruz was able to escape the Florida campus undetected because security guards were watching surveillance footage on a 20-minute delay.
The confusion caused police to believe that Cruz was still on school premises, even though he had already left and was on the way to Subway and McDonald's.
Police searched for the gunman for 26 minutes using security cameras before realizing he wasn't inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
In footage reviewed by the Sun Sentinel officers can be heard saying that they are monitoring him on camera and he's moved from the third to second floor.
A 20 MINUTE DELAY?!? ARE YOU SHITTING ME?!?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Whatever the NRA approves.......is what will happen.

It's probably best that you just give up then

It is not only about mass shootings....... it is about ALL shootings........ Mass shootings get the attention because they are dramatic.

Ban all cleavers

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Why do Americans need semi-autos ?

Isn't the answer obvious ?

Because they're shitty shots. They need to spit out ten bullets to hit a target that the rest of the world can do with one or two bullets from a simple bolt action rifle.

If they didn't go hunting with their AR-15's, their poor families would starve to death.

Amateurs love AR-15's... cheap to buy, lightweight to carry, hardly any recoil, and you can bang off 30 rounds in just a couple of minutes.

Guaranteed to hit and kill something... who cares if the deer hide is full of holes ?

Rawr !
If Americans ares such lousy shots........(and they probably ).......then guns should be kept locked away from them completely.

They have not shown themselves t be RESPONSIBLE LE gun owners .

Other nations have guns......... and yet don't have the same level of insanity with them....as the US.

the core of the issue is the gun manufacturers who control the;NRA who control the US gov't. and gun policy. It all comes down to MONEY.& who is paying whom the big bucks.

The body count is just a statistic.

The Americans have bought into the "right to bear arms"........literally as if it were the dark ages.

It's probably best that you just give up then

Ban all cleavers

and what is YOUR suggestion to prevent or at least deter the number of shooting deaths?? DETAILS please. & thx.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hey ES, nice to see you.
;)
We all learn by doing...It seems to work well in countries where basically everyone gets trained safely and responsibly.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Florida Republican governor calls for raising minimum age to buy firearms from 18 to 21, a break from National Rifle Association

https://www.washingtonpost.com/?wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

NOW we are talking. The third change that should be put in place is exhaustive background checks on all potential purchasers of guns.

Get out of the grip of the NRA.........

IF a society NEEDS that many guns.......it is the society that is the problem. (even if it does not want to face it)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Meanwhile in the rest of the world where "politically correct" is unheard of...

Winter Olympics 2018: Canadian skater receives death threats after South Korean athlete is disqualified. The Independent. Sport. Olympics.Feb 14, 2018

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You'll understand teamwork when you're older. Teamwork consists, in large measure, of getting together with like minded people and working for the common good.

Neither you not Cliffy understands that. :lol: Give your young age, Flossy, I can forgive your silliness, but Cliffy is an old man, damn near at death's door. I'm surprised that you would want to hang with him. He's also fat and white. Old. Fat. White. Three things you seem not to like. :lol:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You'll understand teamwork when you're older. Teamwork consists, in large measure, of getting together with like minded people and working for the common good.

Neither you not Cliffy understands that. :lol: Give your young age, Flossy, I can forgive your silliness, but Cliffy is an old man, damn near at death's door. I'm surprised that you would want to hang with him. He's also fat and white. Old. Fat. White. Three things you seem not to like. :lol:

I take it that you're a young, skinny black guy?