2SLGBTQQIA+

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I figure gays and lesbiams were handy to help raise children, protect the family and tend crops while men went off to war.

Kinda like how the lesser wolves in a pack dont breed but help to hunt and help raise the cubs.
Well - slightly derrogatory reference but yes. Essentially that is the benefit. And also provide resources for the children of the men who don't come back from that war even if the war is won.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, but traits that FAVOR survival tend to be promoted and passed forward.

There is little doubt that having a percentage of the population being gay helps the survival chances of the species. And not just ours, we see "gays" in several other species and it tends to have the same effect. But lets stick with ours.

Children are a MASSIVE drain on resources for any species. They consume more than adults in resources and don't put any back into the system for quite some time. Gays will be unlikely to have children, certainly not as many children. Yet they produce resources. So in our society, that means they're paying school taxes for children they'll never have, they're helping care for and support families that have children. frequently both partners are working and paying tax and won't be taking any mat leave, etc etc. Which means there's more resources for kids and more resources for the society as a whole.

There are other benefits as well but the simple fact is we're better off with a small percent of the population being gay than we are if there were no gays and that's true of many animals. So i would tend to argue that evolution promotes a small percentage being gay.
I figure gays and lesbiams were handy to help raise children, protect the family and tend crops while men went off to war.

Kinda like how the lesser wolves in a pack dont breed but help to hunt and help raise the cubs.
Weird tangent, but Sociopathic behaviour & Serial Killers are not a new phenomenon either….& yet they seem to crop up regularly also. Care to speculate as to their potential benefit (or not causing it harm) is to the human population as a whole, or how it fits in the ‘not causing it harm’ trait regarding Darwinian Evolutionary theory?

A serial killer in a population of 200 people would be difficult to hide, but not in a population of 2,000,000 so is this a fairly (let say the last 10,000 years) recent phenomenon?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Weird tangent, but Sociopathic behaviour & Serial Killers are not a new phenomenon either….& yet they seem to crop up regularly also. Care to speculate as to their potential benefit (or not causing it harm) is to the human population as a whole, or how it fits in the ‘not causing it harm’ trait regarding Darwinian Evolutionary theory?

A serial killer in a population of 200 people would be difficult to hide, but not in a population of 2,000,000 so is this a fairly (let say the last 10,000 years) recent phenomenon?
That is a gained behaviour and not from genetics.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well... keeps us on our toes doesn't it :) That's always a good thing survival wise :)

I haven't actually studied the cause of those things nearly as much so it's a little harder to say, but frankly a trait where the person is prepared to do anything for their own happiness and survival sounds like something that might enjoy at least limited success evolutionarily speakng

And most likely it's within the standard deviation of our brain model.
No, it's just that back in the day they tended to become chief or emperor or some damn thing. :) It was less of a detriment and more of a marketable skill.

Joking aside, there was an absolute SHIT tonne of unprovoked killings in the day. And no "police" to go after bad guys if they ran away. Some societies had better infrastructure for that than others but none were great as a rule. I mean seriously, what were the vikings other than people who went out and murdered folk for fun and profit?

And while there might be indications that people were being murdered it might actually be hard to say that it was a 'mass' murderer. Even today it's not like they kill every other day or once a week. So if two or three times a year someone goes missing, was it bandits? Romans? That peddler that just passed through last week? one of us? an animal? did they get lost?

And if it did happen, and they did catch the person, we'd never likely hear about it most of the time. Small communities like that did not keep much in the way of records, there was no 'newspaper' (or any paper for that matter).

Having said that, there are some recorded. I found this which might be interesting:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"The best way to end discrimination is not to discriminate." Righties love saying that.

So. . . we gonna do that, or are they just blowing air? Girls' and boys' sports, bathrooms, and locker rooms are every bit as unlawful under the Civil Rights Acts (which forbid discrimination on the basis of sex in the same list as race) as separate "White" and "Colored" programs and facilities.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
"The best way to end discrimination is not to discriminate." Righties love saying that.

So. . . we gonna do that, or are they just blowing air? Girls' and boys' sports, bathrooms, and locker rooms are every bit as unlawful under the Civil Rights Acts (which forbid discrimination on the basis of sex in the same list as race) as separate "White" and "Colored" programs and facilities.

JFC you're gonna start a riot with that post :p

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
JFC you're gonna start a riot with that post :p
Every now and then down hereabouts, women get sick of the lines at public bathrooms and sashay into the men's.

More rarely, the cops are dumb enough to arrest 'em.

Every once in a while, ya find a DA with his eye on the governor's mansion who'll prosecute.

Whereupon (so far), a judge tells him "Not going there. Not in my court. Make it go away, counsel."

Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

So if I piss on the lawn and I'm seen will I be arrested for exposing myself? Fuck yes. Why? Who did I offend?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Well... keeps us on our toes doesn't it :) That's always a good thing survival wise :)

I haven't actually studied the cause of those things nearly as much so it's a little harder to say, but frankly a trait where the person is prepared to do anything for their own happiness and survival sounds like something that might enjoy at least limited success evolutionarily speakng

And most likely it's within the standard deviation of our brain model.

No, it's just that back in the day they tended to become chief or emperor or some damn thing. :) It was less of a detriment and more of a marketable skill.

Joking aside, there was an absolute SHIT tonne of unprovoked killings in the day. And no "police" to go after bad guys if they ran away. Some societies had better infrastructure for that than others but none were great as a rule. I mean seriously, what were the vikings other than people who went out and murdered folk for fun and profit?

And while there might be indications that people were being murdered it might actually be hard to say that it was a 'mass' murderer. Even today it's not like they kill every other day or once a week. So if two or three times a year someone goes missing, was it bandits? Romans? That peddler that just passed through last week? one of us? an animal? did they get lost?

And if it did happen, and they did catch the person, we'd never likely hear about it most of the time. Small communities like that did not keep much in the way of records, there was no 'newspaper' (or any paper for that matter).

Having said that, there are some recorded. I found this which might be interesting:

The way jolly olde England got rich. There was no real difference between a pirate and a privateer except a piece of paper from the crown.

Reactions: The_Foxer

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

You just like to stir up shit.

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The way jolly olde England got rich. There was no real difference between a pirate and a privateer except a piece of paper from the crown.
Truth. THe ability to slaughter indiscriminately, kill and rape women and children and loot and plunder has always been a highly marketable and successful skill throughout history :) When we think of the great leaders of history we think of people like Khan, Caesar, Napoleon, Richard the lionhearted, etc etc. All took great pleasure in slaughtering the bejeezuz out of people.

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
RIghties never say that. What righties say is that people should be equal, which is not the same as "being the same ".
There's nothing wrong with actually acknowledging physical differences. THat's not 'discrimination'. Are you "discriminating' when you put in a ramp for wheelchair people? I mean, you're saying they have to use that instead of the stairs like everyone else soooooo......

So differentiating between groups isn't ipso facto discrimination. WE don't let children drink at the bar. That's not 'ageist". Discrimination is where you treat someone differently ONLY because they're a different colour, sex, religion etc etc.

So in each case you would have to look at WHY a distinction is being made. In the case of kids and booze we would say that the child would suffer serious harm the adult wouldn't, and is not capable of making a rational "adult" informed decision on the matter, therefore it's not about discrimination.

Rarely is anything black and white, and sometimes you try to argue by presenting things in that light. Either there's NO differentiating humans or ALL must be put into groups and differentiated! Well the reality is a lot more nuanced.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
RIghties never say that. What righties say is that people should be equal, which is not the same as "being the same ".

There's nothing wrong with actually acknowledging physical differences. THat's not 'discrimination'. Are you "discriminating' when you put in a ramp for wheelchair people? I mean, you're saying they have to use that instead of the stairs like everyone else soooooo......

So differentiating between groups isn't ipso facto discrimination. WE don't let children drink at the bar. That's not 'ageist". Discrimination is where you treat someone differently ONLY because they're a different colour, sex, religion etc etc.

So in each case you would have to look at WHY a distinction is being made. In the case of kids and booze we would say that the child would suffer serious harm the adult wouldn't, and is not capable of making a rational "adult" informed decision on the matter, therefore it's not about discrimination.

Rarely is anything black and white, and sometimes you try to argue by presenting things in that light. Either there's NO differentiating humans or ALL must be put into groups and differentiated! Well the reality is a lot more nuanced.
That's right, folks, he's saying that women can't use the stalls in a men's bathroom. Physically impossible.