What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I used to bake tea biscuits when I was in my mountain retreat, just ordinary biscuits, hot out of the oven laced with butter and molasses. Those were the days. As soon as my pork chops are finished growing I'm going to duplicate your above recipe. I noticed you grounded you chops. Was their a risk of electrical discharge and if so what pray tell could it have been. #ten copper ground strap I presume.

No chance for an electric malfunction as I used a Ninja food processor. I hope your food came out real good & tasty! :)

this subject reminds me of grampa jones on the old show heehaw. "Hey GRAMPA,,,what fer supper?" Well I had chili dogs this evenin. An exquisite combination of Hormel canned chili and the cheapest pack of hot dogs on sale that I could find down at the sto. The buns were a little stale but , at 75 cents fer a package who's gonna complain. It was a delightful fare.

Next time toast the hot dog buns and it will get rid of some of the staleness & add flavor to your meal. :)

B00Mer; said:
Good taste...

But have a question for ya.. Ukrainian dishes.. what's popular?

I'm going to the Ukraine in January 2015, and a few other European countries.

Good old Kapusniak:

Sauerkraut Soup – Kapusniak Recipe

one of my absolute favorite dishes

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
this subject reminds me of grampa jones on the old show heehaw. "Hey GRAMPA,,,what fer supper?" Well I had chili dogs this evenin. An exquisite combination of Hormel canned chili and the cheapest pack of hot dogs on sale that I could find down at the sto. The buns were a little stale but , at 75 cents fer a package who's gonna complain. It was a delightful fare.

Love chili dogs. We sometimes use Daal Makhani instead of chili. Indian fusion dogs. They are soooo good.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
bought a beautiful standing rib roast, very small, like a big thick steak.

on sale i must add, too expensive any other time.

cooked on high heat on barbecue, both sides, turned heat down and cooked
it more till some pink still inside.

sliced thru the middle to make two steaks, served with sauteed gr. beans,brocolli,baby carrots
and onions, accompanied by a warm buttered bun.

small glass of our own wine.

now relaxing to hockey games and the ball game.

the steak was amazing, so tender, so juicy.

the dog got the big bone,(after my husband was finished with it,lol), but only till he cleaned it thoroughly, then we took it away,
as cooked bones are a no no for dogs, bones should be raw.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
^ sounds goooooood!

----

Tonite I decided not to cook anything complicated so I just made some baked beans (from a can), added tuna, sweet pepper, and sharp cheddar cheese.

watched some high school football online

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Garlic Peppercorn Venison Chop with grilled brined leeks, herbed risotto with a mushroom venison demi glaze.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I had yesterdays mashed potatoes surplus, smothered in extra butter and freshly ground back pepper., desert was peanut butter, cheap peanut butter as a base for excellent homemade raspberry jam. I made do with two slices of cardboard no name bread for that sandwhich As a result of my good taste I post today.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I had corn pop, 2% milk and a phyto berry shake. ( you've got to balance the healthy stuff with a helping of not so healthy or the body could go into shock)

But for lunch I had a heaping plate of spring greens, baked fried smashed potatoes with aged cheddar, onion, and butter...real butter and it was delicious...

Dinner is almost always a right off here on the week day.