What Are You Having For Dinner?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nope. Don't drink beer any more as I cannot deal with gluten. That makes me envious of people who like to guzzle the suds which is a big pastime here in Gopherland. But yes, leftovers are always yummy so it's great to cook just a little extra din din every other night or so.

Budweiser is rice beer. Drink up!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Isn't that opposite?

nope -- all that sh1t had been accumulating in my tummy all these years and I tell ya it did not take long for my tummy to reduce in size once I got rid of all that gluten crap

Growing up in NY, pasta, bread, muffins, pizza, and all that other wheat based crap is a huge part of the local diet. And I had always stuffed myself with it not knowing how harmful it had been all this time. Mind you, I have not lost my appetite by so much as one iota - I still stuff myself as I did tonight with stewed pork which was utterly delish. Yet, I have not regained any weight like so many dieters do.

I will never eat gluten ever again.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
gophers love to live off the fat of the land:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
pork chop & rice soup:

rice = Texmati style (very fluffy)

tomato paste

pesto sauce comprised of basil & garlic

onion & sweet green pepper

lettuce

other flavorings:

apple cider vinegar

olive oil

Italian salad dressing

black pepper

garlic & ginger & curry powder

And I made enough so that I will have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
one of the biggest problems with restaurant food is that you don't get to eat leftovers which are always my favorite meals :)

It's tricky but it can be done, you just sit next to a big table and before the waitress gets a chance to remove the plates you grab them!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Here in Gopherland restaurant managements usually don't appreciate it when customers use doggie bags during the all you can eat buffet days. Now they have security cameras which record all activities including those of folks who try to sneak out a few goodies. Because of these crack downs there are fewer such buffet promotions nowadays as they led to hassles between management and customers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Here in Gopherland restaurant managements usually don't appreciate it when customers use doggie bags during the all you can eat buffet days. Now they have security cameras which record all activities including those of folks who try to sneak out a few goodies. Because of these crack downs there are fewer such buffet promotions nowadays as they led to hassles between management and customers.

Can't really say I blame them, there's a slight difference between taking part of the prescribed amount home with you and taking home a doggie bag after you've already made a pig of yourself at the buffet table.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
JLM; said:
Can't really say I blame them, there's a slight difference between taking part of the prescribed amount home with you and taking home a doggie bag after you've already made a pig of yourself at the buffet table.

I liked reading about some of the tricks used by greedy patrons during those buffets - they would pig out and have their full - they would go back to the buffet tables to get plates full of food, then ask the waitress to get them water - when the waitress leaves they pack some of the food into their handbags or carry ons, drink some water when she gives it to them, then go back to the buffet tables for more food and ask the waitress for the check - while she leaves to go the cashier's box they would put more food in their bags. The tables which had been filled just minutes before are now suddenly empty as the patrons filled their bags and sneaked out with tons of food.

Ladies would have their hand bags lined with plastic bags and men would have their coat pockets lined with similar bags to sneak in foods when nobody was looking. But all this stopped once restaurants started having security cameras in their shops.

:)

Dinner tonight: leftover soup from last night. Sure enough it tasted better than before.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I liked reading about some of the tricks used by greedy patrons during those buffets - they would pig out and have their full - they would go back to the buffet tables to get plates full of food, then ask the waitress to get them water - when the waitress leaves they pack some of the food into their handbags or carry ons, drink some water when she gives it to them, then go back to the buffet tables for more food and ask the waitress for the check - while she leaves to go the cashier's box they would put more food in their bags. The tables which had been filled just minutes before are now suddenly empty as the patrons filled their bags and sneaked out with tons of food.

Ladies would have their hand bags lined with plastic bags and men would have their coat pockets lined with similar bags to sneak in foods when nobody was looking. But all this stopped once restaurants started having security cameras in their shops.

:)

I just hate bastards like that and they are likely the first ones to scream when they feel they are being ripped off!

Supper tonight- tossed salad, chicken drumsticks, sweet potato, broccoli and ice cream!