2 lbs ground beef
2 cups of red wine
2 cups of Marinara Sauce
1 cup of tomato paste

Marinara Sauce:
6 cloves garlice crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 can plum tomatoes

Heat oil over medium high heat and cook crushed garlic until it begins to brown. Add can tomatoes and heat for 15-20 minutes, until it begins to thicken. Crush tomatoes with a spoon and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Can add a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large dutch oven, heat oil and cook celery, carrots, onions, sage and rosemary until vegetables are soft and tender and onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add white wine and simmer until liquid is reduced. Add ground beef, breaking up with a spoon and stirring until thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. Add red wine and simmer until liquid is reduced. Add the Marinara sauce and tomato paste, stir well and reduce heat and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes.

I made lasagna with this sauce a few weeks ago and it was amazing. So I'm making the sauce again. :D

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This is my evening fare....

Bolognese:

2 cups each of finely diced carrots, celery, and onions
1 sprig fresh sage
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 cup of white wine
2 lbs ground beef
2 cups of red wine
2 cups of Marinara Sauce
1 cup of tomato paste

Marinara Sauce:
6 cloves garlice crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 can plum tomatoes

Heat oil over medium high heat and cook crushed garlic until it begins to brown. Add can tomatoes and heat for 15-20 minutes, until it begins to thicken. Crush tomatoes with a spoon and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Can add a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large dutch oven, heat oil and cook celery, carrots, onions, sage and rosemary until vegetables are soft and tender and onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Add white wine and simmer until liquid is reduced. Add ground beef, breaking up with a spoon and stirring until thoroughly cooked and no pink remains. Add red wine and simmer until liquid is reduced. Add the Marinara sauce and tomato paste, stir well and reduce heat and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes.

I made lasagna with this sauce a few weeks ago and it was amazing. So I'm making the sauce again. :D

This does NOT seem right. I see 3 glasses of wine and all used in the recipe. It really isn't any good if it is only the food getting cooked.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is my evening fare....

Bolognese:

2 cups each of finely diced carrots, celery, and onions
1 sprig fresh sage
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 cup of white wine
2 lbs ground beef
2 cups of red wine
2 cups of Marinara Sauce
1 cup of tomato paste

Marinara Sauce:
6 cloves garlice crushed
3 tbsp olive oil
1 can plum tomatoes

sure post this after I've had my wine and can't drive...biatcho!!

how much does this make, I may pick up ingredients for tomorrow, upcoming week at work promises to be hell on wheels busy again and this would be good to have on hand

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This does NOT seem right. I see 3 glasses of wine and all used in the recipe. It really isn't any good if it is only the food getting cooked.

I'm telling you it's amazing, it really is!

Plus, you do the math; you use 1 cup of white wine and 2 cups of red wine in a recipe, how much wine is left in the bottles? Waste not, want not, lol.

sure post this after I've had my wine and can't drive...biatcho!!

how much does this make, I may pick up ingredients for tomorrow, upcoming week at work promises to be hell on wheels busy again and this would be good to have on hand

Standard dutch oven is about three quarters full. There will be leftovers! :D

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
so you said you made lasagna with it before do you mean you can't just enjoy it as is8O

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
so you said you made lasagna with it before do you mean you can't just enjoy it as is8O

Sure you can, that's how I'm having it tonight, served over pasta. But it was a part of a larger recipe to make a lasagna, and the kids helped me make the sauce last time and everyone just loved the sauce. (The scent of the cooking sage brought everyone out to the kitchen, lol.)

So I decided to make it again.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sure you can, that's how I'm having it tonight, served over pasta. But it was a part of a larger recipe to make a lasagna, and the kids helped me make the sauce last time and everyone just loved the sauce. (The scent of the cooking sage brought everyone out to the kitchen, lol.)

So I decided to make it again.
righteo then, I'm in unless I make stew tomorrow or Rockin Morrocan if I'm in the mood for vegetarian.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was lazy and made poutine for dinner this evening. Fast, cheap and delicious all within the half time break.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nothing complicated. Brocolli, Cauliflower, and a tossed salad, to go with a couple nice striploin steaks along with a pair of baked potatoes. Simple, easy, and great.