What Are You Having For Dinner?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
scrambled eggs and toast...wasn't hungry until late so just threw together a quicky

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't know what I'm having for my tea (I don't have dinner, just tea).

If I can't be bothered making something I'll probbaly just nip to my local doner kebab shop up at Daubhill and order a load of German shepherd meat with loads of raw red onions, lettuce, tomatoes and spicy sauces in a pocket of pitta bread (a popular dish in Britain, especially on Friday and Saturday nights).

Or I might nip to Ashy's chippy in Daubhill and order fish and chips (they give you loads of chunky chips and two huge fillets of battered fish for just £3.50 or so, which is cheap especially for a place run by Asians), or pudding, chips, mushy peas and gravy.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't know what I'm having for my tea (I don't have dinner, just tea).

If I can't be bothered making something I'll probbaly just nip to my local doner kebab shop up at Daubhill and order a load of German shepherd meat.

Is that tastier than other dogs?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I made chicken pot pie in the slow cooker that will be dinner for tonight

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I made chicken pot pie in the slow cooker that will be dinner for tonight

Nice, how do you do the crust?

I did a meatloaf in the slow cooker night before last. Slow cooker is awesome for meatloaf, you can use a leaner ground and not worry about it being dry. Holds together really well too.

Love using my slow cooker. Nothing like coming home to the scent of a meal being cooked. :D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

I did a meatloaf in the slow cooker night before last. Slow cooker is awesome for meatloaf, you can use a leaner ground and not worry about it being dry. Holds together really well too.

Love using my slow cooker. Nothing like coming home to the scent of a meal being cooked. :D

I've never had much luck with chicken pot pie crust. As a general rule it is chicken pot pie with dumplings.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

you don't do the crust you make up some biscuits...that's why I like it, there isn't the fat content you get with pie crust...I combined two different recipes...funny you should mention meatloaf did that on the weekend...used a recipe with quick cooking oats and V8 juice...it turned out pretty good but I didn't use a slow cooker, sounds like a wonderful idea...slow cooker = lazy amazing chef... :D

Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces 3/4 cup sliced celery and onion, diced and I diced (large) 3 potatoes (throw over chicken pieces)

celery seed, poultry seasoning, and black pepper sprinkle liberally

2 cans cream of chicken soup over the taters 1 bag Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers
put the crock on high for an hour, turned down to low for 3...turned back up to high and threw in a bag of Green Giant steamers (corn, carrots, peas)

really liked the poultry flavouring, have never tried that before....also the recipe didn't call for it to start off on high for the first hour...that's just me

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
were going for fish n chips today, have certificate from golf for two 3 piece dinners, (the place
we are going serves small pieces,) so it won't be as much as it sounds, also making apple pies
from homegrown apples,

better get started on those pies, see ya.