What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
last night it was chicken soup - rice, sour cabbage, green onions -- the usual stuff

Had a lot of leftover stock so I saved it for tonight and made seafood chowder: added crab meat, more green onions, sour cabbage (well chopped), seasonings, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Then I added beef stock.

The flavor was heavenly!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
I think I'd enjoy eating at your place gopher, you consistently have the tastiest meals, in my opinion.

I made a brats & tomato sandwich (on brown rice bread) for lunch earlier today and heard some neighbors commenting about the good smell coming from my apartment. Later on I baked some muffins and I imagine they must have liked the smell even more. :)

Last night I had some pork & broccoli soup with white rice & green onions for dinner. Tonight I'm having leftovers and they will taste even better!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
my blender was going kaput but, luckily, I invested in a five year warranty and it was replaced

Tonight, I made a pork chop cheeseburger - put a large pork chop into the blender, grounded the meat and laced it with spices, garlic, and hot sauce -- panned fried it and put it between gluten free hamburger bread, more sauce, and sharp cheddar cheese. Asparagus on the side along with cranberry-apple juice.

Yum, yum!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I used to bake tea biscuits when I was in my mountain retreat, just ordinary biscuits, hot out of the oven laced with butter and molasses. Those were the days. As soon as my pork chops are finished growing I'm going to duplicate your above recipe. I noticed you grounded you chops. Was their a risk of electrical discharge and if so what pray tell could it have been. #ten copper ground strap I presume.

Last edited:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Now i'm starving...

My dinner consisted of orange ginger green tea and 12 grain toast with rasberry jam. Sadly dull and boring comparatively speaking.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Good taste...

But have a question for ya.. Ukrainian dishes.. what's popular?

I'm going to the Ukraine in January 2015, and a few other European countries.

It's all good. Fancy schmancy French cuisine came from when Napoleon had to winter in Ukraine. You're gonna need bigger pants.

Now i'm starving...

My dinner consisted of orange ginger green tea and 12 grain toast with rasberry jam. Sadly dull and boring comparatively speaking.

Walk over to Fresgos for a big wad of cheesecake.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sure..and then I'd have to waddle home! Lol. Fresgos is STILL Operating! They are an old time original as are some of the patrons! Lol

It's good, big portions, fast and cheap. Wicked clubhouse sammiches. Caesar salads too and of course the cheesecake.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes. I ate there this eve.

I don't think I've seen one in B.C. this century but then I don't frequent big cities!

I just googled it, there's still a few. Looks like Regina has the only on in SK. , none in the Okanagan.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
this subject reminds me of grampa jones on the old show heehaw. "Hey GRAMPA,,,what fer supper?" Well I had chili dogs this evenin. An exquisite combination of Hormel canned chili and the cheapest pack of hot dogs on sale that I could find down at the sto. The buns were a little stale but , at 75 cents fer a package who's gonna complain. It was a delightful fare.