Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
from my military experience only a very few members are qualified to carry firearms.

arming the vast majority with guns would be ill advised

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Protesting outside a base doesn't count. When I worked for the armed forces everyone except us civilian employees was qualified to pack a rife. And had to on a regular basis.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Protesting outside a base doesn't count. When I worked for the armed forces everyone except us civilian employees was qualified to pack a rife. And had to on a regular basis.
No they never were qualified to pack a rifle.

You range qualify to fire weapons during your basic training the you re-qualify every 3-5 years as required _ which means in most cases it is not required.

At no time are you ever qualified to pack a rifle

Packing a rifle is a qualification that takes months and years to do.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
That is a whole different and interesting topic. TB is right although there are some major differences between Switzerland and NA. Switzerland is the size of a small island with a national identity that goes back around a thousand years. WE have no national identity, relatively new , large numbers of immigrants and a vast area. SO I guess the question is would the Switzerland model work on a large scale?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SWISS MODEL WOULD WORK ON A LARGE SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF such a model was ever implemented - BUT................

its TOO BAD LIE-berals WOULD NEVER implement the Swiss model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first obstacle would be Swiss immigration standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swiss DO NOT ACCEPT illegals who trespass across the borders - as Our idiot Boy does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swiss DO NOT hand out Swiss citizenship as if it were a McDonalds Happy Meal PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE VERY FEW WHO DO GET Swiss citizenship HAVE PROVED OVER SEVERAL DECADES..........................

that the candidate CAN AND WILL MAKE VALID CONTRIBUTION to Swiss society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who dont contribute measurably and those who are unable to find suitable work...........................

ARE BOOTED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thirdly - the Swiss DO NOT HAND OUT welfare payments to trespassers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swiss tax rates VARY ACCORDING to your work status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizens pay a LOWER RATE than those who are allowed into the country to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that an English CITIZEN who is hired to teach English at a school in Geneva.........................

WILL PAY MUCH HIGHER TAXES THAN A SWISS CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can state this with CERTAINTY because my English teacher at school in Ontariowe..........................

HAD IMMIGRATED HERE From Switzerland as a result of those onerous Swiss taxes on foreign workers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further- being steadily EMPLOYED for several decades as an English teacher in Geneva............................

WILL NOT EARN YOU either the right to Swiss Citizenship...........................................

NOR will your employment history earn you the RIGHT TO BUY ANY SWISS LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switzerland is NOT a member of the European Union and ANY interaction between the Swiss and E.U..............................

follows rules and standards SET IN GENEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THUS virtually ALL of the recent LIE-beral political policy..................................

would BE VOTED DOWN IN smoothly running Switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a Swiss LUNATIC FRINGE would support somebody like Our idiot Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SWISS MODEL WOULD WORK ON A LARGE SCALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF such a model was ever implemented - BUT................

its TOO BAD LIE-berals WOULD NEVER implement the Swiss model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first obstacle would be Swiss immigration standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swiss DO NOT ACCEPT illegals who trespass across the borders - as Our idiot Boy does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Swiss DO NOT hand out Swiss citizenship as if it were a McDonalds Happy Meal PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE VERY FEW WHO DO GET Swiss citizenship HAVE PROVED OVER SEVERAL DECADES..........................

that the candidate CAN AND WILL MAKE VALID CONTRIBUTION to Swiss society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who dont contribute measurably and those who are unable to find suitable work...........................

ARE BOOTED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thirdly - the Swiss DO NOT HAND OUT welfare payments to trespassers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swiss tax rates VARY ACCORDING to your work status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizens pay a LOWER RATE than those who are allowed into the country to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that an English CITIZEN who is hired to teach English at a school in Geneva.........................

WILL PAY MUCH HIGHER TAXES THAN A SWISS CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can state this with CERTAINTY because my English teacher at school in Ontariowe..........................

HAD IMMIGRATED HERE From Switzerland as a result of those onerous Swiss taxes on foreign workers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further- being steadily EMPLOYED for several decades as an English teacher in Geneva............................

WILL NOT EARN YOU either the right to Swiss Citizenship...........................................

NOR will your employment history earn you the RIGHT TO BUY ANY SWISS LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switzerland is NOT a member of the European Union and ANY interaction between the Swiss and E.U..............................

follows rules and standards SET IN GENEVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THUS virtually ALL of the recent LIE-beral political policy..................................

would BE VOTED DOWN IN smoothly running Switzerland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only a Swiss LUNATIC FRINGE would support somebody like Our idiot Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to think Trump has adopted quite a few Swiss practices to add to his philosophy! Smart man!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
We have in Canada, It's called an FAC....you even need it to buy ammunition

FAC is now PAL (Purchase Acquisition License) and a 2 week federal firearm training (besides the youth firearm safety course) is needed before applying for the license, and then an extensive background check is done on you.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Better said than I could have at this time of morning.
So question: if all these other countries with lots and lots o guns have people who don't seem to go backshyte crazy with them have, as a common denominator, that their people are trained somehow with them... why aren't the gun people pushing back with everyone needing gun training/handling/maintenance before they can own a gun? I mean, it's what them other countries are doin?
(oh, I also think military service of some kind should be something everyone has to have, though whether actual military when of age or a teen version like a cadet core, doesn't matter, and such training would allow for weapon ownership, but that's another topic I guess)

You need to take a federal firearm safety course, with practical training, before applying for a PAL.

A quick question for you How many gun related incidents involve someone with a PAL license in Canada?

edit: Although a traditional sustenance hunter does not need a PAL license with their status card.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
OOOooo. . . and extensive background check!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cops ask your neighbours if they are okay with you owning gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the assumption that they should know something about

your normal daily mental state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also ask your EX wife - if you have one - what she thinks of you having a gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if they get shrugs and comments about your love of hunting or target shooting...............................

then all is OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But if they get responses of the sort: "Who?? Him?????????

With a gun????? Oh???????????? Uh - really??????????

How BIG a gun??????????????????

Then there MIGHT be a problem getting your paperwork and permissions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all QUITE SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your neighbours have seen you recently lost in seriously angry debate..............................

with one of your multiple personalities...................................

or if they have seen you shouting in ANGER at something ONLY YOU can see...............................

then there might be a DENIAL of gun ownership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other words - Cdn law takes SERIOUSLY that Yankee adage that guns should only be in the hands of ..............................

a WELL trained and DISCIPLINED PEOPLE - you know- that Yankee Amendment thingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy people who make their neighbours UNEASY in Canada - just by being themselves.........................

JUST DONT QUALIFY for a gun!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
That is a whole different and interesting topic. TB is right although there are some major differences between Switzerland and NA. Switzerland is the size of a small island with a national identity that goes back around a thousand years. WE have no national identity, relatively new , large numbers of immigrants and a vast area. SO I guess the question is would the Switzerland model work on a large scale?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Poor taxslave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LITTLE DETAIL YOU ARE MISSING...............................

is that the Swiss Model WOULD NOT EVEN WORK IN SWITZERLAND.........................

if Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals were at the controls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need ti clean up your thought process -a Swiss voter would never accept your version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Where have you seen insurance this low.....
A club pays $5 per member ($50 minimum) to affiliate with the National Firearms Association, plus only $9.95* per member (no minimum) for NFA Liability Insurance coverage!*

https://nfa.ca/member-area/insurance/
Even you can figure out that legal gun owners are no danger to society

Naaah! I still doubt that Hoid is that bright

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Better said than I could have at this time of morning.

So question: if all these other countries with lots and lots o guns have people who don't seem to go backshyte crazy with them have, as a common denominator, that their people are trained somehow with them... why aren't the gun people pushing back with everyone needing gun training/handling/maintenance before they can own a gun? I mean, it's what them other countries are doin?
in canada, we have about a million or more people that have taken a firearms safety course and have subjected themselves to a police records check. and we have about 150 non suicide deathes per year. my question for you is how much more would these 1 million people need to do before we save just 1 life? my second question is do you think that would be justified?

(oh, I also think military service of some kind should be something everyone has to have, though whether actual military when of age or a teen version like a cadet core, doesn't matter, and such training would allow for weapon ownership, but that's another topic I guess)

I disagree. I think the disproportionate amount of veterans ( and low income) in the US drives the violent gun culture in the US that we dont see in Canada because in Canada our gun culture has a high influence from a hunting and sportsman culture.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I disagree. I think the disproportionate amount of veterans ( and low income) in the US drives the violent gun culture in the US that we dont see in Canada because in Canada our gun culture has a high influence from a hunting and sportsman culture.
I don't suppose any facts would change your mind.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
in canada, we have about a million or more people that have taken a firearms safety course and have subjected themselves to a police records check. and we have about 150 non suicide deathes per year. my question for you is how much more would these 1 million people need to do before we save just 1 life? my second question is do you think that would be justified?

I don't think a smattering of military training would do anyone too much harm but too much I find encourages a superiority complex where they "know everything".