Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
in canada, we have about a million or more people that have taken a firearms safety course and have subjected themselves to a police records check. and we have about 150 non suicide deathes per year. my question for you is how much more would these 1 million people need to do before we save just 1 life? my second question is do you think that would be justified?
I disagree. I think the disproportionate amount of veterans ( and low income) in the US drives the violent gun culture in the US that we dont see in Canada because in Canada our gun culture has a high influence from a hunting and sportsman culture.
The Canadian population is now 85% urban and the huntin' an fishin' part doesn't apply to that many of us, anymore ... including ex-servicemen. Besides, most Servicemen are performing technical and clerical duties. The Navy and Air Force are entirely technical and small arms training, while mandatory, is not front and center to their service. A pretty small part of the Armed Forced are in the Combat Arms business.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Canadian population is now 85% urban and the huntin' an fishin' part doesn't apply to that many of us, anymore ... including ex-servicemen. Besides, most Servicemen are performing technical and clerical duties. The Navy and Air Force are entirely technical and small arms training, while mandatory, is not front and center to their service. A pretty small part of the Armed Forced are in the Combat Arms business.
Oh, dear, more of those darn facts!

Ya blew up his vision of veterans as cold-blooded, experienced killers with rifle, pistol, knife, teeth, whatever, just itchin' to take human lives!

Your Indun name is Dreamkiller.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Ya blew up his vision of veterans as cold-blooded, experienced killers with rifle, pistol, knife, teeth, whatever, just itchin' to take human lives!
I was armed with many wrenches ...

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
A bunch. How about this one? Veterans commit fewer criminal shootings in proportion to their presence in the population than non-veterans.

Pretty much blows Bondo's whole thesis out of the water, don't it?

No it doesnt. it just means that the slums you have are even worse.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

the logical fallacy that you are using is called relative privation. for your clients sake you should learn to not use it.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I am rural, don't own a gun, never have and likely never will. Just of no use to me. I did shoot a rifle a couple of times......Meh, not for me.
That said, I have a few friends that hunt. I can see that they should be required to show they are capable and responsible enough to own these things, just as we are required to be licensed to drive.
That said, it's the criminal element that needs to be focused on as a priority, but typical of government, they take the easy, feel good approach about everything.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I am rural, don't own a gun, never have and likely never will. Just of no use to me. I did shoot a rifle a couple of times......Meh, not for me.
That said, I have a few friends that hunt. I can see that they should be required to show they are capable and responsible enough to own these things, just as we are required to be licensed to drive.
That said, it's the criminal element that needs to be focused on as a priority, but typical of government, they take the easy, feel good approach about everything.
Easier (and more re-electable) than doing the hard stuff.