Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Huffington Post is on a crusade.........it absolutely boggles the mind how they have abandoned anything faintly resembling journalistic integrity in their attempt to overthrow the US Bill of Rights.

How many lies can you find in this article??? Innuendo??? Misleading "facts"????

NRA Gun Control Crusade Reflects Firearms Industry Financial Ties

Yep.

Banning guns will work in the USA....lol

Kentucky Sheriff to Obama: No Gun Control in My County

Definitely a sheriff I wouldn't want to meet in an alley.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
You're quite welcome, what I find really odd is that even long time LEO's have never heard of Sir Robert Peel's 9 principles of consentual policing, you kind of wonder where they think the term "Bobbies" came from.

What's a Bobbie?;-)

Quite correct, Bobnooo, etc.............Methinks an unarmed policeman today would last no time at all, even in the UK........

Harking back to TV dramas where the detective had to open a drawer in his office to get a handgun, to accompany the Bobbies on some raid or other.

Makes one think.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
WashPost Editorial to Obama: Clamp Down on Gun-running; Fast & Furious Anyone?!

Today's Washington Post editorial clings to the liberal anti-gun rights view that only the government should have access to "military weapons," by which of course they mean semiautomatic "assault rifles" like the AR-15. Of course, government corruption and incompetence has long been an avenue by which criminals have obtained weapons, the Fast & Furious gunrunning scandal being an instructive case in point.

But alas, the drug-running scandal was curious missing from the January 11 editorial in which the Post argued that in addition to an assault weapons ban, the U.S. government needs to crack down on international gun-smuggling, particularly on the Mexican border:

The White House would be wise to consider at least two other measures that polls suggest enjoy public support. One would be to require universal background checks for gun sales, closing a loophole in which more than 40 percent of sales, and perhaps up to half, are not subject to such checks, including through the Internet and at gun shows. The other would be federal legislation to tighten the definitions and penalties for gun trafficking, a problem that plagues the border with Mexico.

more

WashPost Editorial to Obama: Clamp Down on Gun-running; Fast & Furious Anyone?! | NewsBusters.org

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
What's a Bobbie?;-)

Quite correct, Bobnooo, etc.............Methinks an unarmed policeman today would last no time at all, even in the UK........

Harking back to TV dramas where the detective had to open a drawer in his office to get a handgun, to accompany the Bobbies on some raid or other.

Makes one think.

I'm not sure if they are all armed even now, a friend of mine was a London cop and they weren't all armed then, I guess it was personal choice, I dunno. That was 20 years ago and he made sure he was armed, he was a cop in South Africa before that, (and we think the US West was wild), and SAS before South Africa.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually, it is sad but NOT a necessary part of life...
That just shows how little you know about the world as a whole.
Finding alternate solutions to killing others of our species, is neither myoptic nor narrow, quite the opposite.
That isn't what you said that was myopic and narrow minded, lol.

In my opinion, driving and shooting out a moving car is NOT a laudable talent.
That's because you have a myopic and narrow view of the world.

Why spend the precious time alotted to one in learning obscure protective (at least I hope they are proctective) actions .
Because as long as there are differing views, religions and people, there will be violence. Someone needs to protect dignitaries, businessmen and their families.

Might save a lot more lives, doing what the police services do...
Like learning how to shoot. From moving cars even?

......teaching children about respect for other people and the dangers of not doing so.
And until that sinks in, the fight instinct is still necessary.

That's why people like Colpy, Mark, Goober and I exist.

You're welcome by the way.

Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones on gun control: Who won wild debate? (+video) - CSMonitor.com
From the article; quote:.
Ultraconservative radio talk host Alex Jones appeared on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” on Monday talking about gun control, although “talking” is a word that might not really describe what went on. Mr. Jones shouted, ranted, and preached in a voice so loud that Rush Limbaugh is a whispering golf announcer by comparison. Jones did everything but wrap himself in an American flag – though he did offer to fight Mr. Morgan while wearing red white and blue trunks.
Cool, by your measure, Larry Pratt won the debate with Piers.

Thanks for pointing that out.

LOL and which group do you suppose is in the majority here!!
Normal law abiding citizens.

Why? What do you think?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't like the idea personally. While I have never, and would never, advocate to remove guns from law abiding citizens I also don't believe that anyone has the right to force them into mine or anyones. These are teachers and custodial staff for goodness sakes, not security personnel! If it's felt that it's necessary to provide armed security at the schools, then hire armed security.

That's my two cents.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I don't like the idea personally. While I have never, and would never, advocate to remove guns from law abiding citizens I also don't believe that anyone has the right to force them into mine or anyones. These are teachers and custodial staff for goodness sakes, not security personnel! If it's felt that it's necessary to provide armed security at the schools, then hire armed security.

That's my two cents.

They are not forcing them.

Although the article I posted doesn't make it clear, the armed staff will be volunteers that take a two-day training course.

Now THAT gives me the shivers. Having taught such courses, 5 days is barely enough....in fact, not enough.

I think civilians carrying concealed, be they administration, custodial, or teachers, is the answer. But they need to be trained well, background checked in detail, and skill qualified on a regular basis. In other words, they need the same level of skill as a police officer, or better.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...odial-staff-to-carry-handguns/?tckid=tw-share

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
They are not forcing them.

Although the article I posted doesn't make it clear, the armed staff will be volunteers that take a two-day training course.

Now THAT gives me the shivers. Having taught such courses, 5 days is barely enough....in fact, not enough.

I think civilians carrying concealed, be they administration, custodial, or teachers, is the answer. But they need to be trained well, background checked in detail, and skill qualified on a regular basis. In other words, they need the same level of skill as a police officer, or better.

‘A Means to Protect’: Ohio School Board Votes Unanimously to Allow Custodial Staff to Carry Handguns | TheBlaze.com

The 'forcing' bit was really in reference to the overall general concept as opposed to this specific article, as there has been a lot of talk since that horrible day in Newton of arming school staff. In principal though, I stand by it. Teachers teach, custodians clean,and security personnel should handle security. If the school did not have sufficient volunteers, then what? What about new hires, is their score on the shooting range going to take precedence over their teaching ability?

No, I'd say you hire the appropriate staff for security but definitely I'd agree with the level of qualifications that you've stated, given the importance of what they are protecting.

So much for the gun nut label.

Lol. What do you mean?