Gun Control is Completely Useless.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
And they keep proving it over and over and over.......:lol:

Take off the binkers. Because I am for restricting certain weapons to those mentally incompetent, children, ex-cons that makes me a nutbar?? Those who think gun control of any sort is unnecessary are the nutbars in my opinion. Those who feel they must have a total modern armory, to feel safe against the government they voted for, are the nutbars, also in my opinion. The need to purchase, over the counter weapons that fire multiple bullets in seconds to feel safe are the nutbars, again in my opinion.

So now you know what I think about those who put their overweaning need for personal protection ahead of those who do not want to live like we are in a state of war. Many people do not want to have to leave the house bristling with everything from schoolbags that repel bullets to armed guards in every school, bank or church .

It must be obvious, that the media attention given to such events and the after effects of them, encourage others to top the last one. So if the appellation "nutbar" fits, accept the name and think before speaking or posting.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Take off the binkers. Because I am for restricting certain weapons to those mentally incompetent, children, ex-cons that makes me a nutbar?? Those who think gun control of any sort is unnecessary are the nutbars in my opinion. Those who feel they must have a total modern armory, to feel safe against the government they voted for, are the nutbars, also in my opinion. The need to purchase, over the counter weapons that fire multiple bullets in seconds to feel safe are the nutbars, again in my opinion.

So now you know what I think about those who put their overweaning need for personal protection ahead of those who do not want to live like we are in a state of war. Many people do not want to have to leave the house bristling with everything from schoolbags that repel bullets to armed guards in every school, bank or church .

It must be obvious, that the media attention given to such events and the after effects of them, encourage others to top the last one. So if the appellation "nutbar" fits, accept the name and think before speaking or posting.

With that post you have just proven an old adage true once again, that you can't teach a dill pickle nuthin'............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

nicely said!!!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
(Gun Control is Completely Useless.)

Actually it is completely necessary when you intend to advance the police state.

What utter nonsense. Haven't ever heard about the word being more powerful than the sword, have you??

By the way, most democracies so far have been overthrown by the US government.
ie - Iran 1953
Guatama - l954
Congolese, Lumumba, the only elected president in it's history - 1960
Chilea Allende replaced with Pinochet installed 1973
Oh, and don't forget the replacement of tribal leader with Hussein., installed by the CIA. While this was not a democracy, it was a much better government than Hussein.

These are just a few that I remember.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
nicely said!!!

One of the main points posters are trying to make here is the likes of bluebyrd don't seem to understand is any legislated gun control for any type of guns is going to have very little effect. Criminals and the mentally insane have very little regard of obeying laws and actually when you outlaw guns you are at risk of even creating more criminals.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My question was rhetorical. But to clarify, it wasn't Piers Morgan.

And to JLM:
Something has to be done, as 12 000 gun deaths in America is a measure of the breakdown in culture.

Whoops, the 12 000 is a marked underestimate.
The U.S. Compared to Other Nations

17,000 were suicide, so take the gun away and they'll just accomplish it by other means. Some of the rest is just syphoning off candidates for Ol' Sparky or the injection, so that is actually quite a saving. So maybe there are 3 or 4 thousand tragic deaths, but no more tragic than the thousands each year who die by slipping and falling!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Perhaps Obomber is gonna take a run at it. Far as hand guns, best of luck. We've had to register them here for years.

Course, everyone needs a fully auto so he probably won't touch them.

Leave their hunting rifles and shotguns alone SVP.

Didn't we just come through this swamp ??

By golly, how advanced are we, eh;-)

This is just going to cost him money and support, and will gain him nada. The gun culture (IMHO) in the US is too deeply ingrained.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Man Shoots Robbery Suspect, Protects 2-Month-Old Son

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Columbus man said that he fought back when a man tried to rob him at gunpoint in west Columbus Monday night.

Kelby Smith, 34, told police he was in the driveway of the home on Crescent Drive just before 9 p.m. when he was approached by a robber.

Smith said that he had his 2-month-old in a car carrier and had to shield him from the robber who held a gun at Smith's head.

The suspect took Smith's money and started to flee the scene as he pointed the gun back at Smith and his child.

That's when Smith pulled out his own gun and fired at the robber.

The robber continued to run, but police said that a man fitting his description arrived at Mount Carmel West a short time later with a gunshot wound.

Authorities said Smith does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and they believe he was trying to defend himself.

Police are continuing to investigate, but the man at the hospital could face charges if it's determined he is the robbery suspect.

Smith and his child were uninjured in the robbery.

Man Shoots Robbery Suspect, Protects 2-Month-Old Son | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

Here's a good one...

Reality Check- Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones- Truth About Gun Homicide Rates - YouTube

Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones & the truth about gun homicide rates - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Man Shoots Robbery Suspect, Protects 2-Month-Old Son

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Columbus man said that he fought back when a man tried to rob him at gunpoint in west Columbus Monday night.

Kelby Smith, 34, told police he was in the driveway of the home on Crescent Drive just before 9 p.m. when he was approached by a robber.

Piers Morgan vs. Alex Jones & the truth about gun homicide rates - FOX19.com-Cincinnati News, Weather & Sports

It's sure nice to see a good story!

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
One of the main points posters are trying to make here is the likes of bluebyrd don't seem to understand is any legislated gun control for any type of guns is going to have very little effect. Criminals and the mentally insane have very little regard of obeying laws and actually when you outlaw guns you are at risk of even creating more criminals.

Not so.....as Britain had 35 firearm incidents, how many, no matter for what purpose, did the US have?? Heck I am sure it has already past the 35 mark and we are not even the middle of January yet. I understand very well, that thank goodness, it is mostly a fringe element in Canada who want no regulations whatever on gun ownership.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
My question was rhetorical. But to clarify, it wasn't Piers Morgan.

And to JLM:
Something has to be done, as 12 000 gun deaths in America is a measure of the breakdown in culture.

Whoops, the 12 000 is a marked underestimate.
The U.S. Compared to Other Nations

The "gun death" statistical game is a con job done on the naive by those with an agenda...

The MURDER RATE in the USA is relatively low, and has been dropping rapidly for the last 20 years, as gun laws are eased or eliminated. In fact, the rate is the lowest it has been since 1960........so where is this cultural breakdown???

The USA is a relatively peaceful place to live.

At least Morgan got it right, 12,000 homicides by people armed with firearms.

The suicide rate is irrelevant.

Alex Jones is nuttier than a fruitcake.

And absolutely correct in this interview.

Not so.....as Britain had 35 firearm incidents, how many, no matter for what purpose, did the US have?? Heck I am sure it has already past the 35 mark and we are not even the middle of January yet. I understand very well, that thank goodness, it is mostly a fringe element in Canada who want no regulations whatever on gun ownership.

How many people do you think will die in the rebellions that gun seizures will cause in the USA???