Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
And amendments can be amended.

Tick, tick, tick...
Sound familiar, Goober?

Fine.

Then AMEND the constitution.

But no, you don't see "progressives" talk about amending the constitution........because they know they don't have enough support.

In fact, they doubt they can get a law through Congress.....so they just might try an end run around both the Bill of Rights and the elected representatives of the people.

THAT is EXACTLY why the Second Amendment exists........so the people can rise up and throw out tyrants.

Seems like the whacko right wing is correct about Obama.

Shame that.

And the EO if issued can be appealed to the SCC.

I can't imagine the SCC (Supreme Court of Canada) will have much to say.......

Perhaps the SCOTUS might.

But the Bill of Rights is clear to anyone with reasonable reading comprehension........

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Fine.

But no, you don't see "progressives" talk about amending the constitution........because they know they don't have enough support.

In fact, they doubt they can get a law through Congress.....so they just might try an end run around both the Bill of Rights and the elected representatives of the people.

THAT is EXACTLY why the Second Amendment exists........so the people can rise up and throw out tyrants.

Shame that.

Have you read what was proposed, only proposed. Not issued as an EO, just proposed.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Fine.

Shame that.

I can't imagine the SCC (Supreme Court of Canada) will have much to say.......

Perhaps the SCOTUS might.

But the Bill of Rights is clear to anyone with reasonable reading comprehension........
I think you mean Supreme Court of the US. Please change it so it will be easier to understand.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
One of the main points posters are trying to make here is the likes of bluebyrd don't seem to understand is any legislated gun control for any type of guns is going to have very little effect. Criminals and the mentally insane have very little regard of obeying laws and actually when you outlaw guns you are at risk of even creating more criminals.

Oh but bluebyrd understands those stats reporting a decline in murder stats. LOL....it was -3. This was taken one state at a time....some were up and others down......but wait for it folks.......drumroll......those stats do not include either Florida nor Alabama. How many people think either of those states showed a decline?? Not blooming many I bet. As I said the piss poor solutions offered by the
whacked out on losing their right to fight with a gun just do not make sense to those of average intelligence.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
One of the main points posters are trying to make here is the likes of bluebyrd don't seem to understand is any legislated gun control for any type of guns is going to have very little effect.
Disagree here

Criminals and the mentally insane have very little regard of obeying laws
totally agree

and actually when you outlaw guns you are at risk of even creating more criminals.
disagree

The States has more death by guns than any other 1st world nation. Why is that? They have access. Accidental death by gun is larger than any other 1st world nation. I don't want lunes running around with guns. Texas...everyone has a gun. They have the death penalty. So by your argument they have the lowest crime rate because those mothers are tough on crime and those big Texan he men protect their women folk. But that isn't true.

And your average American is not at the same level of intelligence as your average Canadian. Take Toyota for an example Quite willing to set up a plant in the southern states. Did the research and nope, located in Kitchener/Cambridge Ontario. Why, they couldn't even train them with pictorials. Bright huh? The don't even value their own people enough to ensure they have an education.

WHY, why do you want us to follow them? They are in a very, very bad way. No wonder they have violent crime. People take what they have no opportunity to earn. Do you truly want Canada to be like them?

I don't :canada:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Disagree here

totally agree

disagree

The States has more death by guns than any other 1st world nation. Why is that? They have access. Accidental death by gun is larger than any other 1st world nation. I don't want lunes running around with guns. Texas...everyone has a gun. They have the death penalty. So by your argument they have the lowest crime rate because those mothers are tough on crime and those big Texan he men protect their women folk. But that isn't true.

And your average American is not at the same level of intelligence as your average Canadian. Take Toyota for an example Quite willing to set up a plant in the southern states. Did the research and nope, located in Kitchener/Cambridge Ontario. Why, they couldn't even train them with pictorials. Bright huh? The don't even value their own people enough to ensure they have an education.

WHY, why do you want us to follow them? They are in a very, very bad way. No wonder they have violent crime. People take what they have no opportunity to earn. Do you truly want Canada to be like them?

I don't :canada:

Yeah, that's right....Americans are stupid.

They just tripped into becoming the most powerful nation that has ever existed on the face of the earth....

Right.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Aw but not by intellect, but by brute force of arms. Really great....NOT

Really??

That is why six out of the top ten universities on earth are in the USA.

That is why 338 Nobel Prizes have been awarded to Americans...........while the runner-up (Great Britain) has 118.

That is why the Americans created the first modern democracy.

Because they are idiots.

Uh-huh.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Obama plans to override the constitution...I guess there was an element of truth to the Ted nugent style rants about Obama.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Obama plans to override the constitution...I guess there was an element of truth to the Ted nugent style rants about Obama.

Now, I gotta say, VP Biden is a complete moron, and this is all on his say-so.

But yeah, that is what Biden is saying.

Now, he is not saying what the EO would be....but one would guess at the very least a rebirth of the assault weapons ban.......

With three million AR 15s, and tens if not hundreds of millions of other semi-autos out there, seems ridiculous to pee on the constitution for such a useless, ridiculous, futile law...