Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I have a feeling that the US is in for many more, pete. There are a lot of Americans who feel totally disenfranchised whether that is true or not, they don't appear ready to accept Biden's election. After watching the shit-show that took place in cities across the US that the liberal media termed as 'peaceful protests' while videos showed fires burning in the background, businesses being looted, police stations under siege, I imagine that more than a few of the rioters on the streets of Washington tonight felt they had just as much right to destroy property and flaunt the law.
I am truly saddened that you've decided to enjoy the chorus of false equivalence.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The only two way that exist are impeachment (and we saw how that went) and the XXV Amendment. They're talking about that seriously now, not just Democratic bitching. The Amendment requires the Vice-President and a majority of the Cabinet officers to certify that Trump is unable to fulfill the duties.

That would make Pennies from Heaven (Vice-President Pence) acting President until 20 Jan.

He might issue Trump a blanket pardon, but I wouldn't be too upset about that. The President can't pardon state crimes, and New York is champing at the bit to get at Trump.
Yada yada yada . Cream your jeans .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Just turned on the news, Tec and was absolutely gobsmacked to see that rioters actually got into the Capitol building while Congress was sitting. Unfrickin' believable. "It made America look like a banana republic" - that's a quote from a CTV pundit............and you know, Tec. He's got a point.

Is there nothing in the Constitution that Congress could use to remove trump from power?
Almost like it was set up to let them in.

Rosebud

Nominee Member
Feb 6, 2012
I recall the OJ Simpson trial of the yonder days. The news filmed the trial, and I recall Mark Furman was on the witness stand. He was one of the
cops in the investigation(maybe the investigator in charge). OJ counsel was trying to route out evidence of prejudice out of Furman, so that the introduction of tampering could be a possibility. He admitted that it he was he used the word in the office to use the "N" word. The case was summilarly thrown out because of the possibility of racial bias in the investigation. Among the cheers ,we then recall OJ trying to put on the glove.

The irony comes when the film crew, decided to go over to a black barber shop to pick up the rejoicing. It was a well know gathering spot for blacks. First names and buddy greetings abounded and it was evident everyone knew each other. Congrdulations went all around. What struck me was that even in casual context, and without a split second to measure words, they called each other the welcome word........"N". Not even an uncomfortable flinch from anyone, but "Right on!!!.

So it would seem that if I have a dormant Afro gene in my genome, which is a possibility, since England was ocupied for 400 years by Roman soldiers, some legions being entirely Ethiopian, and none of them known for their celibacy, ........ does that leave me the right to use the N word?.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I recall the OJ Simpson trial of the yonder days. The news filmed the trial, and I recall Mark Furman was on the witness stand. He was one of the
cops in the investigation(maybe the investigator in charge). OJ counsel was trying to route out evidence of prejudice out of Furman, so that the introduction of tampering could be a possibility. He admitted that it he was he used the word in the office to use the "N" word. The case was summilarly thrown out because of the possibility of racial bias in the investigation. Among the cheers ,we then recall OJ trying to put on the glove.

The irony comes when the film crew, decided to go over to a black barber shop to pick up the rejoicing. It was a well know gathering spot for blacks. First names and buddy greetings abounded and it was evident everyone knew each other. Congrdulations went all around. What struck me was that even in casual context, and without a split second to measure words, they called each other the welcome word........"N". Not even an uncomfortable flinch from anyone, but "Right on!!!.

So it would seem that if I have a dormant Afro gene in my genome, which is a possibility, since England was ocupied for 400 years by Roman soldiers, some legions being entirely Ethiopian, and none of them known for their celibacy, ........ does that leave me the right to use the N word?.
Naturally...
:)
...as long as you are NOT in a street Nightie!

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Just turned on the news, Tec and was absolutely gobsmacked to see that rioters actually got into the Capitol building while Congress was sitting. Unfrickin' believable. "It made America look like a banana republic" - that's a quote from a CTV pundit............and you know, Tec. He's got a point.

Is there nothing in the Constitution that Congress could use to remove trump from power?
Trump will be leaving peacefully - it's progressive B.S. that he will refuse to leave.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I have a feeling that the US is in for many more, pete. There are a lot of Americans who feel totally disenfranchised whether that is true or not, they don't appear ready to accept Biden's election. After watching the shit-show that took place in cities across the US that the liberal media termed as 'peaceful protests' while videos showed fires burning in the background, businesses being looted, police stations under siege, I imagine that more than a few of the rioters on the streets of Washington tonight felt they had just as much right to destroy property and flaunt the law.
Likely some truth to that, as much as it pains me to say.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I do wonder what might happen if Congress does evoke the XXV Amendment, Tec. I can't see the multiple millions of trump supporters taking that sitting down. It's a catch-22. Leave him be for the next 14 days and see how much more damage is done or kick him to the curb and take your chances.

Not a good day for Capitol police either. A woman is dead. With the numbers that came one might think they would have been better prepared. That the rioters breached the Capitol building - not only breached but actually entered the Chamber? I'm still shaking my head in shock.
Looks like they were let in because they were antifah...as the facial recognition shows.

Reactions: petros

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015