Was WWII about what we were told it was about?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Two weeks ago I saw John Wayne playing Genghis Khan. I hit the menu button to make sure it wasn't on History channel.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I said 500 thousand. That's also the number that the Nazi's estimated they killed, along with another 500,000 or so Gypsies, gays, mongoloids, and the odd Christian. They think they killed a million or so people in their death camps, total.

You say Auschwitz could process 10,000 a day but it's far fetched to think they could round up, and process that many people every day. 6 million people is more people than what populates the Prairie provinces, it's as big as the GTA. I'm not saying that some days they didn't kill 10,000 people but I think that the 500,000 number is far more realistic, of course that doesn't take into account the ones that were not at death camps. They probably shot another half million or so Jews, that wouldn't surprise me.

I just think the logistics of transporting 6 million people to death camps and actually accomplishing killing them while having millions of troops on three continents and trying to sustain a huge war operation, is unrealistic. I think they would have if they could have but it's unlikely that they could have.

And look it up, most history books said about 500,000 Jews were slaughtered in the holocaust 30 years ago. The numbers were changed to show that it was impossible to know for sure but it could be between 500,000 and 2 million, and then that was upgraded to 500,000 - 6 million (maximum) and then after time went along the absolute maximum that was thought to be ridiculously high on completely unrealistic, became the spin number that they go with for effect now.

I just think that if people sit back and logically think of how difficult it would be, man power wise and logistically, they will come to understand that no matter how you look at it, 6 million people is a trumped up number that likely isn't anywhere near the truth.

You're an idiot.

Go away.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy, I hope you didn't blow a blood vessel. History is His Story. I do not hold the reverence for it that you do. To me it nothing but bragging rights after the fact - a bunch of primal chest beating. I'm glad I cut out the part about him having a Jewish American mother. I didn't want you to have an aneurism.

You misjudge me.... :)

I don't have a problem with revisionist history (holocaust deniers the exception....)......debate and the questioning of conventional wisdom is the only way to get close to the truth.

But to dislodge the accepted version requires much research, peer review, and logical analysis of the available facts.......not a bunch of cherry-picked quotes taken out of context by some guy who (by referring to Churchill's "Jewish" mother) has cast his own motives in doubt, and has no credentials.

Don't be insulted because I challenge the revisions harshly....it is the least you should expect.

I am not insulted that you raise the question....it is the original author I find "odious".

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This thread is revisionist history. Anyone who has studied Hitler's rise to power knows that he intended war from the outset. As for Churchill's part in bringing Britain into the war let us not forget that Churchill did not become Prime Minister until May of 1940, more than eight months after the war had started.

There really is no way to whitewash Adolf Hitler. He was one of the great criminals of all time and certainly of the 20th century. Also, if France and Britain had not entered the war against Germany they would have watched as it continued to swallow up nation after nation, culminating once again in the attack on the USSR, the nation that Hitler regarded as his prime target.

The result would have left Hitler in complete control of continental Europe with no nation other than the United States strong enough to oppose him. Given Hitler's plans for the complete extermination of "sub-human" races that would have led to a mass slaughter unequalled in human history.

As some have pointed out, Britain and France dealt with Germany much later than they should have; but the point is that they eventually did do something, and by so doing saved the world from almost indescribable horror.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This thread is revisionist history. Anyone who has studied Hitler's rise to power knows that he intended war from the outset. As for Churchill's part in bringing Britain into the war let us not forget that Churchill did not become Prime Minister until May of 1940, more than eight months after the war had started.

There really is no way to whitewash Adolf Hitler. He was one of the great criminals of all time and certainly of the 20th century. Also, if France and Britain had not entered the war against Germany they would have watched as it continued to swallow up nation after nation, culminating once again in the attack on the USSR, the nation that Hitler regarded as his prime target.

The result would have left Hitler in complete control of continental Europe with no nation other than the United States strong enough to oppose him. Given Hitler's plans for the complete extermination of "sub-human" races that would have led to a mass slaughter unequalled in human history.

As some have pointed out, Britain and France dealt with Germany much later than they should have; but the point is that they eventually did do something, and by so doing saved the world from almost indescribable horror.

Possibly things would have played out quite differently had Neville Chamberlain never been Prime Minister of England.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Possibly things would have played out quite differently had Neville Chamberlain never been Prime Minister of England.

True enough. Chamberlain's weakness was that he was a gentleman. This is normally an admirable trait, but when he negotiated with Hitler he fell into the trap that having given his word Hitler would actually keep it. As a result Hitler was able to acquire control of two nations (Austria and Czechoslovakia) without a fight, greatly increasing Germany's strength each time. Few people realize this, but more than a third of the armoured vehicles used in the 1940 blitzkrieg that destroyed the French army and crippled the BEF were Czech vehicles acquired when Czechoslovakia was taken over by Germany in March 1939. Germany would almost certainly have been easily defeated if the British and French had moved against it in 1938, but by 1939 it was a case of coming a bit too late to the party.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
True enough. Chamberlain's weakness was that he was a gentleman. This is normally an admirable trait, but when he negotiated with Hitler he fell into the trap that having given his word Hitler would actually keep it. As a result Hitler was able to acquire control of two nations (Austria and Czechoslovakia) without a fight, greatly increasing Germany's strength each time. Few people realize this, but more than a third of the armoured vehicles used in the 1940 blitzkrieg that destroyed the French army and crippled the BEF were Czech vehicles acquired when Czechoslovakia was taken over by Germany in March 1939. Germany would almost certainly have been easily defeated if the British and French had moved against it in 1938, but by 1939 it was a case of coming a bit too late to the party.

Yep, actually Hitler had been laying the plans for war since 1933!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This sort of nonsense on this forum would be greatly reduced if people did more fact checking. This is the internet. Looking up information is kinda the point.

When I read things like this the question of their veracity is the first thing that pops into my mind. It should be the first thing that pops into yours too. Simply Google the quotes in the OP. Can you find an independent source for them? Have they ever been quoted on a website not devoted to conspiracy theories?

The OP says he got this in an email. Are you people really that internet illiterate?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This sort of nonsense on this forum would be greatly reduced if people did more fact checking. This is the internet. Looking up information is kinda the point.

When I read things like this the question of their veracity is the first thing that pops into my mind. It should be the first thing that pops into yours too. Simply Google the quotes in the OP. Can you find an independent source for them? Have they ever been quoted on a website not devoted to conspiracy theories?

The OP says he got this in an email. Are you people really that internet illiterate?
Well, my dear, I posted it because I was not sure of the accuracy of the post and did not care enough about the subject to check it out. Sometimes I get tired of the constant rehashing of the same subjects and thought a little good old fashioned debate might be in order. And would you look at that, there are 55 posts, most of which are about the topic at hand.

But, honestly, I think the OP is about as believable as the official version, which I have very little trust in. Judging by the history of war and the way it has been written up in my life time, I have absolutely lost faith in history from the beginning of human occupation of this planet. In fact, I am on the verge of giving up faith in humanity all together, as the more I know about them, the less I think they are worthy of consideration. (tomorrow I may wake up on the other side of the bed and change my mind.)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The OP should go to the library and read some books on WW2. This thread is a failure of our education system.
Our education system is a failure. History is mostly lies and propaganda. We are training worker clones for the factory. The ruling class doesn't want them to be intelligent, they want them only to be literate enough to get the job done.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well, my dear, I posted it because I was not sure of the accuracy of the post and did not care enough about the subject to check it out. Sometimes I get tired of the constant rehashing of the same subjects and thought a little good old fashioned debate might be in order. And would you look at that, there are 55 posts, most of which are about the topic at hand.

But, honestly, I think the OP is about as believable as the official version, which I have very little trust in.

Except that the version in the OP is based entirely on lies. You can question popular history of the Second World War and have a good debate about it without the bull**** in your OP. You want people to question things, you should have put a little effort into questioning this yourself.

Judging by the history of war and the way it has been written up in my life time, I have absolutely lost faith in history from the beginning of human occupation of this planet. In fact, I am on the verge of giving up faith in humanity all together, as the more I know about them, the less I think they are worthy of consideration.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You gotta cut Cliff a little slack, he just needs a few weeks away from Nakusp, a lot of the information he gets over there comes by smoke signal. :lol: