Youths attack and beat teenager until senseless

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Jamal Julani, 17, lies in his bed in Hadassah Medical Center in Jerusalem but doesn’t remember anything that happened around midnight four days before. He knows that he was beaten up by a group of Jewish youths and that he lost consciousness.

Julani is a high school student from the Ras al-Amud neighborhood of Jerusalem. During the summer he works at a restaurant in Jerusalem.

“He went to visit a friend who worked in a nearby restaurant,” his father Subhe Julani told The Media Line. “He has never been in trouble with the police.”

The site of the attack was Zion Square in downtown Jerusalem. The area is known as a hangout for Jewish teens, particularly on Saturday evenings. Many drink alcohol and smoke water pipes. They’re bored and looking for action.

“The background to the event is still not clear,” Jerusalem police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld told The Media Line. “We do have security cameras in the area and we are examining the footage. We have opened a special investigation into the incident.”

Media reports say the Jewish teens began shouting racist slogans such as “Death to the Arabs” and attacking four Arab youths including Julani. Three of them managed to escape, but Julani was kicked and punched repeatedly even after he was lying on the ground. Jamal lost consciousness for more than 24 hours and it is still not clear if there has been brain damage. The first medics on the scene told The Media Line that Jamal was not breathing when they arrived.

So far, five Jewish youth between the ages of 13 and 19 have been arrested, one of whom is a girl. All of them deny any connection to the incident.

“My brother is a good boy and I am sure he was not involved,” the 18-year old brother of one of the 13-year old suspects told the newspaper Maariv. “One of the Arabs provoked them and said, ‘You’re a Jew. If you go into an Arab village they would sexually assault you.’ What were the Arabs doing in our area? What do they come here for except to start up with Jewish girls?” he asked.

The Israeli daily Ha’aretz reported that dozens of bystanders watched the attack and did not interfere.

“Where were the police? They are responsible for the safety of everyone in the city, Jews and Arabs,” Richard Isralowitz, a professor of social policy at Ben Gurion University, told The Media Line. “The citizens should also interfere but they are afraid for their safety.”

Isralowitz says there are growing numbers of Israeli youth who are not in school and not working. Many teenagers also drink alcohol, and despite the law which forbids selling alcohol to minors under 18, the law is often not enforced.

“Alcohol spins things in all directions,” he said. “Young vs. old; Arab vs. Jew; Sephardi (Jews from Arab countries) vs. Ashkenazi (Jews from Eastern European countries).”

There have been several similar incidents of attacks by groups of Jewish youth on Arab youth. Last year, Palestinian Husam Ravidi was stabled to death in a nightclub by several 17-year-old Jews. The Jewish youth were given eight year prison terms.

Police spokesman Rosenfeld said the police do not keep separate statistics for attacks by Jews on Arabs or Arabs on Jews, but said he did not remember any cases where Arab youth attacked Jewish youth. He said that Zion Square is known as a problematic area where many youth congregate.

Yitzhak Kadman, the director of the National Council for the Child in Israel, said it is more important to look at trends than at individual incidents. All trends point to a decrease in violence among youth, he told The Media Line. For example, there were 6,510 incidents of violence in Israeli schools in 2003, down to 3,785 in 2011. He said the percentage of high school students who said they had had more than five drinks in the past month was also down from 20 percent to 12 percent.

At the same time, he said, Israel continues to be a violent society. At soccer games, “Death to the Arabs” is frequently shouted. Earlier this year, hundreds of fans from the Beitar Jerusalem soccer team attacked Arab workers and patrons at a mall next to the soccer stadium.

“This seems to be either a hate crime or a racist crime,” Kadman said of the attack on Julani. “I have no doubt those children who used that kind of language heard it before. We live in a society that is relatively violent. There is violence on TV reality shows, computer games, and even the Knesset (the Israeli parliament). In some cases, these children were neglected and dropped out of school, but even the best kids are influenced by the environment.”

Kadman says there is a need for alternative frameworks for youth, especially during the summer. A few towns have opened their sports facilities or swimming pools at night, he said, and violence in these areas has been dramatically reduced.

“The cheapest and best way to stop violence is by prevention,” he said. “But we are stupid. We say that when there’s a problem we’ll deal with it. Well, there’s a problem.”[/I]

The Media Line

I'm sure boredom is part of the problem, but since the bored youths decided to attack Arabs, I'd say another part of the problem is that anti-Arab racism which is rampant among Israeli youths.

Video survey: Racism rampant among Israeli youth
Video survey: Racism rampant among Israeli youth | The Electronic Intifada

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
I am a jerk hater,no mater what sky pixie you worship,you have no right to attack or kill others in his name.

Allah Yaveh God Xenu,whatever you call him,you do not know what he want.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
This is about racism. In this case a group of young people attacked and beat senseless another young person because of their religion/race.

I noticed the lack of condemnation (except from MapleDog). Can DS and TS explain their lack of condemnation. I notice many people have no trouble condemning Muslim acts of violence:
The religion of peace strikes again.

It is part of their culture you know. We as westerners must respect that.

So where istaxslave defending the terrorist actions?

Must be the Palestinian's fault

No matter how many warts Canada may have, I am so thankful that I live in a country where incidents like that aren't a normal occurrence!:shock:

You got that right. Can you imagine having to live with people like that
in our midst?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This is about racism. In this case a group of young people attacked and beat senseless another young person because of their religion/race.

I noticed the lack of condemnation (except from MapleDog). Can DS and TS explain their lack of condemnation. I notice many people have no trouble condemning Muslim acts of violence:

All violence should be condemed regardless who its against or by.

You hear about this sort of thing in big US cities sometimes. Usually a group of black kids swarming another kid for his iPhone or wallet. Of course, it is pollitically incorrect to name the race of the offenders but it happens fairly regularly.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I like how you're using a quote of mine from another thread. You trying to say something?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
All violence should be condemed regardless who its against or by.

You hear about this sort of thing in big US cities sometimes. Usually a group of black kids swarming another kid for his iPhone or wallet. Of course, it is pollitically incorrect to name the race of the offenders but it happens fairly regularly.
On that note....My nephew in the Canadian armed forces, was on peacekeeping mission in Palestine in the '90s...He and the other Canadian soldiers came upon a couple of young kids (boys and one girl 6 or 7yrs old) who looked hungry.
He and the other soldiers gave them their chocolate bars also some change they had in their pockets...
They hadn't gone 10 yrds that a group of older kids jumped the younger ones and beat the shyte out of them, and stole the chocolate and money...
He said that the worst thing about that was that their SOP prevented them from protecting those kids...........

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In the fifties Eaglesmack the peacekeepers did a pretty good job.
The Canadians in the Middle East didn't put up with a lot of crap.
Now of course the blue helmet is supposed to be all things to all
people. In order to keep the peace sometimes it requires slapping
a few heads around. Mustn't do that someones feelings will be hurt.
This is about some punks who beat up a kid in Israel. It happens
in Canada as well believe it or not.
In Kelowna a couple of months ago Elijah Harper's kid was beaten
on a downtown street for no reason. Now the victim was Native,
was he beaten because his race has an intense dislike of white kids?
What a load of crap, he was attacked by punks the same as this kid
in Israel.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Why is it OK to troll people who ignore your spam?

Neg repped, as per your own rules, and reported, because it is an ongoing form of trolling, insult, harassment and attack.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In the fifties Eaglesmack the peacekeepers did a pretty good job.
The Canadians in the Middle East didn't put up with a lot of crap.
Now of course the blue helmet is supposed to be all things to all
people. In order to keep the peace sometimes it requires slapping
a few heads around. Mustn't do that someones feelings will be hurt.
This is about some punks who beat up a kid in Israel. It happens
in Canada as well believe it or not.
In Kelowna a couple of months ago Elijah Harper's kid was beaten
on a downtown street for no reason. Now the victim was Native,
was he beaten because his race has an intense dislike of white kids?
What a load of crap, he was attacked by punks the same as this kid
in Israel.

Are you certain?

According to what I read, the angry mob which beat this teenager senseless was shouting "Death to Arabs" at the time. One of the suspects, only 15 years old, standing outside court said, “...he can die as far as I am concerned. There were 40 or 50 kids there and they were all beating him. I was involved. If I catch him I’ll beat him. He’s an Arab.”...
Youths held for attack on Palestinians - The Irish Times - Tue, Aug 21, 2012

Other recent incidents

Last week near the same location, a taxi carrying 6 Palestinians was attacked with a Molotov cocktail, causing it to flip over, injury the passengers. The assailants would have known the victims were Palestinians since the attack took place during the day and the vehicle was yellow with green license plates, characteristic of Palestinian taxis. No arrests or suspects.

On 19 March 2012, hundreds of Israeli youths, many fans of the Beitar Jerusalem football club, rampaged through Malha Mall in Jerusalem, physically attacking Arab workers and chanting racist slogans including "death to the Arabs" and "Arabs are sons of *****s."

In the last two years about a dozen Mosques have been firebombed in Jerusalem and the West Bank.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

(Just copied and pasted from the other thread)

Try to make your point without dragging other members into your agenda. You could have easily made your point(in this thread and the other one I will be posting in after this one) without that little "dig". So please, don't do it again.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I like how you're using a quote of mine from another thread. You trying to say something?
yes.. but it wasn't about you personally.. That's why I quoted a group. I wanted a variety of opinions.
No worries, I was talking about eao on how he quotes from other threads in an attempt to "prove" his point.
Yes it was my intention to make a point.
(Just copied and pasted from the other thread)

Try to make your point without dragging other members into your agenda. You could have easily made your point(in this thread and the other one I will be posting in after this one) without that little "dig". So please, don't do it again.

I noticed the lack of condemnation (except from MapleDog). Can DS and TS explain their lack of condemnation. I notice many people have no trouble condemning Muslim acts of violence.

I apologize SS. I believe I violated this rule:

Basic common sense rule: Act civilized. If a disagreement arises, we will be the sole judge of what constitutes being a civilised person or a headache to the forum staff.

I apologize to all those affected by my attempt to drag people into a thread in which they might have no interest...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
yes.. but it wasn't about you personally.. That's why I quoted a group. I wanted a variety of opinions.

Yes it was my intention to make a point.

I noticed the lack of condemnation (except from MapleDog). Can DS and TS explain their lack of condemnation. I notice many people have no trouble condemning Muslim acts of violence.

I apologize SS. I believe I violated this rule:

Basic common sense rule: Act civilized. If a disagreement arises, we will be the sole judge of what constitutes being a civilised person or a headache to the forum staff.

I apologize to all those affected by my attempt to drag people into a thread in which they might have no interest...
You missed one...

When you apologize there, maybe some people will believe your apology to be genuine.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Does this **** work?

Can't hurt to try it... psshhhhht..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Does this **** work?

Can't hurt to try it... psshhhhht..
Nope, you're still here.

I see you failed to apologize for what the Mods (And yourself I might add) see as trolling, in that other thread.

Looks like another empty apology from a dishonest troll.