Would you fly in a 737 Max 8 right now?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It,s a tiny problem, I,m sure Boeing will correct, before they run out of customers. Flight tests with real passengers is the way to go, obviously.
They'll just certify themselves, like they did the last time around. The FAA doesn't have a budget to do that sort of thing, anymore. Besides, the private sector is so good at self-regulation and why not? What do they have to lose?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Personally, I don't fly at all anymore. If I can't get there by car/truck or boat, I don't need to go that badly. Years of watching Mayday have convinced me that under the best conditions in a fully functional plane with a certified crew things can still go wrong the most terrifying of which being when one of the certified crew members decides to commit suicide. Thus, my answer to the topic question is a decided NO.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Personally, I don't fly at all anymore. If I can't get there by car/truck or boat, I don't need to go that badly. Years of watching Mayday have convinced me that under the best conditions in a fully functional plane with a certified crew things can still go wrong the most terrifying of which being when one of the certified crew members decides to commit suicide. Thus, my answer to the topic question is a decided NO.
Better stay off the highways too because there are self driving cars out there. Also people with forged licenses that dont speak English.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm creeped out by that Imp crawling along on the wing, ripping up pieces of the airplane's skin every time I fly.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't been the same since a 1988 flight into a thunderstorm in Edmonton. I thought we were going down, and the way the pilot apologized after landing I'm convinced he thought so too. The person who picked us up said the weather was similar to the conditions of the Edmonton tornado. Rain bounced a a few feet off the tarmac. I flew back, but didn't fly for years. My next was in 1998 and I took massive amounts of drugs to get on. It was a charter flight, and the Captain allowed passengers to visit the cockpit, which I did, but I couldn't help but think how crazy that was.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Better stay off the highways too because there are self driving cars out there. Also people with forged licenses that dont speak English.

Not too worry, ts..........where I live traffic is not a problem. When I do get to town, I park and walk especially in the summer when all the tourists flood the roads.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I haven't been the same since a 1988 flight into a thunderstorm in Edmonton. I thought we were going down, and the way the pilot apologized after landing I'm convinced he thought so too. The person who picked us up said the weather was similar to the conditions of the Edmonton tornado. Rain bounced a a few feet off the tarmac. I flew back, but didn't fly for years. My next was in 1998 and I took massive amounts of drugs to get on. It was a charter flight, and the Captain allowed passengers to visit the cockpit, which I did, but I couldn't help but think how crazy that was.
That's about the same year a ScareCanada flight I was on ended up in the weeds after an aborted take off at YVR.

I haven't flown ScareCanada since.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That's about the same year a ScareCanada flight I was on ended up in the weeds after an aborted take off at YVR.

I haven't flown ScareCanada since.
Yikes. They didn't offer any free flights?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I had occasion once to take a flight from Toronto airport to Sarnia in a DC3...
Good safe airplane that could land in any field......but noisy on take off.....you couldn't talk to the passenger besides you until it leveled off
Only had time for one drink on that flight.....

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I had occasion once to take a flight from Toronto airport to Sarnia in a DC3...
Good safe airplane that could land in any field......but noisy on take off.....you couldn't talk to the passenger besides you until it leveled off
Only had time for one drink on that flight.....
Flying tanks ...