Would you fly in a 737 Max 8 right now?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Revelations that these particular aircraft did not have certain expensive options

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why not a commercial bi-plane and if all 10 engines fail you can still glide ti a smooth landing. Luggage in the wings, if it explodes it is a small hole, The tube could have 'upper' and 'lower' class, Hookers and drugs on the upper one and the lower one is parachute landing only, you can look for your luggage, lol, so really, leave it at home.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Apparently, Boeing has an easy computer routine in it's fly-by-wire software for to get pilots out of the the lock-outs that happened to the Indonesian and Ethiopian crews. It's an optional upcharge, though and the airlines didn't buy the higher trim package.

"Oh you want the planes that don't CRASH? That's the Limited SE TITANIUM Package!"

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
These aircraft had no angle of attack indicator or angle of attack disagree light.

They are added extras for some reason.

Boeing said it will now include the light in all packages.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
These aircraft had no angle of attack indicator or angle of attack disagree light.
They are added extras for some reason.
Boeing said it will now include the light in all packages.
The Lion Air pilots couldn't find a way out in the Manual. Maybe, it's on a DVD and nobody on board had a lap top with a disc drive in it, anymore. The "Cutting Edge 737 ..."

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
There is also a report that the pilot did not have simulator time.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There is also a report that the pilot did not have simulator time.
The very first thing that Boeing did was blame the pilots of both crashes for their inexperience. No interest in proper investigation ... or perhaps they knew there were problems moving pilots up to the newer version of the old bird, already. Either way, it's a pretty sad approach to multiple Boeings falling out if the sky.

The FBI has as opened an investigation.

Expect a bizarre "witch hunt" Tweet at four in the morning from uno-hoo about his Boeing buddies, too.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.
I find it difficult to understand how Boeing has come to this conclusion exonerating themselves before any investigation has even begun. It sounds like some sort of information plant by them to try to salvage their sorry asses from collapsing stock values.

Let let the investigators make the conclusions, not some marketing slag trolling for Boeing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
There's a good video on youtube of a guy in a 737 max simulator. He created the condition of the system doing this then he just off the autopilot and corrected it. He commented that if a pilot is in a fight with the automation just shut it off and fly manually.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I find it difficult to understand how Boeing has come to this conclusion exonerating themselves before any investigation has even begun. It sounds like some sort of information plant by them to try to salvage their sorry asses from collapsing stock values.

Let let the investigators make the conclusions, not some marketing slag trolling for Boeing.
it could have something to do with trying to save their asses.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Should someone with a Class 5 drivers license who has only driven a Smart Car be allowed to jump behind the wheel of 5t U-Haul without sitting through simulations?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I understand, being a farm labourer, you find the challenge of driving a vehicle akin to flying a plane. I can assure you, the rest of us don’t find it too difficult