Women's Protest March

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I find a woman protest very sexist. Not sure how fighting sexism with opposing sexism is going to help stop sexism.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
These women have full justification to protest. The manner is which their gender has been verbally abused, mocked, degraded and the clear prospect of their rights being questioned by a bunch of old white men is cause for mass women protest. Look at the people Trump is surrounding himself with!! Women should protest and continue to protest, the world has been watching this election and wondering what the h#lll was wrong with American woman. If Trudeau should ever speak of women in such a condescending, disgusting manner, Canadian women would have been protesting from the day of the bragging of 'grabbing of pu#sy' in a bus. Yikes!! Go women Go!!

I as much as anyone disagree with Trump's use of the vernacular to and among mixed company, regardless of the context. However I am far from convinced that he actually means to harm women. I'm much more concerned about things like work ethic and the ability to evaluate situations (that are not connected to etiquette)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
But then again what do I know right? :laughing3:

I as much as anyone disagree with Trump's use of the vernacular to and among mixed company, regardless of the context. However I am far from convinced that he actually means to harm women. I'm much more concerned about things like work ethic and the ability to evaluate situations (that are not connected to etiquette)

He has no intention of harming them. They are just sour losers

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Love it,
I hope to go to one of these rallies with my daughter some day,
I guess there is no space to March as I heard earlier today,there is so many people out to March there is no space on the marginal designation routes
Will catch up later what's up with the March
All in good fun and freedom to experience

Do you like ***** power or more so admire ***** power
Please tell me in your fancy tractor

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
More on the protest.

https://www.democracynow.org/

Truly astonishing and yet not surprising....Trump goes to the CIA and instead of building bridges post his horrific comments about them..his main concrern was the crowd size ..... the comparison crowd between his so called inauguration and the massive protest today.

More power to the protests...as they are not only women..they represent almost every group. The other astonishing thing is what the press secretary had to say about the same issue ..crowd size. WHAT THE F...??? Is THAT all that is in Trumps pea brain... the protracted my P is bigger than yhour P...... thinking that the Lully is known for. He cannot he has some serious psych issues.... and is so easily threatened that he over reacts and acts inappropriately.

Suspect that this is just the beginning of the same Trump "style"... and it is not an example of true leadership.

If his conduct and words do not raise an alarm .....then folks are not paying attention.

Massive world protests against the the US leader. As it should be......given that the US leader has tentacles in all parts of the planet.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It is so easy to dismiss the concerns of millions of women by trying to divert attention to some billionaire. That is complete BS. The argument is real, the concerns are real and the people are real. You, on the other hand, pull your head out of you bible so rarely that I'm surprised you even have an opinion. You probably got it from FOX or some other right wing media. You choose, like all the other Trumpsters on here, tp ignore what Trump actually said during the campaign or the people he chose to run the US into the ground for his billionaire friends. All you Trumpsters need to wake up from the stupor of breathing your own excrement.
500,000 is not millions. They do not outnumber the supporters that were there the day before. Losers in spite of their numbers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It is so easy to dismiss the concerns of millions of women by trying to divert attention to some billionaire. That is complete BS. The argument is real, the concerns are real and the people are real. You, on the other hand, pull your head out of you bible so rarely that I'm surprised you even have an opinion. You probably got it from FOX or some other right wing media. You choose, like all the other Trumpsters on here, tp ignore what Trump actually said during the campaign or the people he chose to run the US into the ground for his billionaire friends. All you Trumpsters need to wake up from the stupor of breathing your own excrement.

I hear you Cliffy, but I think we have to keep things within the proper context. Trump ran for President not Pope! Presidents have faults, but Trump also has very important qualifications, like work ethic and his ability to improve life for his underlings. If you want some dainty f**ker, you vote for someone like Trudeau.

Heard on the news earlier today that some of the 1/2 million crowd in Washington were actually Trump supporters who pointed out that more women voted for Trump than for Hillary. Perhaps that message is more important than any other.

Had a real breath of fresh air the last couple of days, worked with a recently hired new member of our crew who served in the navy and army, did two tours in Afghanistan, now retired. Watching the protests last night on the TV, she, yes SHE, exclaimed, "What a bunch of fukk!n idiots, professional protesters, need to get a hobby, and a clue!!!" Priceless.

Yeah, I would also add that the country is in pretty good shape when the worst thing to complain about is some naughty language!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Canadian s have aright to gather,it is our Constitutional right
This is what excites me,today alone I heard the word Constitutional referenced to a couple of times,music to my stupid ears!
Maybe it's my turn?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I've been watching some of the protest speakers.
I agree with their right to protest; they are peaceful about it. Can't say though that I agree with some of the issues. Most of them, actually I disagree with.
It made me think that in a democratic and free country it is impossible to unite the country when people have attitudes like the protesters.

Suppose you asked them what they want. They tell you. Then you tell them you understand BUT there's a whole other group of people who DON'T want that and they have rights equal to yours. So what would you suggest is a fair compromise?

Do you think any of them would have an answer?

I think when differences of opinion reach a boiling point as they appear to have done across the U.S. the only rule to apply is 'He who pays the piper calls the tune". The taxpayers pay the piper. So wouldn't it be fair to put it to the voters and let majority rule? What other way is there?

I think protesters should get together a delegation to voice their concerns to the proper authorities, demand a meeting/hearing and air their complaints face to face with Trump or whomever is qualified to speak for him. Trump said, 'All people will be heard' so let them be heard. But make it clear to them that they are not the only ones who have demands and ask what they suggest would be fair to all.

There is a group who thinks rights and leniency has gone too far and want it stopped. There is another group who thinks that what they want is right and they are entitled. Who's qualified to say what's right? Every time you give more rights to this group you take away a right from another group. There's the problem.

The concerns I heard the protesters speaking about were issues that are already covered by law or by the Constitution. Some things they are demanding seem to be issues that government shouldn't likely be legislating.

Your thoughts?
In a way Trump is "unifying" many of the population..... AGILENT him. It is not surprising. From what I understand.. these massive numbers are out for several reasons: fear of losing some basic rights. Like PRO choice. That should not even be an issue but it still is. People who are against abortion don't have to have one.but they have NO right to tell others what to do about this.It is a very personal.

there were other motives for this.\ mass protest. Perhaps if trump had tried to be a bit more tactful and less caustic in his comments he would not be dealing with as much blow back.

The concerns of the protectorates are valid. Perhaps some of the speakers are not as eloquent in making their points clear.

There is a lot of concern about how Trump will affect freedom of speak and freedom of the press. He does not appreciate and is threatened by both. It is as if only HE has the rights.... The FACT is that Trump acts like he is deranged....... and we will see more of this.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
500,000 is not millions. They do not outnumber the supporters that were there the day before. Losers in spite of their numbers.
Millions all over the States and the world.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
As if the women need a motive...... remember what Prez crotch grabber said about using his fame to do whatever he wanted to women. Lets not forget he has pending lawsuits from women who have been molested by this bloke. there is no way this chap fits the image or the status of C I C...... except to the under-educated, , and unsophisticated who seem to appreciate his conduct . But then they probably would support lynching .even in this day and age.

Has Trump not made the most ugly remarks about certain women..particularly those that are strong and don't take his crap?? Yes.foks..that chap has a problem....he has some big problems and to come unhinged each time his ego is not flattered to his satisfaction... the US ofA has a huge problem.....& is only day one.

All he has to do is release a press statement that he is very aware of the protests and is interested and cares about their concerns. And all he cares about is crowd size. as it applies to his ego.

Heck.the world is protesting him and with good cause and concern.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
right, you are defending bill clinton the rapist and hilary the enabler, and defender of rapists:
shame on you

you insulted the size of my balls a while back remember that, BECAUSE its all you have to say being WRONG and all, and you can't actually discuss the facts like an adult?
well you know what?
:)
you are a total braindead dickwad son
memes are no substitute for thoughts of your own