Transgender Bathroom Rights?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've just got a thought that I'm wondering if it's occurred to anyone else in the system. Build two bathroom or four or twenty (any number divisible by two and put a sign on the door (which can be locked) saying "bathroom". A person (male, female, etc.) simply finds a vacant one goes in and locks the door and does their business.

Caitlyn Jenner Says Trump's Blow To Transgender Rights Is A 'Disaster' | The Huffington Post

I think everyone should do some critical thinking about this issue.
Exactly what is it that transgenders feel uncomfortable with in using a washroom to match their genitals? 'Feeling like the opposite sex' and 'wishing you were the opposite sex' doesn't give you special rights, does It?

The one issue I can see might lie with the so called "normal people" and not the subjects of gender identification. I know myself, especially during winter weather when everyone is bundled up you encounter people several times a day that you are unsure of their gender perhaps to the point where they get the evil eye when they enter a washroom!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I've just got a thought that I'm wondering if it's occurred to anyone else in the system. Build two bathroom or four or twenty (any number divisible by two and put a sign on the door (which can be locked) saying "bathroom". A person (male, female, etc.) simply finds a vacant one goes in and locks the door and does their business.

The one issue I can see might lie with the so called "normal people" and not the subjects of gender identification. I know myself, especially during winter weather when everyone is bundled up you encounter people several times a day that you are unsure of their gender perhaps to the point where they get the evil eye when they enter a washroom!
You'd be aware when that big one eyed boner shows its ugly head

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Both men and women use the same bathroom in private homes whether they are family or guests. They can go in there and close the door. Bingo! instant privacy!
The solution could be easily solved if both men and women washroom had enclosed stalls like the ladies room. I don't think many would object to that.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It became an issue when transgender individuals made their demands to be allowed to use the washroom of their choice. All hell broke loose because there are those who figure they have nefarious intentions and their "little" ones might get molested or something. While highly unlikely, the whole thing it hard to get your head around; I know it was and still is to some extent for me. In time, things will calm down. Changes are already taken place where there is a Men's and woman's washroom and then just a "washroom" - no gender assigned.

JMHO

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's a non-story everywhere except with the "Christian" haters south of Mason-Dixon.

It's gotta be tough, going through life constantly afraid. I know I mock them alot but part of me feels sorry for them

It became an issue when transgender individuals made their demands to be allowed to use the washroom of their choice.

No. It became an issue when women were being dragged out of washrooms when people thought they were males. What you mean is that it became an issue for you. Selfish people often think problems aren't really problems just because they aren't personally affected

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It's gotta be tough, going through life constantly afraid. I know I mock them alot but part of me feels sorry for them

No. It became an issue when women were being dragged out of washrooms when people thought they were males. What you mean is that it became an issue for you. Selfish people often think problems aren't really problems just because they aren't personally affected

Precisely - and how my comment all of a sudden became personal because I am purported to be "selfish" and "my" issue is beyond me. I simply stated a fact, which, BTW you support. So what's your problem?

Dix

Precisely - and how my comment all of a sudden became personal because I am purported to be "selfish" and "my" issue is beyond me. I simply stated a fact, which, BTW you support. So what's your problem?

Dix
PS - I was specifically addressing the "bathroom" issue; the transgender issue is what I am struggling with as are many, many other individuals. If that makes me "selfish" guess that's your interpretation. For me, it's a learning process, not unlike the learning process I went through when it came to gay rights. Once I understood, then I was fine. I'm sure it'll be the same for the LGBTQ as well. I am currently trying to understand their issues and if that's selfish, then I suppose you're right. But I can live with that.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Caitlyn Jenner Says Trump's Blow To Transgender Rights Is A 'Disaster' | The Huffington Post

I think everyone should do some critical thinking about this issue.
Exactly what is it that transgenders feel uncomfortable with in using a washroom to match their genitals? 'Feeling like the opposite sex' and 'wishing you were the opposite sex' doesn't give you special rights, does It?

The main and hopefully the only reason for using a pubic washroom is to relieve yourself. Now if a transgender person has male genitals and goes into the men's washroom and pees, then washed his hands and leaves, where does the problem lie? Are we to believe that males question their fellow males in the washroom as to whether they are really men?
It's just hard to believe that any person can't just go into the washroom, pee and get the hell out without feeling 'uncomfortable'.

I don't see how transgenders with female genitals could feel uncomfortable using the ladies room, either. Ladies rooms have stalls. Who's going to peek under the door to watch you pee?

I wish I could understand where these people are coming from with their demands. I can't see as they have any reason to complain if they are using washrooms as washrooms were meant to be used.

I don't understand why the public should all have to bow down and comply with the wishes of these few people. Nobody wants somebody with a male ***** using the same washroom as their little girl or teenage daughter. And who would want their daughter squatting to pee in a line of men using urinals?

The whole issue has me baffled.

So, you think someone who looks, to all outward appearances, as a man, should be free to use a women's washroom.

Makes sense to me.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Solution is a transgender bathroom. My little girl is not sharing a bathroom with grown men who still has his pen#s intact. In a fantasy world she would be safe, but this is the real world.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
We need only three washrooms: Public men's washrooms, public women's washrooms, and private washrooms for single-person use. Bingo. If you don't fit into either of the first two categories, then use the third. In fact, since only one person could use the third at any given time, anyone could use that one.

If that's too costly, you can save money by having the handwashing sinks in a unisex public handwashing area. We can share the sinks for handwashing between the public men's and women's washroom.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Solution is a transgender bathroom. My little girl is not sharing a bathroom with grown men who still has his pen#s intact. In a fantasy world she would be safe, but this is the real world.

I would guess in the real world a men's washroom would be the safest place for a little girl, especially if there is no lock on the outside door.