Transgender Bathroom Rights?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
She very well might be, how would you know?
Remington follows his kid everywhere and demands a panty check of every woman entering the bathroom while his kid is in there. Wouldn't want any weirdos hanging around.

(He's not allowed at the mall anymore)

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Solution is a transgender bathroom. My little girl is not sharing a bathroom with grown men who still has his pen#s intact. In a fantasy world she would be safe, but this is the real world.

That is great in theory BUT - The cost of installing a separate bathroom for transgenders is formidable to a small business owner.
First the small community cafes with a mainly local clientele had to install separate smoking areas. Big cost! Then smoking was banned entirely so their expenditure was a waste of money.
Next they had to install accommodations for the handicapped. Another punch in the pocketbook.
Now they would have to install a third washroom, or a second one if they only have one unisex one now.

That doesn't seem fair somehow. The law doesn't rule according to people's feelings. When they do make laws it's sweeping laws that apply to businesses that don't need them and where they will never be used.
If one has a small business in a village where there are no transgenders they would still have to comply with the 'separate washroom' law. An unnecessary expense!

I think these things should be left up to the business owner, whether or not he wants to accommodate special groups of people, post a sign on the door and let those who demand special accommodations go elsewhere.
It's one of the 'regulations' on business that I think Trump should pay special attention to.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We need only three washrooms: Public men's washrooms, public women's washrooms, and private washrooms for single-person use. Bingo. If you don't fit into either of the first two categories, then use the third. In fact, since only one person could use the third at any given time, anyone could use that one.

If that's too costly, you can save money by having the handwashing sinks in a unisex public handwashing area. We can share the sinks for handwashing between the public men's and women's washroom.
You filthy fascist! What we need is 32 public washrooms in every establishment: one each for the 32 identified genders (34 next year), identified by the Intercollegiate Gender Studies Authority.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think these things should be left up to the business owner, whether or not he wants to accommodate special groups of people, post a sign on the door and let those who demand special accommodations go elsewhere.
It's one of the 'regulations' on business that I think Trump should pay special attention to.

So, similarly, a business owner should be able to post a sign that says 'no blacks allowed', or 'no dogs or Irish people'.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That is great in theory BUT - The cost of installing a separate bathroom for transgenders is formidable to a small business owner.
First the small community cafes with a mainly local clientele had to install separate smoking areas. Big cost! Then smoking was banned entirely so their expenditure was a waste of money.
Next they had to install accommodations for the handicapped. Another punch in the pocketbook.
Now they would have to install a third washroom, or a second one if they only have one unisex one now.

That doesn't seem fair somehow. The law doesn't rule according to people's feelings. When they do make laws it's sweeping laws that apply to businesses that don't need them and where they will never be used.
If one has a small business in a village where there are no transgenders they would still have to comply with the 'separate washroom' law. An unnecessary expense!

Nah, just one sign posted outside the entrance- "If you think you are going to have to use the washroom, don't not enter"!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I remember a story out of Williams Lake where an East Indian woman waited outside a men's bathroom for her two year old son to do his business. He was taking a long time so she asked someone to go check on him. They found the boy tied and gagged on a toilet, castrated.
A transgender person would have been badgered and bullied all their lives and I doubt any one of them would try to be as inconspicuous as possible in public places. White heterosexual males would be the ones to be wary of. But then, conservative bigots are wary of facts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I remember a story out of Williams Lake where an East Indian woman waited outside a men's bathroom for her two year old son to do his business. He was taking a long time so she asked someone to go check on him. They found the boy tied and gagged on a toilet, castrated.
A transgender person would have been badgered and bullied all their lives and I doubt any one of them would try to be as inconspicuous as possible in public places. White heterosexual males would be the ones to be wary of. But then, conservative bigots are wary of facts.

Sounds a bit like an urban myth there Cliffy. Not sure why the woman did not take her 2 year old into woman's washroom with her. Even back when I was a little kid (3 or 4) (when dinosaurs were roaming the earth) when I went for swim lessons I went to woman's change room. Very common today to see men with their young daughters in men's washroom. Same would be true for little boys with their mom.

And ultimately what does it matter who uses what bathroom? They should just make it common bathrooms.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That sounds like a story alright . If it came out of Williams Lake and was true it was probably an indigenous person perpetrating the crime . Sadly .

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

that would explain those guys who build log houses.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That sounds like a story alright . If it came out of Williams Lake and was true it was probably an indigenous person perpetrating the crime . Sadly .
No, it was redneck cowboys. It was on the morning radio news when I was on my way to work in Quesnel.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Do you have a link to that story Chief Wannabee?

Sounds a bit like an urban myth there Cliffy. Not sure why the woman did not take her 2 year old into woman's washroom with her. Even back when I was a little kid (3 or 4) (when dinosaurs were roaming the earth) when I went for swim lessons I went to woman's change room. Very common today to see men with their young daughters in men's washroom. Same would be true for little boys with their mom.

And ultimately what does it matter who uses what bathroom? They should just make it common bathrooms.

A mother letting her two year old... TWO YEAR OLD... alone into a public restroom. Yeah right.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
You filthy fascist! What we need is 32 public washrooms in every establishment: one each for the 32 identified genders (34 next year), identified by the Intercollegiate Gender Studies Authority.

What do you mean 'filthy?' I shower every morning even in the winter.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

And then you came down.