Transgender Bathroom Rights?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Seems like the problem here is men. They're why washrooms are segregated in the first place. You don't want girls going into male washrooms because you fear what men will do to them in there and you don't have want men in woman's washrooms because you fear what they'll do to the women in there. Ban men from washrooms. At least until we figured out what the hell is going on.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Seems like the problem here is men. They're why washrooms are segregated in the first place. You don't want girls going into male washrooms because you fear what men will do to them in there and you don't have want men in woman's washrooms because you fear what they'll do to the women in there. Ban men from washrooms. At least until we figured out what the hell is going on.

And what about cougars prowling for young flesh?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Solution is a transgender bathroom. My little girl is not sharing a bathroom with grown men who still has his pen#s intact. In a fantasy world she would be safe, but this is the real world.

and why would she not be safe?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I remember a story out of Williams Lake where an East Indian woman waited outside a men's bathroom for her two year old son to do his business. He was taking a long time so she asked someone to go check on him. They found the boy tied and gagged on a toilet, castrated.
A transgender person would have been badgered and bullied all their lives and I doubt any one of them would try to be as inconspicuous as possible in public places. White heterosexual males would be the ones to be wary of. But then, conservative bigots are wary of facts.

I would guess an account of something this serious shouldn't be hard to find if I googled "East Indian child castrated Williams Lake B.C."

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I would guess an account of something this serious shouldn't be hard to find if I googled "East Indian child castrated Williams Lake B.C."
Around 1976 - Cariboo Radio.

I could have sworn you said it yourself. My bad. My memory ain't what it used to be.
A boy from the suburbs trying to live in the bush without a clue. Ya, it wasn't easy and I had to work to by stuff like chainsaws, keep a vehicle running. I was working at Spartan Printing at the time. There isn't much in a print shop I haven't done. Also, newspaper, magazines, book publishing and graphic arts. Also designed and silk screened T-shirts for Barkerville when I was in the bush - no power or running water.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

A boy from the suburbs trying to live in the bush without a clue. Ya, it wasn't easy and I had to work to by stuff like chainsaws, keep a vehicle running. I was working at Spartan Printing at the time. There isn't much in a print shop I haven't done. Also, newspaper, magazines, book publishing and graphic arts. Also designed and silk screened T-shirts for Barkerville when I was in the bush - no power or running water.
Williams Lake is a rough town and East Indians were not as accepted in those days . I still find it a little much to believe .

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Why is this so complicated?

If you have a hot dog, use the Men's bathroom.

If you have a bun, use the Women's bathroom.

There!

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Why is this so complicated?

If you have a hot dog, use the Men's bathroom.

If you have a bun, use the Women's bathroom.

There!

If you have food, use a table at the cafeteria. I can't think of much that's more disgusting than a person munching down on his lunch while sitting in a stall.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I would guess an account of something this serious shouldn't be hard to find if I googled "East Indian child castrated Williams Lake B.C."[/QUOTE

The story of a child tied, gagged and castrated in a washroom was reported in Toronto, I believe around 1970. The child was older than two. No sane person would send a two year old into a washroom by himself.
I remember it because I was living in Toronto then, my son was 4 or 5 and the news story was brought to my attention by a co-worker.

the

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Go see a doctor

www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/mutilate.asp

No, it was redneck cowboys.

You do realize that you are every bit as disgusting as those that make up or tell fake stories about aboriginals, gays or other visible minorities. You should be ashamed of yourself though I know you aren't

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Williams Lake is a rough town and East Indians were not as accepted in those days . I still find it a little much to believe .

It wasn't too bad when I lived there for a year in '67-'68. Things could get a little rowdy at the Ranch or Lakeside on a Saturday night but I found it was O.K. if I just sat with my back to the wall. :)

"You do realize that you are every bit as disgusting as those that make up or tell fake stories about aboriginals, gays or other visible minorities. You should be ashamed of yourself though I know you aren't"

Hey, Cliffy, just tell Twit that you don't pay attention to twits who are more disgusting than you are!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Having shared non gendered washrooms, I can tell you there is nothing to worry about.

stalls for those who need to sit
urinals for the those that need to stand

Seems real simple

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That sounds like a story alright . If it came out of Williams Lake and was true it was probably an indigenous person perpetrating the crime . Sadly .

I for one, take offense at that remark- I am connected with many decent indigenous people, some by marriage, some by friendship. Actually I don't know very many that aren't decent.

That was a very interesting radio station. When I lived there in the 60s every day or maybe twice a day they would relay messages to people who didn't have a phone. Stuff like "Billy Charlieboy- the dentist says your teeth are ready to be picked up"!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC