This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Just saw this article today:

BBC News - Greenhouse gas levels rising at fastest rate since 1984

Note the call to action:

"We must reverse this trend by cutting emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases across the board," he said.
"We are running out of time."

... Been snowing in Calgary for 2 days now.... And here I thought that the ghgs would increase the ambient temps.

I heard that speech on NPR. Sounds very desperate. The UN can now control the temperature within two degrees providing we act now.

In other words... send $$$$$$$.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I heard that speech on NPR. Sounds very desperate. The UN can now control the temperature within two degrees providing we act now.

In other words... send $$$$$$$.

How many years have we been 'running out of time'?

Is there no point-of-no-return on this deal?

... Love the comment about the cash btw... 'How many bank transfers will it take to reverse global warming?'

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Where does the UN then send it to as I doubt they are the end of the line. (or is that a no, no as it classifies as being 'critical thinking' or as the 'patients' call it 'leaving no stone unturned'.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I've never heard the term 'critical' implied to mean 'far-fetched' before.

so you actually run the asylum then?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The North Pole is moving to the Great Lakes apparently. When the ice age starts the warm water from the GOM would not swing east and hit Europe. It should divert itself north rather than east and it would lose it's heat to the air and snow would fall, a lot of snow. If it fell on NA it would stay, if it fell on the oceans near Europe they would cool down but not get heavy snow until the GOM water was sent east again by the ice reaching all the way down to the floor of the ocean in the far north.
Before the ice got that deep what would the weather be like in NFLD, Greenland, Baffin Island? (if it got all the heat from the GOM)

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How many years have we been 'running out of time'?

Is there no point-of-no-return on this deal?

... Love the comment about the cash btw... 'How many bank transfers will it take to reverse global warming?'

We've been running out of time for years now and I have a hunch we will be running out of time perpetually. As long as there are billions of dollars in play the situation will be dire. Even if they get what they want they will always need more to stop the climate from changing. There is no point of return... we will always be on the edge of disaster requiring more and more cash to be turned into the UN and they will distribute it after taking their large cuts.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Where does the UN then send it to as I doubt they are the end of the line. (or is that a no, no as it classifies as being 'critical thinking' or as the 'patients' call it 'leaving no stone unturned'.

Management bonuses and advertising. You don't think the believers are getting the message out for free do you?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
This summer may see first ice-free North Pole

Right.

Arctic sea ice volume up 50% - Technology & Science - CBC News

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We've been running out of time for years now and I have a hunch we will be running out of time perpetually. As long as there are billions of dollars in play the situation will be dire. Even if they get what they want they will always need more to stop the climate from changing. There is no point of return... we will always be on the edge of disaster requiring more and more cash to be turned into the UN and they will distribute it after taking their large cuts.
And here I had my doubts that your brain was functioning. Now you have to admit the same game is played on people all the time and the changes are just window dressing.