Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Canadians

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Trump's firing of his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, imho, is FIRST mistake he's made in his campaign. Forget the venom against opponents or the Mexican judge thing and everthing else.. those didn't hurt his cause.

Apparently this was done at the behest of his children and son in law in response to poll numbers and anemic contributions to the campaign. But its way too soon to judge any of those things. What concerns me is it seems to have been done in an effort to repackage Trump as 'Presidential'.. essentially a neutered and muzzled Trump on a leash.

That is not what got him to this point. His campaign has been raw, spontaneous, sometimes savage. It's an identity that has resonated with the frustration and anger of a large sector of the electorate. Conforming Trump in some kind of politically correct straightjacket, acceptable to the Party Establishment, mainstream media and financial and trading cartels would cripple his campaign.

His kids, who seem nice.. a lot like rich kids i met in college and did NOT socialize with.. are not political pros. I'm especially unsure about his son in law, Jared Kushner, who comes from a classic NeoCon background of rich, orthodox Jewish, fanatically pro Israel and anti regulatory Wall Street and real estate money. He's close friends with Rupert Murdoch, the arch promoter of Neo-conservative values by way of Fox News. I view him as a neocon mole. The rest of kids seem like reliable sources for lists of vintage wines with which to stock your cellars, or rules of etiquette for 5th Avenue dinner parties.. but not political advice.

Trump should be surrounding himself with extraordinary and unconventional people, like Lewandowski, rather that his new campaign manager. Paul Manafort, who is very ordinary and conventional. He needs people who appreciate what an exceptional and singular a character he is. And that is not something that's genetically inherited.. look at our own twit of a PM.. it just happens.

I don't think it's possible for other anyone to define Trump, his original style will ultimately reassert itself, and finally he'll just cast off these 'image makers'. But he could have done without giving ammunition to the press, who are always going to be antagonistic to him, characterizing this as a sign of campaign in panic and disorder.

I hope he brings Lewandowski back in an advisory role. He was the only senior member of the staff smart and savvy enough to encourage Trump to be himself. That's the only path, and a sure path, to victory.

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

President Donald Trump is going to Eat Justin Trudeau's Lunch...

..like Putin is doing to Obama right now.. :lol:

B00m!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
LOL that's a Good one.. trolling Flossy about Trudeau.. yeah okay.

Honestly Trudeau has more class in his baby finger than Trump has in his hole body.

However Trump is a bully, and I think he's going to try and push around a lot of World Leaders.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Re: Clinton vs. Trump: This one's a no-brainer

The right wingers are confused and conflicted about the whole Trump thing.
I find myself feeling sorry for their confusion,which provokes within me a natural hysteria with a big size, none stop laughing.
Those right wingers are looking in the mirror when aligning themselves with Trump,this must be a difficult task to accomplish without doubt,shame and embarrassment

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Montini: Hillary leads Trump in Arizona ... wait ... what?!

According to an article in the Phoenix Business Journal a new poll shows Democrat Hillary Clinton leading Republican Donald Trump in a statewide poll of Arizona voters.

The Journal's Mike Sunnucks reports that Clinton leads Trump 46.5 percent to 42.2 percent in the Phoenix-based OH Predictive Insights poll of 1,060 voters.

This early in the game just about everyone argues that polls don't matter. Unless, of course, the polls show your candidate ahead. Then, apparently, they matter A LOT.

This particular poll is interesting because .... Arizona.

The two U.S. senators. The governor. The attorney general. The secretary of state. Just about every other major office holder in the state.

Along with the majority in the state House and Senate. Are Republican.

The fact that a poll would even hint at the possibility that a Democrat might beat a Republican in Arizona, in 2016, means something.

Even this early in the game

Montini: Hillary leads Trump in Arizona ... wait ... what?!

smallandmighty

Nominee Member
May 12, 2013
108 Mile Ranch BC
Re: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO

Donald Trump may not be the president yet, but his constant criticism of Ford outsourcing jobs to Mexico has caused the auto tycoon to bring the $2 billion plant back to the United States.

CNN Money reports that Ford is moving its facility, originally slated for Mexico, back to the United States, where it will employ 1,000 factory workers in struggling Youngstown, Ohio.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently said that if he’s elected he would take steps to make it more expensive for manufacturers to shift work to Mexico and then export the items back to the United States.

“How does that help us?” Trump said about the Ford investment in Mexico while campaigning in Michigan this week. “Mexico is becoming the new China.”

Ford has declined to comment, but many see this as a good sign, a welcome change after decades of outsourcing manufacturing plant overseas.

CNN added:

Ford’s heavy duty pickup trucks which used to be built in Mexico started rolling off an assembly line in Ohio this week.

That’s good news for the 1,000 Ford workers in Ohio, who might have otherwise been out of work.

It’s also good publicity for Ford (F), which has been under fire for investing so much in Mexico. In April, the automaker said it would invest $2.5 billion in transmission plants in the Mexican states of Chihuahua and Guanajuato, creating about 3,800 jobs there.

Ford’s south-of-the-border strategy has drawn heavy criticism from groups such as the United Auto Workers union and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump.

The Avon Lake, Ohio, plant produced its first batch of Ford’s full-size F-650 and F-750 pick up trucks… .

WATCH Trump on video about Ford:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hhIT2H-UKQ

source: TRUMP Has Pushed FORD to Return MEXICAN Plant to OHIO ⋆ Patriot Newswire

President Donald Trump is going to Eat Justin Trudeau's Lunch...

..like Putin is doing to Obama right now.. :lol:
that is awesome.