Roe v. Wade overturned?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Only the 1st draft but...

Not good for women's rights.

Not good for Susan Collins who's dumber than a stump.

And no, I am not "pro abortion", I am pro "it's not my goddamn business". I'd MUCH rather not see it at all, but understand that: a) not my business b) medical issues happen and sometimes choices have to be made, c) anyone raped or pregnant from incest should be able to choose whether they want to continue said pregnancies or not unless they are a child and then it should be an AUTOMATIC no d) it's not my goddamn business.

And spare the "saving the children" bullshit. Those kids don't matter once they're out of the womb unless and/or until they become another type of rally-cry for a new slate of fear mongering/right removal/ just plain being a shitty human.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Once more unto the breach, dear friend. . .

Section 1 of the Kansas Constitution Bill of Rights provides: "All men are possessed of equal and inalienable natural rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. "We are now asked: Is this declaration of rights more than an idealized aspiration? And, if so, do the substantive rights include a woman's right to make decisions about her body, including the decision whether to continue her pregnancy? We answer these questions, "Yes."

We conclude that, through the language in Section 1, the state's founders acknowledged that the people had rights that preexisted the formation of the Kansas government. There they listed several of these natural, inalienable rights—deliberately choosing language of the Declaration of Independence by a vote of 42 to 6.Included in that limited category is the right of personal autonomy, which includes the ability to control one's own body, to assert bodily integrity, and to exercise self-determination. This right allows a woman to make her own decisions regarding her body, health, family formation, and family life—decisions that can include whether to continue a pregnancy. Although not absolute, this right is fundamental. Accordingly, the State is prohibited from restricting this right unless it is doing so to further a compelling government interest and in a way that is narrowly tailored to that interest. And we thus join many other states' supreme courts that recognize a similar right under their particular constitutions.
Hodes & Nauser v. Schmidt, Supreme Court of Kansas 2019

Decided 6-1 by seven rock-ribbed, conservative Republicans. Just not the retarded clowns who pass for "conservative" these days.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Here is the actual draft in question

SCOTUS Initial Draft - DocumentCloud

So would this be considered domestic terrorism like J6?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Only the 1st draft but...

Not good for women's rights.

Not good for Susan Collins who's dumber than a stump.

And no, I am not "pro abortion", I am pro "it's not my goddamn business". I'd MUCH rather not see it at all, but understand that: a) not my business b) medical issues happen and sometimes choices have to be made, c) anyone raped or pregnant from incest should be able to choose whether they want to continue said pregnancies or not unless they are a child and then it should be an AUTOMATIC no d) it's not my goddamn business.

And spare the "saving the children" bullshit. Those kids don't matter once they're out of the womb unless and/or until they become another type of rally-cry for a new slate of fear mongering/right removal/ just plain being a shitty human.
I am not a fan of the judiciary deciding the constitution includes rights not specifically written in the document. That makes them legislators, not judges.

And that is exactly what Roe vs Wade did.

If you want abortion to be a right, start a movement to amend the constitution.

If it is not in the constitution, sole authority over abortion rights lie with the state legislature. This move will not legalize, or make illegal abortion in any state. It is up to the elected representatives.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Justices didnt take away shit. They simply returned the power to the states, where it always belonged.

Wish people would quit saying this is a landslide decision.. it’s not.. the Federal Government has no business telling the states what they can do..

I’m sure New York and California will have baby mill abortion clinics on every corner next to a weed dispensary..

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I am not a fan of the judiciary deciding the constitution includes rights not specifically written in the document. That makes them legislators, not judges.

And that is exactly what Roe vs Wade did.

If you want abortion to be a right, start a movement to amend the constitution.

If it is not in the constitution, sole authority over abortion rights lie with the state legislature. This move will not legalize, or make illegal abortion in any state. It is up to the elected representatives.

And all you have to do is look at what is being already done in some of those states to realize that it is against the life, liberty and justice for 'all'. And that all 'men' are created equal.

Reactions: taxslave

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
And all you have to do is look at what is being already done in some of those states to realize that it is against the life, liberty and justice for 'all'. And that all 'men' are created equal.
It should have been left up to the States initially which is why the ruling was wrong to begin with. However, abortion will never go away because the States will likely allow it, some maybe only before 15 weeks but others (aka CA) will allow up to and including the birth of the baby. I also heard that the Governor was considering making "abortions" kind of like a tourist promo - "get your abortion here and we'll pay for it". Nothing insane about that.

But what I don't understand is that (other than the cause of rape or incest), why women aren't using birth control considering it's cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it. I don't believe for one moment that the "oops" and that the "birth control didn't work" narratives have allowed for literally thousands of abortions. How is that even possible? Laziness?? No self control? Just askin......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But what I don't understand is that (other than the cause of rape or incest), why women aren't using birth control considering it's cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it. I don't believe for one moment that the "oops" and that the "birth control didn't work" narratives have allowed for literally thousands of abortions. How is that even possible? Laziness?? No self control? Just askin......
Good question.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It should have been left up to the States initially which is why the ruling was wrong to begin with. However, abortion will never go away because the States will likely allow it,

13 states are looking to prevent it in varying degrees of tyranny (yes, tyranny, because when you dictate if people can even LEAVE the state to get an abortion, or you can SUE because someone you MIGHT know got one, or sue the doctor for doing so, that is tyranny) and more will likely pass laws after.

some maybe only before 15 weeks but others (aka CA) will allow up to and including the birth of the baby.

AAnnndddd... suck on that right wing bullshit claim, suck it back now!

I also heard that the Governor was considering making "abortions" kind of like a tourist promo - "get your abortion here and we'll pay for it". Nothing insane about that.

You "heard" it; got proof?

Though to be honest if true it's smart; at least less women will likely die that way.

But what I don't understand is that (other than the cause of rape or incest),

or medical reasons that pop up during the pregnancy? Do they count?

why women aren't using birth control considering it's cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it.

Haven't been paying attention, have you? "cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it". Funny!

I don't believe for one moment that the "oops" and that the "birth control didn't work" narratives have allowed for literally thousands of abortions.

And that doesn't matter; what you "Believe" or not has no bearing what so ever on what a woman chooses to do with HER body.

How is that even possible? Laziness?? No self control? Just askin......

Why? You don't care even if told the truth. You're one of those "care for the fetus, not for the child" types. So what's it matter to you?