Roe v. Wade overturned?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
This is exactly how I feel about the abortion issue, despite some thinking otherwise. Not my words but my sentiment.

BTW, Dix, THIS is what OTHER things abortions help solve. It's not just a "easy" contraceptive and you really should stop buying into the right wing vomit bin of stupidity.

I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life-sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
❤️

Their lives.
❤️

Women's lives.
❤️

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted. It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
Overturning Roe does not stop abortions, it stops SAFE abortions!
Abortion is healthcare

Reactions: taxslave

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
One day, we'll accept that abortion is about utility not bodily autonomy. Just like vaccinations.

Unfortunately, we need to touch the stove first to realize it's hot.

• Sad

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
This is exactly how I feel about the abortion issue, despite some thinking otherwise. Not my words but my sentiment.

BTW, Dix, THIS is what OTHER things abortions help solve. It's not just a "easy" contraceptive and you really should stop buying into the right wing vomit bin of stupidity.

I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life-sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
❤️

Their lives.
❤️

Women's lives.
❤️

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted. It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
Overturning Roe does not stop abortions, it stops SAFE abortions!
Abortion is healthcare
Nobody here is saying including me an adoptee that if the mother's or baby's life is in danger not to terminate the pregnancy

Are you trying to say that if Roe v. Wade gets overturned there would be no legal way to get an abortion?

All the ruling does is hand the rights to an abortion back to the individual states and voters

Which state would make abortions totally illegal?

Last edited:
Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Nobody here is saying including me an adoptee that if the mother's or baby's life is in danger not to terminate the pregnancy

I haven't seen anyone suggest that is anti-abortion that in the cases of a mother's life at risk, other than you right now. Dix sure as hell hasn't said anything about those instances, unless I missed them (which is possible).

But I'm also talking laws in the states, not just people on this board.

Are you trying to say that if Roe v. Wade gets overturned there would be no legal way to get an abortion?

Have you been ignoring everything going on down south?

For some women, that's EXACTLY what the problem would be. Legal, AND safe.

All the ruling does is hand the rights to an abortion back to the individual states and voters

"All the ruling does".... no, that's not all it does.

Which state would make abortions totally illegal?

"The Republican governor of Arizona signed a 15-week abortion ban that has no exemptions.

“In Arizona, we know there is immeasurable value in every life – including preborn life,” Gov. Doug Ducey said. “I believe it is each state’s responsibility to protect them.”"

But it's not just "Total illegality"; depending on the states, the bans are so early that women won't even KNOW they're pregnant and some only have restrictions for medical reasons, meaning if a woman or child is raped/incest happens, she'd best suck it up.

Again, you don't like abortions, don't get one. But no one should be dictating to a woman what to do with her body.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I haven't seen anyone suggest that is anti-abortion that in the cases of a mother's life at risk, other than you right now. Dix sure as hell hasn't said anything about those instances, unless I missed them (which is possible).

"The Republican governor of Arizona signed a 15-week abortion ban that has no exemptions.

“In Arizona, we know there is immeasurable value in every life – including preborn life,” Gov. Doug Ducey said. “I believe it is each state’s responsibility to protect them.”"

But it's not just "Total illegality"; depending on the states, the bans are so early that women won't even KNOW they're pregnant and some only have restrictions for medical reasons, meaning if a woman or child is raped/incest happens, she'd best suck it up.

Again, you don't like abortions, don't get one. But no one should be dictating to a woman what to do with her body.
You sure liked mandatory vaccinations , bloody hypocrite .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Can you define woman ?

• Haha

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't like abortion? Don't have to.

Don't think it should be an option, don't get one.

What YOU don't get to do is tell OTHERS what they can and can't do in regards to their bodies.

That's where it should end.
Weird question(s), but why this topic as a hot button rearing it’s head now? This is a 30 year old decision, so why dig it out and threaten it today? Is this to deflect our attention from something else and if so what and why?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Maybe one day all human life will have the status of a person.

It wouldn't matter to abortions if it did or not.

Like I said, this is a decision of utility, not bodily autonomy or women's rights.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Weird question(s), but why this topic as a hot button rearing it’s head now? This is a 30 year old decision, so why dig it out and threaten it today? Is this to deflect our attention from something else and if so what and why?

It's not just rearing it's head now, it's been like this the entire fifty years.

And then, Trump happened, and the SCOTUS got it's Conservative Majority.

Which has also been in the works for fifty years.

It's a long game plan that the Republicans have been pushing for, for a long time.

It's not a deflect, but rather the end of that same long game plan.

Alito even said it in the draft - Roe v. Wade should NEVER have been law to begin with.

The problem is that how he words his draft decision, it lays out a possibility for OTHER things currently enshrined as law to be brought up and questioned, including same gender marriage, inter-racial marriage and so on. The protections of the 14th - which Roe was under - is suddenly not so protective. Are the fears legit? Depends on who you ask.

But "settled/precedent" is no longer a valid reason not to be afraid, considering the five judges who voted to do this also said this was 'settled/precedent' law.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It wouldn't matter to abortions if it did or not.

Like I said, this is a decision of utility, not bodily autonomy or women's rights.
It is the only reason. Nobody, not even the loudest woman has the Right to harm a Person. And there isn't and never was a Right to an abortion or control of the body.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
13 states are looking to prevent it in varying degrees of tyranny (yes, tyranny, because when you dictate if people can even LEAVE the state to get an abortion, or you can SUE because someone you MIGHT know got one, or sue the doctor for doing so, that is tyranny) and more will likely pass laws after.

AAnnndddd... suck on that right wing bullshit claim, suck it back now!

You "heard" it; got proof?

Though to be honest if true it's smart; at least less women will likely die that way.

or medical reasons that pop up during the pregnancy? Do they count?

Haven't been paying attention, have you? "cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it". Funny!

And that doesn't matter; what you "Believe" or not has no bearing what so ever on what a woman chooses to do with HER body.

Why? You don't care even if told the truth. You're one of those "care for the fetus, not for the child" types. So what's it matter to you?
Well, apparently, UNLIKE YOU, I'm not able to voice my opinion without ridicule! It appears you have control issues. ;)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
It's not just rearing it's head now, it's been like this the entire fifty years.

And then, Trump happened, and the SCOTUS got it's Conservative Majority.

Which has also been in the works for fifty years.

It's a long game plan that the Republicans have been pushing for, for a long time.

It's not a deflect, but rather the end of that same long game plan.

Alito even said it in the draft - Roe v. Wade should NEVER have been law to begin with.

The problem is that how he words his draft decision, it lays out a possibility for OTHER things currently enshrined as law to be brought up and questioned, including same gender marriage, inter-racial marriage and so on. The protections of the 14th - which Roe was under - is suddenly not so protective. Are the fears legit? Depends on who you ask.

But "settled/precedent" is no longer a valid reason not to be afraid, considering the five judges who voted to do this also said this was 'settled/precedent' law.
Well, if this passes as stated in this draft, abortions will still be available it simply means the States will decide instead of the Feds. The locals will decide how, what, & where in their particular State. Apparently, that's the only reason why Roe vs Wade would be over-turned - it's wasn't up to the Feds. Learn something new every day tho' right?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
13 states are looking to prevent it in varying degrees of tyranny (yes, tyranny, because when you dictate if people can even LEAVE the state to get an abortion, or you can SUE because someone you MIGHT know got one, or sue the doctor for doing so, that is tyranny) and more will likely pass laws after.

AAnnndddd... suck on that right wing bullshit claim, suck it back now!

You "heard" it; got proof?

Though to be honest if true it's smart; at least less women will likely die that way.

or medical reasons that pop up during the pregnancy? Do they count?

Haven't been paying attention, have you? "cheap and readily available and most insurance companies cover it". Funny!

And that doesn't matter; what you "Believe" or not has no bearing what so ever on what a woman chooses to do with HER body.

Why? You don't care even if told the truth. You're one of those "care for the fetus, not for the child" types. So what's it matter to you?
I care about babies maybe????