Pierre Poilievre’s callous courting of Canada’s ‘deplorables’ (left wing in full panic mode)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
He just has to counter the governments initiatives and suggest why they are wrong and give vague guidence on what he would do until an election is called. The opposition does not put forward policy. Length of time is irrelevant.

Despite what I've read elsewhere I am willing to give the man a chance.

A chance.

We'll see what tune he has now that he's leader, if it stays the same or shifts.

Regardless though, Trudeau needs to GTFO, but the other parties need someone electable.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Read the bold part. That is why you are a Trump Lover on the cultist level of scary. There was very little "good" that Trump did while in office. (I admit he did maybe do a HANDFUL, if that, of 'okay' things... but that's it.)

You assume I'm talking about the Lump o Lard as a civilian. I'm not.
Actually, he's likely one of the better Presidents in recent history. Biden on the other hand, is destroying the economy & the country in very short order. Something that they claimed that Trump would do - an obvious error in assumptions!! Gotta give the guy credit for doing what he said he was going to do!!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Despite what I've read elsewhere I am willing to give the man a chance.

A chance.

We'll see what tune he has now that he's leader, if it stays the same or shifts.

Regardless though, Trudeau needs to GTFO, but the other parties need someone electable.
Like always I will keep my ears open and make my choice on the walk over to the polling station.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Referring to someone as a 'cultist' because they think someone may have done some good while in office even tho they're detestable as a person is borderline derranged.

Trump actually did fairly well in office if you just look at what got done and get rid of the tweets and stupid comments. The economy drastically improved, investment was up. a number of trade deals were improved and for the first presidency in forever no wars were fought. If you had the stats and didn't know who they were for, you'd probably say 'this guy did a fairly good job'.

Calling someone a "trump lover on a cultist level' for acknowledging those simple facts is not the action of a rational person. Even if you think he did other things which offset that. Yeash.
Ya, I didn't like the tweets either but those were words on paper - not the violence that was "approved" by Biden & his ilk in the summer of 2020 where there was REAL DESTRUCTION!! Those were "peaceful" protests" LOL. Sigh... you can't make this stuff up!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Actually, he's likely one of the better Presidents in recent history.

Oh my god, and you DENY you're a Trump Cultist????

Biden on the other hand, is destroying the economy & the country in very short order.

He's not doing GREAT for the country or economy, but he's not destroying it... yet.

Something that they claimed that Trump would do - an obvious error in assumptions!!

Depends on who you are whether he did or not.

Gotta give the guy credit for doing what he said he was going to do!!

"Donald Trump, 2005: “I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.” [Vox / Libby Nelson]"

"“Then, I have an Article II, where I have to the right to do whatever I want as president,” he said. “But I don’t even talk about that.”"

"Trump has said he had a “standing order” as president that “documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.”" ("Former Trump White House officials -- including two chiefs of staff and a national security adviser -- have said they knew of no such standing order, and some said they would have opposed it if there were. Such an order would still require the president to inform those charged with protecting the information that it’s been declassified, and the documents would have had to be physically marked to reflect their new status.") https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-he-declassified-material-he-kept-quicktake

Yep, he sure does!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hear you. Pierre Poilievre has been elected as an MP in his riding 7 times so far, & Justin Trudeau elected as an MP in his riding 5 time somehow so far, and Jagmeet Singh has been elected in his riding 4 times so far…..

Even Elizabeth May after trying to parachute into several different ridings, she slotted into her current riding and has been elected MP there 4 times like Jagmeet.

They’re all electable to someone repeatedly. Of the four, I know whom I don’t want leading the country though.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ya, I didn't like the tweets either but those were words on paper - not the violence that was "approved" by Biden & his ilk in the summer of 2020 where there was REAL DESTRUCTION!! Those were "peaceful" protests" LOL. Sigh... you can't make this stuff up!!
Actually the tweets calling out the lying media taught Republicans a valuable lesson . Fight back do not capitulate to the press and let them set the agenda .

Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I hear you. Pierre Poilievre has been elected as an MP in his riding 7 times so far, & Justin Trudeau elected as an MP in his riding 5 time somehow so far, and Jagmeet Singh has been elected in his riding 4 times so far…..

Even Elizabeth May after trying to parachute into several different ridings, she slotted into her current riding and has been elected MP there 4 times like Jagmeet.

They’re all electable to someone repeatedly. Of the four, I know whom I don’t want leading the country though.
All four .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
True, although some of trump's tweets and such did have real world consequences. He says 'toyota sucks' and toyota shares drop the next day. And while much of it was absolutely hilarious in some respects it did foster divisions. It didn't create those divisions, that happened much earlier, but it certainly didn't do anything to mend them either.

And yes the dem's support of the riots and destruction is horrible as well. There are no white hats any more.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Trudeau surfed in on a populist wave , no complaints about populism then , funny that . And Trudeau and the Liberal NDP government have the same knowledge of the CPP issues and are sitting on it .
Trudeau rode a wave of discontent, the "solution" to widespread dissatisfaction with the Harper government. There was no populism involved, at the time he was simply a more popular choice. All he had to do was be there. One could argue that the same situation applies for PP, but the populism angle refers more to his method. He is astute in picking out the hot-button concerns for voters and claims to offer a solution without actually offering a solution. What he really is offering is old school conservative tenets of lower taxes and smaller government saying where he intends to make the cuts necessary to acheive those goals.

As for "sitting on CPP issues" the Liberals have been working on enhancements to the program since 2019 with the target of increasing retirement benefits for pensioners. These enhancements depend on increasing the rate of employee/employer contributions, something PP wants to put an end to. This doesn't quite jive with his "champion of the working man" shtick.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
It HAS to be later. Specifically, it has to be when the election starts.

Time and again the Conservatives have made specific policy statements before an election only to have them stolen by the liberals.
In my perfect little dream world the goal of any elected official, either in power or in opposition, would be to make life better for Canadians. If the CPC has a better idea there would still be some degree of victory in having the Liberals adopt that idea if victory is all that's important to them.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trudeau rode a wave of discontent, the "solution" to widespread dissatisfaction with the Harper government. There was no populism involved, at the time he was simply a more popular choice.
PP is riding a wave of discontent, the solution to widespread dissattisfaction with the TrueDope government. It's virtually the same thing except TrueDope is running scared and is throwing the term around to try and make people scared. But being hypocritical is something this government is good at so this does not surprise.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
In my perfect little dream world the goal of any elected official, either in power or in opposition, would be to make life better for Canadians. If the CPC has a better idea there would still be some degree of victory in having the Liberals adopt that idea if victory is all that's important to them.
Your dream world is very different than the real one.

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If that has ever been true, it has been so only for a small minority, and then not for long.

The name of the game is power, Nick.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
One of my friends works hospital security.

Minimum wage, 12.75 an hour.

Was a company change over and now they make 20, so who knows if they get the rebate next year.

Few others I know also work same min. wage and get the rebate. They use it for helping with stuff for kids.

Cheat on taxes... automatic blame that somehow they cheat if they get the rebate?
So why bother borrowing money from the working poor for two years so they can buy their kids stuff two years later? That is not helping anyone.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
IF all voters felt that way, we wouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately the voters consistently reward the party that does it, not the party that thinks of it. The only exception is tommy douglas and "universal health care", I think Jaggers is hoping that dental will be the same for him. It won't.

If voters aren't willing to reward parties for 'stolen' ideas, then why on earth would you put your ideas out there to be stolen?

And of course it does create problems beyond that at campaign time. You'll notice last election the libs did not release their platform till later in the campaign AFTER the ndp and CPC did - and then it was just basically their platforms plus a little extra. If the CPC said they'd build a million homes the libs said they'd build 1.2. Basically if they know your platform they just try to copy anythning decent and then you've got nothing to campaign on.

It's the way it is. Details are done last minute when everyone puts their cards on the table.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Oh my god, and you DENY you're a Trump Cultist????

He's not doing GREAT for the country or economy, but he's not destroying it... yet.

Depends on who you are whether he did or not.

"Donald Trump, 2005: “I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.” [Vox / Libby Nelson]"

"“Then, I have an Article II, where I have to the right to do whatever I want as president,” he said. “But I don’t even talk about that.”"

"Trump has said he had a “standing order” as president that “documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.”" ("Former Trump White House officials -- including two chiefs of staff and a national security adviser -- have said they knew of no such standing order, and some said they would have opposed it if there were. Such an order would still require the president to inform those charged with protecting the information that it’s been declassified, and the documents would have had to be physically marked to reflect their new status.") https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-he-declassified-material-he-kept-quicktake

Yep, he sure does!
Why are you going to 2005? He wasn't elected then so I don't give a crap what he did. If he did something illegal, they why isn't he in jail?

I am only referring to when he was President - nothing else period.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Actually the tweets calling out the lying media taught Republicans a valuable lesson . Fight back do not capitulate to the press and let them set the agenda .
I agree. The Republicans need to start fighting back because they will NEVER get the "respect" from the MSM, no matter what they say or do. Republicans have to ignore what the MSM are saying which are generally lies about what Republicans stand for and they need start fighting back by telling people what they will do instead to help people. They can't run an oppositional campaign simply telling people why the Dems are not who they deserve but why the Republicans are.

They can also start by un-electing the Rhino's and electing people who have the integrity to stand up against the horrible, demeaning ideology of the Left. In other words, Republicans need to get a backbone!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Trudeau rode a wave of discontent, the "solution" to widespread dissatisfaction with the Harper government. There was no populism involved, at the time he was simply a more popular choice. All he had to do was be there. One could argue that the same situation applies for PP, but the populism angle refers more to his method. He is astute in picking out the hot-button concerns for voters and claims to offer a solution without actually offering a solution. What he really is offering is old school conservative tenets of lower taxes and smaller government saying where he intends to make the cuts necessary to acheive those goals.

As for "sitting on CPP issues" the Liberals have been working on enhancements to the program since 2019 with the target of increasing retirement benefits for pensioners. These enhancements depend on increasing the rate of employee/employer contributions, something PP wants to put an end to. This doesn't quite jive with his "champion of the working man" shtick.
Regarding CPP contributions, at what point is enough? How much more are we expected to pay into the CPP off of one's pay cheque and for employers to do the same? How much is enough?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I agree. The Republicans need to start fighting back because they will NEVER get the "respect" from the MSM, no matter what they say or do. Republicans have to ignore what the MSM are saying which are generally lies about what Republicans stand for and they need start fighting back by telling people what they will do instead to help people. They can't run an oppositional campaign simply telling people why the Dems are not who they deserve but why the Republicans are.

They can also start by un-electing the Rhino's and electing people who have the integrity to stand up against the horrible, demeaning ideology of the Left. In other words, Republicans need to get a backbone!!!
And are supposedly Conservatives in Canada should do the same .