Omicron

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Who are they Refugees “from” if they’re crossing into Canada at Roxham Road?

The LINK above says Nigeria is the biggest source of people crossing at Roxham and just 30% of the more than 16,000 who crossed there between February 2017 and March 2022 were accepted as valid refugees. For the more than 10,000 Haitians who crossed — the second-largest source country, just 23% were accepted…..& since Trudeau’s 2017 Tweet, more than 77,000 people entered Canada at Roxham Road from….the USA?

Originally this Tweet was a WOKE posturing against Trump so Trudeau could use him as a Boogieman, but from what I hear, Trump isn’t the President of the United States at this point and hasn’t been for a while now, so are these Refugees fleeing The US & Biden’s policies now? Is that why there’s such an uptick in numbers?

I do not claim to be a cartographer, but if Nigeria & Haiti are the largest groups of Refugees crossing into Canada at Roxham Road, Quebec, but they where actually crossing into Canada at, let’s say the port of Halifax, I could see that being the first place of refuge for these people, but not landlocked Roxham Road that only borders with America.
The border guards can assess the threat an immigrant is under on the spot. In cases where there is immediate threat, let 'em in. In cases where the proverbial "reasonable person" sees no threat and upon listening to the immigrant's story, sees no pressing danger, tell 'em "Nice try. No dice." In cases where there is legitimate doubt, let 'em in provisionally, and detain 'em whilst you work it out. When the immigrant in question has entered Canada legitimately (with consent, Canada wasn't drunk or high, and the immigrant wore a condom), if the immigrant voluntarily changes his or her status by applying for asylum, apply the rules above. Easy as pie.

Only thing y'all seem to be lacking is adult supervision.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
We have also brought refugees into Canada from various camps throughout the world over the years starting after the Vietnam war . These people did not try to jump the line but applied in an orderly manner . Is it to much to ask to expect the same from refugees at this time as well ?
No as it's likely going to be considered "racist" or some thing nefarious, I'm sure.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Unless they're Trucktards…..
Where the Trucktards doing anything illegal long before they arrived in Ottawa when Justin & Jagmeet (Before they came out’a the closet & formally announced their non-coalition coalition) where demonizing them in the media as racists & misogynists & Nazi’s and what have you? It sure looked like the Trucktards where framed in the media as criminals doing something illegal long before Trudeau fled to the Batcave & the Trucktards even had the opportunity to break the law. Weird that, and the CBC and many others ran with it. Weirder that….

That whole February Goat Rodeo will be more interesting as more “facts” come to the light of day regarding who did what & when with their shenanigans like that one guy with the Nazi flag, or that one Québécois Chick that danced on the monument, or who was slashing the tires and cutting the fuel lines on the Trucktards Tractors, or the whole “Deprived Diesel to truckers so they can’t stay warm or leave in February in Canada” and then point fingers ‘cuz they’re trying to stay warm and aren’t leaving, or whom put a ball cap & flag around the shoulders of that statue instead of smashing it after spray painting it like we’ve become so accustomed to when church’s where catching on fire all over while Trudeau “understands their frustrations” and so on and so forth….
We have also brought refugees into Canada from various camps throughout the world over the years starting after the Vietnam war . These people did not try to jump the line but applied in an orderly manner . Is it to much to ask to expect the same from refugees at this time as well ?
The people at Roxham Road aren’t refugees from camps in war torn countries, but are arriving on buses and from taxi’s from the USA and walk about a mile (maybe) to get greeted by the RCMP before being allowed in. All 77,000+ crossing there so far that I’ve read about.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where the Trucktards doing anything illegal long before they arrived in Ottawa when Justin & Jagmeet (Before they came out’a the closet & formally announced their non-coalition coalition) where demonizing them in the media as racists & misogynists & Nazi’s and what have you? It sure looked like the Trucktards where framed in the media as criminals doing something illegal long before Trudeau fled to the Batcave & the Trucktards even had the opportunity to break the law. Weird that, and the CBC and many others ran with it. Weirder that….

That whole February Goat Rodeo will be more interesting as more “facts” come to the light of day regarding who did what & when with their shenanigans like that one guy with the Nazi flag, or that one Québécois Chick that danced on the monument, or who was slashing the tires and cutting the fuel lines on the Trucktards Tractors, or the whole “Deprived Diesel to truckers so they can’t stay warm or leave in February in Canada” and then point fingers ‘cuz they’re trying to stay warm and aren’t leaving, or whom put a ball cap & flag around the shoulders of that statue instead of smashing it after spray painting it like we’ve become so accustomed to when church’s where catching on fire all over while Trudeau “understands their frustrations” and so on and so forth….

The people at Roxham Road aren’t refugees from camps in war torn countries, but are arriving on buses and from taxi’s from the USA and walk about a mile (maybe) to get greeted by the RCMP before being allowed in. All 77,000+ crossing there so far that I’ve read about.
Turn back the clock to last June, July, August and September prior to there being any truckers or PPC wingnuts. It was Canadian Frontline Nurses protesting shitty working conditions that were ongoing for over a decade. I was there at Van General and City Hall last September 1st.

I have photos of the 5000 protesting and nary a trucker to be seen or heard.

It was Nursetards protesting work conditions patient treatment and their Rights.

Nursetards

Attachments

• 20210901_134244.jpg
    20210901_134244.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20210901_134253.jpg
    20210901_134253.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Yes but we are pleasing the gods of political correctness , what could be more important ?

Reactions: taxslave

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Turn back the clock to last June, July, August and September prior to there being any truckers or PPC wingnuts. It was Canadian Frontline Nurses protesting shitty working conditions that were ongoing for over a decade. I was there at Van General and City Hall last September 1st.

I have photos of the 5000 protesting and nary a trucker to be seen or heard.

It was Nursetards protesting work conditions patient treatment and their Rights.

Nursetards
Nursetards in the US too.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You raise what is to me an interesting legal question. The rule is that a "refugee" must ask asylum from the first country he comes to that is signatory to the convention. But if that country refuses asylum, what then?

I'll have to research that. I'll let you know.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You raise what is to me an interesting legal question. The rule is that a "refugee" must ask asylum from the first country he comes to that is signatory to the convention. But if that country refuses asylum, what then?

That’s where I was going in post #179 in this thread, but wasn’t (in all honesty) thinking about America rejecting these “refugees” forcing them to cross into Canada at Roxham Road instead of through a regular border crossing.

“I do not claim to be a cartographer, but if Nigeria & Haiti are the largest groups of Refugees crossing into Canada at Roxham Road, Quebec, but they where actually crossing into Canada at, let’s say the port of Halifax, I could see that being the first place of refuge for these people, but not landlocked Roxham Road that only borders with America.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Then US Immigration sends them back to wherever they hold a passport. You never knew that? Why dont you know that? Pizza?

Illegal in the US is no different to CBSA. Illegal is illegal

Are they slightly illlegal? Is slightly a pizza law thing?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
New BQ.1 and BQ.1.1 Omicron subvariants growing twice as fast as BA.5 in Ontario: PHO
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:Oct 28, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 1 minute read • 38 Comments

Public Health Ontario says the proportion of the new BQ.1 and BQ.1.1 Omicron subvariants in the province is growing twice as quickly as the dominant BA.5 strain.

The health agency says that while not a lot is known yet about the BQ subvariants, there is a high risk of increased transmissibility, reinfection and lowered vaccine effectiveness.

Dr. Gerald Evans, an infectious disease expert at Queen’s University, says Ontarians should not be “overly worried” at this point about the BQ subvariants, though the growth rate is a cause for some concern.

Public Health Ontario says COVID-19 activity in the province is generally stable, though it has been gradually increasing since early September.

A report today comparing the week ending Oct. 22 to the week prior says the percentage of positive tests is roughly the same — 15.8%, down slightly from 16.1% — though that’s higher than the July peak of 14.8%.

Hospital admissions and deaths were down, though the health agency notes those are lagging indicators, so they may well start to increase soon.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Article a doctor friend in the US posted up. Interesting reading for sure.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Interesting is that the Canadian Bivalent shot is different than what American or the EU is getting. We’re a year behind again.

Today we took what we could get along with the seasonal flu shots.

Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Article a doctor friend in the US posted up. Interesting reading for sure.
I got the damn flu from being in the hospital. It made recovery a real bitch.