KKK costume at Canadian Legion Halloween party disgusts many

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The outfit and "theme" of what they were doing border lined on being racist

Borders? Dressing up as a member of the KKK.... while leading a man who is wearing black face around on a noose "BORDERS" racism?

and I certainly wouldn't think of dressing up like a KKK member, and I also pointed out that if they got their asses kicked for what they were doing, I wouldn't shed a tear...... I don't excuse them dressing up as KKK anymore then I excuse them getting jumped and beaten to a pulp.

Instead of getting beaten up... they got FIRST PRIZE!

And I personally believe it borders on being all-out racist and I can clearly see how some would think that's all that was meant by their outfits (simply to be racist)..... but because they also used the confederate flag as a part of their costume, it's not only focusing on a character from a particular country, but the history that comes with that particular character from that particular country.

I am surprised you are actually trying to justify this behavoir.

Should I be surprised though? hmmm

And yes, KKK have existed in Canada and as some here are noting they still do exist here in some areas of the country..... but it's not a Canadian flag they were using and if there was no flag used, then I'd be right along with you expressing disgust that the only message they're passing along is the promotion of the KKK and racism, but I personally feel they were going for a different message..... But I'm also not saying their idea was ever a good one either.

It's not an American flag either. It is a flag that symbolizes racism. The whole costume does...

FIRST PRIZE!

No actually it doesn't sound familiar..... how about you provide a source to back up your claim, because I'm still not getting any flashbacks of anybody saying something like what you quoted.

Well you can search if you like but I am not going back through threads because you are forgetfull.

Even if my view of their costume's message is accurate that they were trying to portray a US stereo-type, by using the flag and the other man dressed and acting the way he was, confines their costume to a particular era and I don't believe it was a direct attack on the US identity in somehow claiming everybody in the US is racist and a part of the KKK....... but when anybody thinks of the KKK, they generally think of the US's south, usually because the KKK originated in the US and thrived in the South...... hence the outfit, the flag and the other guy dressed the way he was.

Why do I need to go back through the threads when you are writing this stuff?

"Some of You Folks?"

I'm still waiting for examples and identification of who in here ever made such a claim.

Do your own research or simply read over what you write and you'll get the idea.

I'll admit that I've made claims in the past that racism is more common and has more free range in the US then in Canada,

To which you are wrong. This incident proves it...

Along with White Pride Marches going unopposed through Calgary...

And the news sting up there of black 20 somethings getting turned down from 9 out of 10 bars while letting white people in.

Is your head still in the sand?

Want to continue? Want to go on?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So why is it all races and sexual creeds can form social clubs but whites in general can't without being labeled a hate group?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Got chicken feathers caught in your throat? Would it have been better if it was someone dressed as Michael Jackson on the noose?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Got chicken feathers caught in your throat? Would it have been better if it was someone dressed as Michael Jackson on the noose?

I think pretty well anything goes at Halloween, although I think anything depicting pedophilia should probably be off limits. But politics, ethnicity, creed - why not? :smile: Some of us have to learn to laugh at ourselves.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Borders? Dressing up as a member of the KKK.... while leading a man who is wearing black face around on a noose "BORDERS" racism?

Read above some of the other member's comments.... if you still don't get it, you never will.

Instead of getting beaten up... they got FIRST PRIZE!

Well don't blame me, I didn't vote.

And who knows if they actually stood up and explained their costumes before they won? Maybe they had a good reason or had other intentions.

Kind of reminds me back when Matchbox 20 came out with that song "Push" and all these woman's rights groups jumped all over it because they thought the lyrics promoted the abuse of women and such...... then Rob Thomas went on the record to clarify that it was about his own experiences with a relationship he was in where he was the one being pushed around and abused, taken for granted, etc.....

The point being that just looking on the surface of something doesn't always tell the whole story.

I am surprised you are actually trying to justify this behavoir.

And I'm surprised you're trolling your ass off again after I clearly stated I wasn't justifying their behavior..... and I stated this twice already..... now a third time.... get it through your damn head.

Should I be surprised though? hmmm

Not when you're purposely trying to create a pointless argument over something that was never said.

It's not an American flag either. It is a flag that symbolizes racism. The whole costume does...

Did I say it was an "American" Flag?

No, get your sh*t together.... constantly correcting your mistakes and repeating already provided information is getting tiresome. I said it was a Confederate Flag and if you want to stretch that so you can create another baseless argument, the Confederate Flag is more US then it's Canadian..... but that wasn't even the point I was trying to make either.

Well you can search if you like but I am not going back through threads because you are forgetfull.

I'm not forgetful, I remember everything.

What a pitiful defense though..... so in other words, you're not going to back up claims you made in a debate when asked and yet still expect people in here to take you seriously.

Why do I need to go back through the threads when you are writing this stuff?

If you're going to claim I've said something and try and use it against me in a later debate, you better source your claims or shut the hell up, because I know you wouldn't tolerate me pulling that stunt on you...... stop acting like a troll.... if you're going to state something as fact, back it up.

Do your own research or simply read over what you write and you'll get the idea.

Maybe you should read over what I actually said before you start claiming I said or didn't say something..... you already got much of what I said above in this thread completely wrong, so why in hell would I put any faith in your further claims of what I said in the past, which I know you took way out of context or just made up in order to be an ass and now refuse to even back up in order to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot.

I would have thought making me look like an idiot and proving me wrong would be something you'd enjoy..... yet you toss your monkey crap and then scatter off when put to task.

To which you are wrong. This incident proves it...

BWWWAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

So this ONE incident proves that Canada is far more worse then the US when it comes to racism?

I suppose you could also bring up that other example of the cross burning in NS a few months back...... ok so you got two cases...... compared to how many cases per month in the US?

Two examples somehow proves I'm wrong?

You best read up on your own country's history and current news.

Along with White Pride Marches going unopposed through Calgary...

And the news sting up there of black 20 somethings getting turned down from 9 out of 10 bars while letting white people in.

Is your head still in the sand?

Want to continue? Want to go on?

Provide sources.... otherwise why bother to continue with a troll?

Sources can be as simple as copy/pasting a URL link..... beyond that I can search and read by myself to find what backups your claims..... can you copy/paste on a computer..... sure...... I knew you could.

But you won't because you just want to come into here to shove your finger in everybody's face and start arguments over nothing and make baseless claims with nothing to back them up.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Read above some of the other member's comments.... if you still don't get it, you never will.

I do get it. Obviously you don't sad.

Well don't blame me, I didn't vote.

Did I say you did? Get your s**** together. lol (Pwned)

And who knows if they actually stood up and explained their costumes before they won? Maybe they had a good reason or had other intentions.

Oh I am sure they did.

Kind of reminds me back when Matchbox 20 came out with that song "Push" and all these woman's rights groups jumped all over it because they thought the lyrics promoted the abuse of women and such...... then Rob Thomas went on the record to clarify that it was about his own experiences with a relationship he was in where he was the one being pushed around and abused, taken for granted, etc.....

The point being that just looking on the surface of something doesn't always tell the whole story.

Now I am really cracking up. Lyrics to a song being compared to a guy in a KKK outfit leading a white guy with "black face" on in a noose.

Wow.

And I'm surprised you're trolling your ass off again after I clearly stated I wasn't justifying their behavior..... and I stated this twice already..... now a third time.... get it through your damn head.

Indirectly you are. On and on you go...

"maybe this" or "maybe they were trying to do that"

Not when you're purposely trying to create a pointless argument over something that was never said.

Move along then Prax... go fill a bowl.

Did I say it was an "American" Flag?

See above... PWNED

No, get your sh*t together.... constantly correcting your mistakes

See above.

and repeating already provided information is getting tiresome. I said it was a Confederate Flag and if you want to stretch that so you can create another baseless argument, the Confederate Flag is more US then it's Canadian..... but that wasn't even the point I was trying to make either.

If you were keeping up you will see that someone said "Aren't they wearing an American Confederate flag?'. You simply got to keep up Prax. This is what the whole thing is about dude.

I'm not forgetful, I remember everything.

Well that would be impossible.

What a pitiful defense though..... so in other words, you're not going to back up claims you made in a debate when asked and yet still expect people in here to take you seriously.

In other words, I am not going to run around through past threads to appease you so you can STILL go on and on with this.

Believe me Prax... if I thought it would make it through to you or make a difference... I would. But when you get to trolling...you troll hard.

If you're going to claim I've said something and try and use it against me in a later debate, you better source your claims or shut the hell up, because I know you wouldn't tolerate me pulling that stunt on you...... stop acting like a troll.... if you're going to state something as fact, back it up.

(Sigh) see above... And I was not talking about you being a part of these past threads. geez. It isn't always about you Prax.

Do you see how important it is for you to pay attention?

Maybe you should read over what I actually said before you start claiming I said or didn't say something..... you already got much of what I said above in this thread completely wrong, so why in hell would I put any faith in your further claims of what I said in the past, which I know you took way out of context or just made up in order to be an ass and now refuse to even back up in order to prove me wrong and make me look like an idiot.

I would have thought making me look like an idiot and proving me wrong would be something you'd enjoy..... yet you toss your monkey crap and then scatter off when put to task.

Did I catch you in the middle of a trip?

BWWWAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

So this ONE incident proves that Canada is far more worse then the US when it comes to racism?

Did I say that? No, get your s*** together. (too easy)

I suppose you could also bring up that other example of the cross burning in NS a few months back...... ok so you got two cases...... compared to how many cases per month in the US?

Two examples somehow proves I'm wrong?

You best read up on your own country's history and current news.

Provide sources.... otherwise why bother to continue with a troll?

Sources can be as simple as copy/pasting a URL link..... beyond that I can search and read by myself to find what backups your claims..... can you copy/paste on a computer..... sure...... I knew you could.

But you won't because you just want to come into here to shove your finger in everybody's face and start arguments over nothing and make baseless claims with nothing to back them up.

lol. Chill out. You are so off the wall here.

If you have been involved with the past threads you would have all kinds of info. However you made this all about me picking on you.

Even AFTER I made my disclaimer last night... you had to come in here and get all Praxed out.

You came in here and started Praxing all over the thread. Now there is bleeping Prax all over everyones monitor. lol.

I'm out... Peace!

Feel free to drone on aimlessly... I'll be back whenever and respond if I feel like it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think pretty well anything goes at Halloween, although I think anything depicting pedophilia should probably be off limits.

No way....the costume of the Priest with the kid's face buried in his crotch is priceless. The key is where the costume is being worn. In this case, it's a great costume for going to the bar but I wouldn't wear it while out trick or treating with my kids. The same goes for this one...

Some may find it hateful towards our Saskatistan friends and completely offensive but I think it's great.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No way....the costume of the Priest with the kid's face buried in his crotch is priceless. The key is where the costume is being worn. In this case, it's a great costume for going to the bar but I wouldn't wear it while out trick or treating with my kids. The same goes for this one...

Some may find it hateful towards our Saskatistan friends and completely offensive but I think it's great.

I tend to agree with you but I'm not considered politically correct in all circles. :lol:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I think pretty well anything goes at Halloween, although I think anything depicting pedophilia should probably be off limits. But politics, ethnicity, creed - why not? :smile: Some of us have to learn to laugh at ourselves.

I see, you have limits then. I guess blacks should just man up and learn to laugh about their ancestors being hung from trees by ignorant a-holes.

But hey, depict a priest getting it on with a stuffed doll of a kid and the smile turns upside down.

It's halloween for f*ck sake.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think they are one in the same.

WHAAAAAAAAT!

What the heck is this all about? Why would they wear black face and afros to a hockey game! What the heck is going on?

I could be mistaken, but I believe they are dressed like that in "homage" to a rookie on the Habs team(I think his name is PK Suppan). Not the best way to go about paying homage to someone.

I see, you have limits then. I guess blacks should just man up and learn to laugh about their ancestors being hung from trees by ignorant a-holes.

But hey, depict a priest getting it on with a stuffed doll of a kid and the smile turns upside down.

I am far from being PC, but I don't agree with either the costumes worn in the OP or the one with the priest depicting pedophilia. I have a sense of humour, I can take a laugh, but to me neither of those are funny/fun or in good taste.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I guess the decision as to what's in good taste rests with what offends you Avro. If ethnicity is to be fair game, why should Blacks be exempt? :smile:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I guess the decision as to what's in good taste rests with what offends you Avro. If ethnicity is to be fair game, why should Blacks be exempt? :smile:

It appears black face and depicting a black lead by a rope by the KKK is in good tatse to you....not really shocked.

Who said ethnicity is fair game?