Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder how many years of radiation some Japanese need before Tepco can convince the really sick ones that bathing in the 'hot water' is the way to a 'cure' and then it washes them out to the open ocean and the gov deletes his file. (memory loss cured 'the family'

That doesn't save the Pacific but it could be if the plastic in the doldrums (salt water tough) could be made into some big pipes and run out to sea about 150 miles and exit at the bottom of the trench. 7,000 meters down, once there a 'heavy metal' is not going to float back to the surface.

I'll bet the ones under radiation could come up with a plan or two, probably within a few weeks of the ' go boom, fall down' event..

If it took a lot of people to do it that would surely die then send out a 'for hire' and choose the old and still capable. Pay then room and board and put their 'bonus' in a trust opened when the will is and that goes to the family, or the cats or whomever. puth the younger ones at the end that is skimming up the plastic and whatever else is involved at that end. The ones that die putting the pipe together will be classified as toxic waste so the also become fill at the bottom of the trench. At least you can be assured nobody will steal the body.

As in any other big event like a world war everybody else is 'employed' and there are many places open all night. Vegas where the house is a non-profit one and the paychecks outlast the pay-dates, every seaport in the would be one. That is if anybody cared, apparently nobody does and that trend is going to continue for at least a few more years.

Don't let the children know..... It could make them feel this world is doomed.
Speaking of which, what happened to all the adults in the room that claimed they were running this world. Phase I sent the US into the Rothschild homeland and liberate the $275T that is in the 'illegal usury" drawer and pay off the world debt and give the 'change" $600T to the ones over 18 and put them to 'mandatory work for 10 years', crank up all the industries to capacity and 10 years later the workers are given their share in the company that they now also take profits from (equally).
Kelly's heros in real-time, and just as funny if you see their expressions when it comes down. At least that would be going down with a wimper, this way we are on the back of the titanic and are clapping our hands.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
As I said way back in post #193:

(and of course my suggestion could have been accomplished by now instead of their wasting the billion$ already spent on the equivalent of fighting a raging forest fire with a bucket brigade using thimbles of water instead of buckets)

I must say this nuclear fiasco has me worried about the future. My belief is that the only way to quench this thing (since Chernobyl is obviously still smoldering away) is with the sea. And the only way is to bring the sea to it. That means creating a crater large and deep enough for all of those reactors to fall into, and a trough from the sea which can have like a one-way valve, so to speak, that will allow sea water in while not allowing any contaminated water back out into the ocean.

I don't think it may be possible to create such a crater with conventional explosives, and well you know the expression fight fire with fire, so too must we fight nuclear with nuclear. Yes, I'm talking about the largest peace-time nuclear bomb detonation the world has ever known. But I think it must be done. But I'm no scholar, just an uneducated fool God chooses to reveal the answers to. And of course.... they'd never listen so I shouldn't waste my time with them, eh?

But the internet is this great thing where the people can let all these crazy ideas fly out there, and who knows? Maybe someone in a position to really do something will be paying attention.

It would be almost comical, if not so sad, to watch the Japanese so futilely giving their lives to fight this New Godzilla. And all they've done to date has been a complete waste of time and money. They need to start drilling to set these explosives to undermine the whole facility NOW.

Of course such a set of explosions will likely cause more earthquakes, but they're happening anyway, and really, earthquakes and tsunamis should be the least of their worries right now.

We should be marching on all our capitals to prevent any further nuke plants from being built.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
What a bunch of wooeee.

The situation at Fukushima Daiichi while concerning isn't catastrophic as some keep trying to claim. The fuel rod pools aren't going to catch fire unless they somehow get drained and then some insane person jumps in and sets off a thermite charge as it takes close to 2,000 C to ignite the zirconium cladding. And even then the effects will still be local as a study done at Lawrence Livermore shows.

Fukushima disaster: New information about worst-case scenarios.

By the last three days of March, the computer modeling produced results that settled the debate: A plume delivering radiation doses exceeding U.S. standards would come no closer to Tokyo than 75 miles, so Americans should stay put. In an April 1, 2011, email to Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Holdren spelled out details. "Our optimism, such as it is ... comes not from any assumption that the situation at Fukushima is under control but rather from modeling that shows the worst-plausible releases from one or more reactors at Fukushima would not cross [the U.S. guidelines] in Tokyo even in the event of adverse weather," Holdren wrote. "Only with big releases from the spent-fuel pools, combined with even more perverse weather than [the scientists deemed realistic], could the [guidelines] be crossed in Tokyo, and even then, according to the modeling to date, not by much," so "even in these extreme circumstances, sheltering in place might be all you'd want to do."

So even if the fuel rod pools did by some highly unlikely circumstance catch fire, it's very unlikely that even Tokyo would need to be evacuated, people who talk about the end of the world from this are experts in psuedo, not actual science.

And while the radioactive material leaking into the ocean is a local concern, it's not going to have a noticeable impact the farther you get from the coast of Japan. The radioactive isotopes in question are in solution and entering a body of water of over 600 million km^3. We're talking about kgs of cesium-137, cesium-134 dissolved into a vast volume, the concentration is so low it doesn't have a harmful effect.

Bluefin Tuna Radiation: Is There A Health Risk?

First, the elevated levels still remain well below the U.S. government's regulatory limits. And, as Brenner explains, we already get a great deal of radiation exposure in our foods, all naturally occurring. In fact, according to the data, rates of caesium-137 and caesium-134 are 35 times less than the amount of radioactive potassium, which is naturally-occurring in the fish. Radioactive potassium, along with polonium-210 are the two most common and largest radioactive compounds in our foods, but even these give off far less radiation than other natural sources we are exposed to on an annual basis: radon, which occurs naturally in soil and rock, and cosmic rays.

People, and everything, are already radioactive, an average sized person has about 40mgs of Potassium-40 which produces about 10,000 decays a second of which about 10% will produce penetrating gamma rays most of which will pass right through their tissue with no affect.

And the "massive" spike in radioactivity at Fukushima is in a ditch where strontium that was already in the soil was washed into a drainage ditch. It probably makes cleanup simpler now and doesn't raise concerns about serious levels of additional exposure.

Fish might not be the best choice to eat for the next 100 years

Fish are already radioactive, everything is, the levels of cesium-137 and cesium-134 are about 35 times lower than the level considered to be safe.

Let's put this into perspective, there is already about 4.6 billion tons of uranium in the worlds oceans and about 32,000 tons is added each year. Plus all the radioactive potassium and small amounts of carbon-14 a radioactive isotope produced by high energy collisions in the atmsophere.