How the GW myth is perpetuated

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The vast majority of humming beings cannot learn anything that does not fit into their preconceived ideas about life. Dogma is impenetrable.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
oxygen is an atom though, and can't be destroyed, only recycled
co2 is not so permanent, being a molecule

Plants produce CO2 (Carbon dioxide) all the time as a metabolic product of respiration, but when light is available, they can use and fix some of this CO2 as a substrate in photosynthesis. When light is available, they also take up additional CO2 from the surrounding atmosphere, and one of the the end products of photosynthesis is O2 (molecular oxygen), so when light is available, on net balance they use/fix more CO2 into other molecules than they produce, and so produce more O2 than CO2.

When light is not available, i.e. when it is dark, they do not have an energy source for photosynthesis, and so cannot fix CO2 and produce O2, but of course they must continue to respire to stay alive (and hence continue to produce CO2), so they become net producers of CO2.

Depending on the species of plant and the environmental conditions, most plants are net fixers/users of CO2 and producers of O2 when averaged out over the course of a light/dark photoperiod (usually 24 hours).
https://www.quora.com/Do-plants-emit-carbon-dioxide-at-night

and then winter comes along...

And this elementary school biology lesson means...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, please use a chain saw. It may not help the deaf people, but at least they will be able to smell the gas/oil mix and not get in the way.

Where are the steel toed boots? :) :)

Metro Van is one of the greenest cities in the world. There is no traffic and that brown haze is just happiness in the air.

Vancouver may well "own" a lot of superlatives but I doubt if "green" is one of them. :)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And this elementary school biology lesson means...

I'd ask you to figure it out yourself, but we know ( you didn't do so well on land subsidence* from depleted water tables in Florida did you?) that THAT isn't going to happen. So I start simple for readers like you and then work my way up.
;)

*subsidence:
Subsidence is the motion of a surface (usually, the earth's surface) as it shifts downward relative to a datum such as sea level. The opposite of subsidence is uplift, which results in an increase in elevation. Ground subsidence is of concern to geologists, geotechnical engineers and surveyors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidence

...and totally NON scientific global warming drones who have no idea what the word "FAKE" means, nor how much it costs people who do.

Last edited:

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
Cliffy;2462858[/QUOTE said:
Naturally it is a Canadian making what a POS would think is funny. That is why Canadians with their GREAT socialized medical system have the American hospitals along the border filled. The fine Canadian system is so efficient that there are many diseases from which a Canadian can die waiting in line whereas crossing the border and paying a fee can cure him almost overnight. But then the skum will tell you that the Canadian system is better because it's free. After all it only costs the average Canadian family $12,000 a year for that free medical care from which they can die waiting for treatment.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'd ask you to figure it out yourself, but we know ( you didn't do so well on land subsidence* from depleted water tables in Florida did you?) that THAT isn't going to happen. So I start simple for readers like you and then work my way up.
;)

*subsidence:
Subsidence is the motion of a surface (usually, the earth's surface) as it shifts downward relative to a datum such as sea level. The opposite of subsidence is uplift, which results in an increase in elevation. Ground subsidence is of concern to geologists, geotechnical engineers and surveyors.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidence

...and totally NON scientific global warming drones who have no idea what the word "FAKE" means, nor how much it costs people who do.

Better take you head out of the over, Bonehead. It's getting hot in there and your brain seems overcooked as it is. But at least you answered my question about your post. It seems when you don't have a clue what you're talking about you just stick in any old schitt and hope it will make you sound intelligent instead you usual clueless commentary.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
oxygen is an atom though, and can't be destroyed, only recycled
co2 is not so permanent, being a molecule

Gaseous Oxygen is O2 (ozone is O3) You will not find the single atom "O" just hanging about. It is always part of a molecule.

How precisely do you suppose O3 is manufactured from O2?

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
It isn't. How did you put that little bit of illogic together, Yank?

The stupidest people on the planet ..

I suggest that you learn some chemistry. Or the very least you could have looked it up on Wikipedia. But as is usual for you, you prefer to demonstrate you intellect in perfectly absurd manners.