Flu is not the biggest danger ...... It's the vaccine

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
Some have done just that.

History of Tobacco | Big Site of Amazing Facts ©

Besides that there is evidence for reduction of frequency of attacks for ulcerative colitis after having a cigarette a day.

It's amazing what one can learn on the Internet...For example, I've learned today that smoking might be somewhat good for you and vaccines might not. Maybe a case of too much information?!? 8O :lol:

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
For those who are interested, here's another article entitled "Scientist's Polio Fears Unheeded":

http://www.anomalies.net/archive/Fringe-Political_Belief/AIDSEDDY.TXT

One of the paragraphs reads as follows:

"Like the current theories that polio vaccines may have spawned AIDS,
Eddy's suggestion that polio vaccines administered to hundreds of
millions of people may have seeded a cancer epidemic was too terrifying
for politicians and bureaucrats to accept."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dark Beaver- Everything I've read about Jonas Salk and the Salk vaccine is contrary to what you say. See the following exerpt from Wikipedia

In 1954, the vaccine was tested at Arsenal Elementary School and the Watson Home for Children in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Salk's vaccine was then used in a test called the Francis Field Trial, led by Thomas Francis; the largest medical experiment in history. The test began with some 4,000 children at Franklin Sherman Elementary School in McLean, Virginia, and would eventually involve 1.8 million children, in 44 states from Maine to California.[21] By the conclusion of the study, roughly 440,000 received one or more injections of the vaccine, about 210,000 children received a placebo, consisting of harmless culture media, and 1.2 million children received no vaccination and served as a control group, who would then be observed to see if any contracted polio.[13] The results of the field trial were announced April 12, 1955 (the tenth anniversary of the death of Franklin D. Roosevelt; see Franklin D. Roosevelt's paralytic illness). The Salk vaccine had been 60 - 70% effective against PV1 (poliovirus type 1), over 90% effective against PV2 and PV3, and 94% effective against the development of bulbar polio.[22] Soon after Salk's vaccine was licensed in 1955 children's vaccination campaigns were launched. In the U.S, following a mass immunization campaign promoted by the March of Dimes, the annual number of polio cases fell to 5,600 by 1957.[23] By 1961 only 161 cases were recorded in the United States.[24]

countryboy

Nov 30, 2009
BC
There is certainly a lot of stuff out there against vaccines. Here's one of the easiest reads on the subject: Cancer Truth Newsletter 10-22-09

I have no way of verifying if any of this is true, but here's one of the paragraphs:

In 1977, Jonas Salk, the creator of the polio vaccine, testified before a Senate subcommittee that all polio outbreaks since 1961 were caused by the oral polio vaccine. In 1985, the CDC* reported that 87% of the cases of polio in the USA between 1973 and 1983 were caused by the vaccine and most of the reported cases occurred in fully immunized individuals.

*CDC - Center for Disease Control (U.S.)

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
it's just a coincidence....nothing to worry about................

30 Million Kids Got Vaccine Tainted With Pig Virus

Tuesday, 23 March 2010 09:24

'Federal health authorities recommended Monday that doctors suspend using Rotarix, one of two vaccines licensed in the United States against rotavirus, saying the vaccine is contaminated with material from a pig virus.
"There is no evidence at this time that this material poses a safety risk," Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg told reporters in a conference call.
Rotarix, made by GlaxoSmithKline, was approved by the FDA in 2008. The contaminant material is DNA from porcine circovirus 1, a virus from pigs that is not known to cause disease in humans or animals, Hamburg said.
About 1 million children in the United States and about 30 million worldwide have gotten Rotarix vaccine, she said.'
Read more: 30 Million Kids Got Vaccine Tainted With Pig Virus

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think for some reason this thread has generated more than its share of emotional kneejerk reaction. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but on average I think people are better off with the shot than without it. Speaking for myself personally I never had any reaction and I never got the 'flu' and most others I know had a similar experience. You have to really scrutinize the "news" sources these days. You never hear about the 999999999 who are get it without a problem, but the one who dies makes big headlines (doesn't even matter what he/she died of)

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I think for some reason this thread has generated more than its share of emotional kneejerk reaction. Of course there are exceptions to every rule but on average I think people are better off with the shot than without it. Speaking for myself personally I never had any reaction and I never got the 'flu' and most others I know had a similar experience. You have to really scrutinize the "news" sources these days. You never hear about the 999999999 who are get it without a problem, but the one who dies makes big headlines (doesn't even matter what he/she died of)

true....we had a lady here who lost her baby in the womb from h1n1...or so we were told......if you were the father or the mother wouldnt you be on every news station promoting the flushot?
never heard a squeak.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Proof That Vaccines Didn't Save Us

Tags:

History shows us that vaccines did NOT eradicate the diseases that plagued humanity. That is a common misconception -- in actual fact, it was better sanitation and hygiene in the cities that prevented the spread of diseases. These charts, from official sources, show us that vaccines (1) were not responsible, and are not necessary, for eliminating infectious diseases, (2) are not effective, and (3) are dangerous.
Webmaster's Commentary:
And Obamacare will make certain you have an armful!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Tags:

History shows us that vaccines did NOT eradicate the diseases that plagued humanity. That is a common misconception -- in actual fact, it was better sanitation and hygiene in the cities that prevented the spread of diseases. These charts, from official sources, show us that vaccines (1) were not responsible, and are not necessary, for eliminating infectious diseases, (2) are not effective, and (3) are dangerous.
Webmaster's Commentary:

Those charts should mean a lot of big pharma dealers and politicians are going to prison. Instead we will pay them more money to more of them while they pump babies full of junk and poison.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

Tags:

Webmaster's Commentary:
Yeah, HPV vaccine doesn't prevent cervical cancer, tetanus shot doesn't prevent tetanus, diphtheria shots, etc. none of which prevent anything ..... and the Easter Bunny can really lay eggs, too.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, HPV vaccine doesn't prevent cervical cancer, tetanus shot doesn't prevent tetanus, diphtheria shots, etc. none of which prevent anything ..... and the Easter Bunny can really lay eggs, too.

For vaccines to eradicate a disease the entire population would have to get it, but the more people who have it the wider the gap it has to jump.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
For vaccines to eradicate a disease the entire population would have to get it, but the more people who have it the wider the gap it has to jump.
So? The idea of vaccines is prevention, not eradication.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Pharma Planning to Dump Experimental and Controversial Vaccines in Public Schools

Tuesday, 30 March 2010 06:12

'The golden calf of public health was smashed in this recent flu season as many in the United States outright rejected the H1N1 vaccine. Pharmaceutical companies are now holding the bag, as millions of doses of the vaccine are rotting on shelves or being discarded as hazardous waste. Or are they? The manufacturer may find it more cost effective to dump them into the arms of our public school systems.
Parents would revolt if they knew that the pharmaceutical industry, the Department of Health and Human Services, and Centers for Disease Control have allocated millions of dollars in funding to establish vaccine clinics in the public schools. Pumping children with experimental vaccines in public school is about to be pursued as a matter of policy.'
Read more: Pharma Planning to Dump Experimental and Controversial Vaccines in Public Schools