Driver who ran over two Canadian soldiers shot after high-speed chase near Montreal

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Driver who ran over two Canadian soldiers shot after high-speed chase near Montreal | National Post

Police outside Montreal shot a driver after he ran over two Canadian soldiers in a mall parking lot on Monday, Quebec provincial police said.

After he allegedly hit the Canadian Forces personnel in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, the driver fled the scene and police cruisers followed close behind. Police say the man lost control of his car and flipped it near an intersection. When police caught up, the suspect climbed out of his car and ran at the officers with a knife, police said.

One of the two Canadian soldiers was seriously injured in the parking lot.

“We fear for his life,” said Sgt. Joyce Kemp with Sûreté du Québec. Sgt. Kemp could not confirm whether the soldiers were in uniform when they were struck. The other soldiers sustained minor injuries, she said.

The suspect was in critical condition, Sgt. Kemp said.

Because the local St-Jean-sur-Richelieu police were involved in a fatality, another police force, in this case the Sûrété du Québec, has taken over the investigation.

During question period in the House of Commons on Monday, Conservative MP Randy Hoback referenced what he called “unconfirmed reports” of a “possible terror attack,” and asked Prime Minister Harper for an update on the situation.

“We are aware of these reports and they are extremely troubling,” Mr. Harper said. “We will make available all the resources of the federal government.”

Asked about Mr. Hoback’s assertion, SQ said it could not confirm whether the attack outside the mall was targeted.

Mr. Hoback was not immediately available for comment on Monday afternoon. His office referred questions to the Prime Minister’s Office.

“I think it’s a mistake to start drawing conclusions on such limited information, especially as to motive,” NDP leader Tom Mulcair said after question period. “So I was a bit surprised by the interplay between the Prime Minister and one of his backbenchers when we’re still waiting for any information from the police. Let the police do their job and then we’ll know whether we’re dealing with the type of situation they’ve described.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Waiting for confirmation that the driver was a Mohammed.

If so, we will soon be overwhelmed by cries of outrage against Harper from people that think our foreign policy should be dictated by some other Mohammed living in cave in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Canada has been quite lucky so far.
It is the ones not on the Police radar that will be successful.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Sure as Jesus is, it is coming.

*sigh* yeah I know especially now with the war effort, I wish it weren't so but we have very lucky

it's kind of shocking that we've lasted this long actually

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yep. It was a Mohammed.....a dead one now. He died in hospital.

Of course, the police are not releasing his name, but stated he was known to them, may have been "radicalized", and had been looked at by their people in national security.

Kinda says it all, as I doubt the Methodists radicalized him...............

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Yep. It was a Mohammed.....a dead one now. He died in hospital.

Of course, the police are not releasing his name, but stated he was known to them, may have been "radicalized", and had been looked at by their people in national security.

Kinda says it all, as I doubt the Methodists radicalized him...............

oh this is not good.....and so it begins

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I think as a nation, we can rise up and get past this without looking for a pound of flesh from the family down the street, or the simple shop owner.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Is that who taught you your values?

No, that would be Baptists.........

I think as a nation, we can rise up and get past this without looking for a pound of flesh from the family down the street, or the simple shop owner.

Absolutely.

But we are not immune to attacks from Islamists.

Stewart Bell directs to this report that the suspect (who has died from his wounds) is Martin “Ahmad” Rouleau, who was known to Canadian counterterrorism authorities. UPDATE2: Rouleau’s Facebook page is filled with caliphate imagery.
UPDATE3: Here’s a picture of Rouleau from his Ummaland (Muslim social networking site) page, where is user name was “Ahmad the Convert”:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/10/2...er-two-canadian-military-servicemen-run-down/