CDN Election 2019

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Mr Scheer is in hiding at the moment but the Conservatives have (mis)fired back on twitter by publishing a series of 9 old tweets from Liberals also against gay marriage.

After all the Liberals did vote down gay marriage in 1999.

The difference is that a) none of the Liberals quoted is a potential Prime Minister in the election, and
b) none of them got into the bizzarre "5-legged dog" thing that Scheer went off on, and
c) none of that excuses or explains Scheer's remarks.

Once again the Conservatives have managed to trip themselves up

How ****ing hard is it for Scheer to simply come out and say he was wrong and he has evolved his thinking and he is sorry?

No harder than marching in a parade

I have absolutely no problem with 2 gays living together...………….it's actually good they can be paired off, but there is no f**king way it's a marriage!

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Canada's two main parties tied ahead of October vote, Greens rise: poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...f-october-vote-greens-rise-poll-idUSKCN1VB21X

The news could not be any better

Lol...I referenced this poll to you three days ago, when you were informing us of this incredible "bump in the polls that Trudeau has gotten since he stated that he would not apologize for fighting for jobs" in the SNC scandal... I guess you had your head too far up your arse to notice. Try to keep up, sport.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
How can Scheer represent gay people if he does not accept them as equals?

He can't, and he should admit it if that is the case
It would be more decent of him if he could accept them as people. He is not making a constructive statement with his actions...His actions just show his biases. He is saying that he is wouild not be PM for ALL CDNS........just those that fit his prejudicial model.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It would be more decent of him if he could accept them as people. He is not making a constructive statement with his actions...His actions just show his biases. He is saying that he is wouild not be PM for ALL CDNS........just those that fit his prejudicial model.

That's nothing new! When was Trudeau ever a P.M. for all Canadians?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Never say Never ;-)

There's a little bit of truth there. In my life time I've noticed the Conservatives, the Liberals and the N.D.P. have ALL had the same platforms at different times and quite often at the same time. Actually their platforms are secondary...…………….the propensity to say and do anything to get elected and stay elected is primary. Bull shitters the whole works of them! :)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Not agreeing with a lifestyle choice does not mean one feels they are not equal.

Lifestyle choice?

Changing your hair color is a 'lifestyle' choice.

Being ignorant is a 'lifestyle' choice.

Clothes are a 'lifestyle' choice.

Who you fall in love with is not a lifestyle, nor is it a choice. ACTING on that love is a choice, yes, but why should gay people have to deny themselves acting on that love when other people can do so all the time?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I guess the choice part is the need to flaunt all this in the streets.....Straight people, for the most part don't need to do this, and most likely would not be allowed to do this. BTW, I don't know about other pride parades, but the Toronto one is highly taxpayer funded, unlike most other parades like the Santa Claus parade, which gets it's own funding from corporations etc. If they want to have their silly parade, fund it themselves. Another case of special interests getting our dollars....Sick of it.
Now, you are likely going to come back saying how much money comes into the city from this....Well, the corporations/businesses that should be funding this are the ones reaping in this money, not the average taxpayer. Let them pay the costs.....since it is a winner fro them.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Canada works better when we have a Prime Minister from Quebec .
You loved Mulroney that much, eh?

I recall two Prime Ministers from BC. One lasted an hour and a half and the other made it through 65 minutes.

I guess that the mysterious Eastern Cabal did that to you

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You loved Mulroney that much, eh?

I recall two Prime Ministers from BC. One lasted an hour and a half and the other made it through 65 minutes.

I guess that the mysterious Eastern Cabal did that to you
Mulroney gave us the Bloc Québécois. He was a stand up guy .