CDN Election 2019

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I guess the choice part is the need to flaunt all this in the streets.....Straight people, for the most part don't need to do this, and most likely would not be allowed to do this.

Except it happens, every day, with Straight people. Have you walked outside and seen a man/woman couple walking down the street holding hands? That's straight pride. Seen them kissing, hugging, snuggling? Straight pride. And before you bring up the outrageous costumes some gay people can wear, outrageous isn't a sex only thing. Lots of heterosexual people wear outlandish clothing, or none, too. When a gay couple can't walk down the street and hold hands, or even kiss, in public, because they're afraid to be beat up just BECAUSE they're gay (or trans or whatever), THEN the need for Pride events comes up.

BTW, I don't know about other pride parades, but the Toronto one is highly taxpayer funded, unlike most other parades like the Santa Claus parade, which gets it's own funding from corporations etc. If they want to have their silly parade, fund it themselves. Another case of special interests getting our dollars....Sick of it

I totally agree. That said, if they want to ask corporations to fund floats and such, and they do, then that's on the corporations.

Now, you are likely going to come back saying how much money comes into the city from this....Well, the corporations/businesses that should be funding this are the ones reaping in this money, not the average taxpayer. Let them pay the costs.....since it is a winner fro them.

I'm not an economist so I couldn't argue how the money the people who go to the parades is spent in the community vs the normal income and all that stuff. But I would think more people out and participating in anything local usually leads to them spending money in some fashion, which in turn goes back to the tax base. But as I said, I'm not an economist person.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I'm not sure Pete's gay, but his husband certainly is.
Yes..Pete is gay.....talks about it openly........as he does about hi marriage.

What is the big deal??

He makes more sense than most of them.... is smart, eloquent, and a sound grounding in mental health........a VITAL FACTOR NOW........... with a pretty good knowledge base. He is young , ploable, and would grow into the job.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

What is the big deal??

He makes more sense than most of them.... is smart, eloquent, and a sound grounding in mental health........a VITAL FACTOR NOW........... with a pretty good knowledge base. He is young , ploable, and would grow into the job.
Do you think the democrats will give him the nomination ? I don’t, but time will tell .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

What is the big deal??

A few people I know favor Mayor Pete because of his qualifications and experiences. Whether he'll get the top job or not, I don't know.

I wouldn't mind seeing him VP, or Sec. of State, as I've mentioned before. Considering what the Sec. of State does, he'd be great for that position really, IMO.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why are we talkin' about a U.S. election in a Canadian election thread? Thank Christ our election isn't as f**ked up as theirs is!

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
A few people I know favor Mayor Pete because of his qualifications and experiences. Whether he'll get the top job or not, I don't know.

I wouldn't mind seeing him VP, or Sec. of State, as I've mentioned before. Considering what the Sec. of State does, he'd be great for that position really, IMO.
excellent point Yes....he is capable and could probably handle the positions you mention very well.

He has the qualifications, the personality, and seems personable, approachable ....people oriented. IE....not fixated on status. money and power.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
excellent point Yes....he is capable and could probably handle the positions you mention very well.

He has the qualifications, the personality, and seems personable, approachable ....people oriented. IE....not fixated on status. money and power.

So if Pete wins what do they do for a First Lady (or would it be a First Man)? F**K :) :)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Ewe are.