BREAKING: WABC: One dead in school shooting in Newtown, CT

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Clearly, anyone can simply walk around on crown (or private, with permission) land but once there is any indication that they are actively involved in 'chasing, pursuing, in search of,…" then they are liable to the requirement for a hunting licence and may be charged if they do not have one - whether or not they have a firearm!

The word hunt is not in there, other than the fact that it says you need a hunting license.

Stop breaking the law.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
Whether stalking game with a camera, slingshot or a gun....during hunting season, you need a license.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Whether stalking game with a camera, slingshot or a gun....during hunting season, you need a license.
According to the local CO, you need a valid outdoors card to do so all year round. Due to the fact that there is almost always something in season.

Hell you can't even help someone track a shot deer without a valid outdoors card.

I am not participating in a hunt. Therefore I do not need a hunting license.
Oh would you look at that.

You bold'ed it and everything!!!

Not that that changes anything. You're still breaking the law.

Last edited:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Thanks.

Interesting article, although I must say I have never seen any indication that the NRA works very hard to overturn the ban on further sales of automatic weapons, which btw, have been strictly controlled since 1934.

Some points:

Connecticut has strict gun laws requiring licensing and registration. It didn't help.

The membership of HCI is 180,000 members, of the NCBH 20,000. The membership of the NRA is 4 million. That kinda puts things in perspective.

There is absolutely no difference between "sporting" semi-autos and military ones except for their appearance. None.

And yeah, the genie is out of the bottle. Americans are NOT surrendering their 270 million guns.

[/FONT]

You sure sound desperate in trying to convince your opponents. First the numbers you quote are off. It should read NRA at 4 million, ans the rest of the yankee population at 308 million. There is no need for semi automatic weapons. If you can't hit your target with one shot, get out of the game. "Americans are NOT surrendering their 270 million guns." is just a hollow unsubstantiated comment.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Wild life photographers walk through the woods with a camera or sit in blinds with a camera all the time. I've never heard of anyone requiring a hunting license for photography.

My understanding is tracking a wounded animal, dogging or any other "chasing, pursuing or in search of" activity related to hunting would require a license. But no license required if hunting is not involved. I suggest you talk to your local CO again.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've never heard of anyone requiring a hunting license for photography.
No doubt, you're consistently uninformed, misinformed, ill-informed. Often willfully.

My understanding is tracking a wounded animal, dogging or any other "chasing, pursuing or in search of" activity related to hunting would require a license.
You understand wrong.

Again, not a big surprise. You often like to understand things in a way that suits you. Despite the facts of the matter.

But no license required if hunting is not involved.

"chasing, pursuing or in search of"
Is the wording. You can try and add hunting, but the legislation doesn't. Making you in breach of the law if you chase, pursue, or are in search of wild game, even with a camera.

I suggest you talk to your local CO again.
Just did (His personal cell number is in my cell). I'm right, you aren't. Again, nothing surprising about that.

He asked me your name and where you live.

So I told him.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Let's poison the atmosphere a little more. After all, they are our moral and intellectually superiors ya know.

MSNBC Guest: If CT Mass Shooter Was Not White, Public Debate Would Be ‘Much Uglier’

David Sirota, a columnist for Salon.com, appeared on Up with Chris Hayes on Sunday for a discussion about the possible policy recommendations that could be adopted in the wake of the mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school which may prevent future shootings. When the question of profiling came up, Sirota insisted that the perpetrators of these kinds of crimes are most often white men – the only group in America that is “not allowed to be profiled.” Sirota said, if the shooter was any race other than white, the debate over policy measures to prevent these types of events in the future would have been “uglier.”

more and video

MSNBC Guest: If CT Mass Shooter Was Not White, Public Debate Would Be ‘Much Uglier’ | Mediaite

If he was Muslim, I'm sure the incident would have made Colpy's "Fed up with Islam yet?" thread.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If he was Muslim, I'm sure the incident would have made Colpy's "Fed up with Islam yet?" thread.
No doubt.

But he isn't. So it didn't.

It's a mental health issue.

Maybe you can start a "Fed up with mental health yet?" thread and we can put it in there for you.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Wild life photographers walk through the woods with a camera or sit in blinds with a camera all the time. I've never heard of anyone requiring a hunting license for photography.

My understanding is tracking a wounded animal, dogging or any other "chasing, pursuing or in search of" activity related to hunting would require a license. But no license required if hunting is not involved. I suggest you talk to your local CO again.
On this ontario government web site Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary 2012 - 2013 - Provincial Services Division - Ontario Government, Ministry of Natural Resources

Look at the General information PDF...Page 14

HUNTING:

Includes lying in wait for, searching for, being on the trail of, pursuing, chasing or shooting at wildlife, whether or not the wildlife is killed, injured, captured or harassed. You need a hunting licence to do any of these things, except where the

Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, states otherwise.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
On this ontario government web site Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary 2012 - 2013 - Provincial Services Division - Ontario Government, Ministry of Natural Resources

Look at the General information PDF...Page 14

HUNTING:

Includes lying in wait for, searching for, being on the trail of, pursuing, chasing or shooting at wildlife, whether or not the wildlife is killed, injured, captured or harassed. You need a hunting licence to do any of these things, except where the

Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, states otherwise.
Forget it DaS, EAO knows better than two, err, correction, three of this sites most informed hunters.

The MNR is aware, let him deal with whatever happens.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In Ontario, where EAO lives, you need a valid, up to date outdoors card to be on a game trail, lay in wait, stalk or otherwise track animals for the purposes of taking pictures, all year round.

For the past 4 years they have been handing out warnings, that is coming to an end.
That must be like what we call a Wildlife Habitat Certificate. You can'get tags or traipse around "shooting" pictures on Provincial land without it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
LOL, it must be up there because you didn't figure this out.
Sez you.
There is no reason for anyone to own a high powered assault rifle.
That, I agree with. But you didn't qualify your original stupid suggestion that there's no reason for owning firearms. Guess you forgot that stupid statement.
Using hunting for meat was the excuse you offered for owning weapons, or can't you remember back an hour?
Yep. I also target shoot and keep animals out when I need to.

There is actually no reason for anyone to own a gun.

The only purpose of a gun is to kill. What is so difficult to understand about that?
Sorry, rhesus, but it isn't me with my head up my a@@. It's you. For example; target rifles are built to shoot targets. They're damned impractical for shooting to kill things.

That sounds like BS. Please post a link...

I agree.

This person's version of AS did not lead to his violent rampage.

This person's social isolation did not lead to his violent rampage.

This person's personal problems did not lead to his violent rampage.

This person's easy access to firearms did not lead to his violent rampage.

However the combination of
1) this person's version of AS
2) social isolation
3) personal problems
and
4) easy access to firearms
were all factors leading to this person's violent rampage.
So the sensible thing to do would be to control people who are in that kind of situation because obviously gun control (even outright banning), doesn't work.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is it possible that an assualt rifle is different from the "assualt style" rifle?

Do news types know the difference?

Apparently yes.

Global this eve said he used an "assault style" rifle. I was impressed.

If they do know the difference why are so many calling for a ban on assault rifles?

Agenda maybe?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You don't know any shooters, do you??

lol

It is nutbars like this that make legitimate gun owners nervous about licensing and registration. We all know their objective with registration is to know where most of the legal guns are so they can make them illegal and steal them from us. DOesn't do jack $hit for the criminal element that never bother with little legalities like registration but sounds good when talking to the mirror.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Thanks.

Interesting article, although I must say I have never seen any indication that the NRA works very hard to overturn the ban on further sales of automatic weapons, which btw, have been strictly controlled since 1934.

Some points:

Connecticut has strict gun laws requiring licensing and registration. It didn't help.

The membership of HCI is 180,000 members, of the NCBH 20,000. The membership of the NRA is 4 million. That kinda puts things in perspective.

There is absolutely no difference between "sporting" semi-autos and military ones except for their appearance. None.

And yeah, the genie is out of the bottle. Americans are NOT surrendering their 270 million guns.

[/FONT]

The usual pro-gun rhetoric. But it does not change the facts that people with guns kill people. School shootings (70 since 1994) are the American disease and they are fueled by gun ownership. I could care less what states have strict gun laws and which don't. Somehow the latest shooter got hold of firearms and I note that the firearm of choice was a long gun with a 30 round magazine. So much for banning the long gun registry. The Conservatives are guilty of supporting firearms that are far more deadly that any handgun.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The usual pro-gun rhetoric. But it does not change the facts that people with guns kill people. School shootings (70 since 1994) are the American disease and they are fueled by gun ownership. I could care less what states have strict gun laws and which don't. Somehow the latest shooter got hold of firearms and I note that the firearm of choice was a long gun with a 30 round magazine. So much for banning the long gun registry. The Conservatives are guilty of supporting firearms that are far more deadly that any handgun.

Very flawed thinking- people with cars kill people, people with knives kill people, always thought you were a sensible person!