Big Explosion in Oslo

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
From what I have read it's an Aryan, blue eyes suspect so far, who they have in custody. Not to say his demographic can't do this sort of thing though.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
From what I have read it's an Aryan, blue eyes suspect so far, who they have in custody. Not to say his demographic can't do this sort of thing though.

Don't think that crazy behavior is limited to any "demographic". So far this sounds like a shooting spree. Motive still unknown, Might just be your average nut case acting on some bizarre belief ..... but until we know more..... we are just speculating.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ahh, so it's just as likely to be Al Qaeda as it is to be the Islamic Women's Group of Norway? You bigots are pathetically predictable.
You think...

Reports are that someone dressed as a policeman is randomly shooting people just outside of Oslo right now.

Norway is taking action against a radical Islamic cleric and is involved in the Afghan war. They also reprinted the infamous Mohammed cartoons. So its not a stretch that a radical Muslim extremist is behind the attacks. BTW, I was in Oslo on business just 2 months ago. I was working in the suburbs, but I did stroll around downtown and I recognize the street from the photos.

Just look at how the bigots jump to conclusions, then justify the attack.

Breaking News Alert

The New York Times

Friday, July 22, 2011 -- 10:28 PM EDT

Norway Police Say at Least 80 Killed in Youth Camp Shooting

At least 80 people were killed on Friday when a gunman stalked youths at an island summer camp for young members of the governing Labor Party, the police said on national television early Saturday.

Before the shooting attack, explosions in Oslo killed seven people and wounded at least 15, the police said, according to the state television broadcaster.

After the shooting the police seized a 32-year-old Norwegian man on the island, according to the police and Justice Minister Knut Storberget. He was later identified as Anders Behring Breivik and was characterized by officials as a right-wing extremist.

The man was arrested in connection with both attacks.

Read More:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?emc=na

A 32-year-old Norwegian man is in custody, officials said, after two attacks earlier in the day that killed at least 17 people -- attacks police said are linked.

The first attack occurred when a massive bomb erupted in the heart of Oslo; the second occurred at the ruling Labour Party's youth camp on an island outside the capital.

At least seven people were killed in Oslo, and 10 were killed on Utoya Island, officials said. A Labour Party member said panic broke out at the camp, with people climbing trees and jumping in a lake to avoid the gunfire.

The acting national police chief said the gun used was an automatic weapon and that undetonated explosives were found on the island after the attack

source: CNN breaking news mailing.

If your assertian is true, what do you think the chances are that the public will be told this information? If the US and Israel can block the bid for independence and they own most of the media, they will probably block any information relating Israel to these acts of terror. Of course, the rest of the world may find out but not us. We are so lucky to be bathed in whitewash.
I guess those two posts by OB, answer your silly post.
.......by keepimg an open and objective mind.

(what NO ONE needs is a nancy grace type of over reactionary hysteria to color the facts and emotions even further. )
Like your typical contributions on the US?

The american way is OUT.
Just can't help yourself, can you?

Yep.....they are the first to crawl out of the woodwork when a crime like this happens. and finger pointing for all to see. After all , why wait for FACTS??? Or EVIDENCE...
Like yourself, whenever the US might remotely be involved.

I love your double standards.

LOL......... yep. ;-)

.......seriously........the point is NOT to jump to conclusions about it being Terrorism Islam variety. which far too many are prone to do. We as a so called civilized people MUST stop that knee jerk reactivity and wait until the evidence is in with the investigators indicating their initial suspicions etc etc.
What does that matter when you relish in a reality you create for yourself?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
hmmm...I can think of a couple groups that are likely responsible..and they ain't Norwegian...

Well you should wait until the facts are clear. Looks like it was likely a right-wing Christian Norwegian extremist.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
hmmm...I can think of a couple groups that are likely responsible..and they ain't Norwegian...

According to the news, you're wrong. Thank God you're not a judge.

I have friends in Norway right now. I hope they are safe.

I hope so too.

Reports are that someone dressed as a policeman is randomly shooting people just outside of Oslo right now.

Norway is taking action against a radical Islamic cleric and is involved in the Afghan war. They also reprinted the infamous Mohammed cartoons. So its not a stretch that a radical Muslim extremist is behind the attacks. BTW, I was in Oslo on business just 2 months ago. I was working in the suburbs, but I did stroll around downtown and I recognize the street from the photos.

But look at how people will immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim as a knee-jerk reaction. Same happened after the Oklahoma bombings.

Name the groups...easy...any number of islamic groups...

According to the media, looks like you're wrong so far.

Ahh, so it's just as likely to be Al Qaeda as it is to be the Islamic Women's Group of Norway? You bigots are pathetically predictable.

Yup.

So why has yet another western country openly welcomed an immigrant group that ostensibly is incompatible with its long established cultural values? It's a recipe for instability.

Well, first off, Islam is not an "immigrant group", seeing that it's a religion that anyone can adopt or reject.

Secondly, you're partially right about the instability. According to reports this morning, the prime suspect is believed to far-right and anti-Islamic.

Shooter on the Island was a white guy.

What do the numbers mean?

Grupo terrorista Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami

I don't see what race has to do with religion. A white guy can just as easily be Muslim as a black buy or any shade in between.

The reason we suspect it's not a Muslim is because it's believed the suspect is in fact a white supremacist, not because he's white.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
But look at how people will immediately jump to the conclusion that it must be a Muslim as a knee-jerk reaction. Same happened after the Oklahoma bombings.
I keep seeing this 'kneejerk reaction' term thrown around like it's a completely bad thing.

It's a left over from our days as hunter gatherers.

Not only has it served us well in the past, it will continue to do so in the future. It's an instinct, a necessary one at that.

Without it, you'd likely already be dead.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Man whites are bloody dangerous. I'm white myself. I hope we won't start profiling me at airports and banning whites from building any kind oc cultural centre near the crime scene because it's incensitive to all the victims of these white attacks. Kinda a la Pamela Geller and her campaing to harass Muslims in NYC over their mosque even though innocent Muslims died on 9/11 too.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Man whites are bloody dangerous. I'm white myself. I hope we won't start profiling me at airports and banning whites from building any kind oc cultural centre near the crime scene because it's incensitive to all the victims of these white attacks. Kinda a la Pamela Geller and her campaing to harass Muslims in NYC over their mosque even though innocent Muslims died on 9/11 too.
:roll:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I keep seeing this 'kneejerk reaction' term thrown around like it's a completely bad thing.

It's a left over from our days as hunter gatherers.

Not only has it served us well in the past, it will continue to do so in the future. It's an instinct, a necessary one at that.

Without it, you'd likely already be dead.

Instinct can be useful in personal survival, but more rational thought is required for the governing of a society. Imagine if after 9/11 we just started rounding any suspected Muslim up and eitehr deported him or if he was already a citizen or born in the US to round them up into labour camps. My be natural instict, but makes for bad public policy.

So you agree with Geller?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Instinct can be useful in personal survival, but more rational thought is required for the governing of a society.
We're not talking about governing society here.

Imagine if after 9/11 we just started rounding any suspected Muslim up and eitehr deported him or if he was already a citizen or born in the US to round them up into labour camps.
What's wrong with that? Other than being a day late?

My be natural instict, but makes for bad public policy.
So does the flawed foreign policy that created it.

So you agree with Geller?
Not necessarily. But I do strenuously disagree with your silly and typically mediocre 'kneejerk' reactionary post. That is the usual weak reply to any discussion about Islams version of extremist terror.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Can't someone be just plain old fashioned unsalted nuts with no connections to anything anymore?
How would that help the mediocre, stuff pigeons in holes? They're all looking for ammo, that makes their ideology look better than the others.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Obviously a closet Muslim: I thought the sarcasm would be obvious
but apparently not to all....

Last edited: