And this is why as a Canadian Woman Cons are a No Way.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
How about you go off on the men who don't take responsibility either. Stop being a fucking misogynist and blaming it all on women.

While you're at it, until you can suddenly birth a baby, you don't get to say what a woman does with her body. Full stop.
Men have no rights to the fetus to have a say in pro life or pro choice

• Love
Reactions: Danbones and petros

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
3rd wave isn't man hating so lets start with you being wrong there.

Next let's make it real clear JT isn't a great guy but to my POV he's the lesser of two evils.

Your critique of him is just childish ranting just a smidge better than calling him 5th grade name variants.

I think in reproductive issues Political parties and laws that enforce women's compliance in any direction are wrong. I KNOW the right wing conservatives and religious bodies globally seek to enforce their opinion as law. If the CCP can safeguard reproductive freedoms without infringement then I might reconsider but back bench plays are the back seat state legistlature method they used vs women in the USA.

My kind? What is my kind?

Any ideology that tolerates the stupidity of the concepts of "man spreading" (we have tender balls that don't like to be squished) or "mansplaining" or "male toxicity" or "the patriarchy" or the complete feminization of education leaving boys behind, the idea that men are not fit to raise their own children, or equity between the sexes is an ideology of man hatred. Third wave feminism hits all the markers.

JT, as the worst PM in our history (and I actually know a bit about our history) is not "better" than ANY of the alternatives presently in the House (well, maybe the Bloc). My critique of him was factual, and his actions are indefensible. Currently, the Conservatives are the only sane party in the House. And after their support of the motion to allow Quebec to unilaterally change the Constitution, I'm beginning to wonder about them.

Every social democratic state that you admire outside Canada places restrictions on abortion after 22 weeks. Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the UK, France etc etc etc. These are the most "feminist" states on earth. I think allowing early term abortion at will, but denying late term abortion without due cause (threat to the safety of the mother) is a rational compromise.

And I admit to some bemusement of a feminist supporting the elimination of fetuses BECAUSE they are female. What????

Your kind is Liberal feminists.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
No the right to choose... that's it.

Cons will not leave women's bodily autonomy alone just like all other versions of conservatism.

This is a key factor in all my political weighing of parties.

And what "Agenda" are you talking about please explain what that could possibly even be?
Except the majority of sex selective abortions are the man's decision, not the woman's. But I can see how feminists would like to make this mandatory.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
As usual you don't think.

As usual, you don't read.

I don't know how prevalent it actually is but every few months it comes up in some cancel culture protest in Vancouver.

LOL - first you say it's an issue but you don't know how prevalent it actually is... make up your GD mind, would you?

But seriously, already commented about it if it is a thing. Again, learn to read.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As usual, you don't read.

LOL - first you say it's an issue but you don't know how prevalent it actually is... make up your GD mind, would you?

But seriously, already commented about it if it is a thing. Again, learn to read.
You need to learn comprehension skills. I said it is an issue because it comes up on the news every few months. Since no government seems to be tracking it, or if they are they do not share the information, which is about normal we have no way of knowing how prevalent it actually is. Vancouver has a huge SE Asian population who seem to be the main practitioners, so it is quite likely we hear about it more than you do. I am not totally sure how I feel about the practice either because there is a fine line here between a woman's right to choose and what is forced on her by the male elders in the family. I can also see how the social conservatives could use this as the thin edge of the wedge to ban all abortions.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Any ideology that tolerates the stupidity of the concepts of "man spreading" (we have tender balls that don't like to be squished) or "mansplaining" or "male toxicity" or "the patriarchy" or the complete feminization of education leaving boys behind, the idea that men are not fit to raise their own children, or equity between the sexes is an ideology of man hatred. Third wave feminism hits all the markers.

JT, as the worst PM in our history (and I actually know a bit about our history) is not "better" than ANY of the alternatives presently in the House (well, maybe the Bloc). My critique of him was factual, and his actions are indefensible. Currently, the Conservatives are the only sane party in the House. And after their support of the motion to allow Quebec to unilaterally change the Constitution, I'm beginning to wonder about them.

Every social democratic state that you admire outside Canada places restrictions on abortion after 22 weeks. Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the UK, France etc etc etc. These are the most "feminist" states on earth. I think allowing early term abortion at will, but denying late term abortion without due cause (threat to the safety of the mother) is a rational compromise.

And I admit to some bemusement of a feminist supporting the elimination of fetuses BECAUSE they are female. What????

Your kind is Liberal feminists.
That's 2nd wave radfem not 3rd wave.

And I'm neither.

Your critique was childish and this was only a marginal improvement, an improvement you only bothered with because you were called out like you were are pre-schooler.

And I'm not supporting the sex based abortions that the narrative of all you Con-boi's.
Proud Boys.

I'm literally saying that the Cons backbenching in ANY abortion legistlation is a No Go.

And you don't know what Liberal Feminism is any more than 2nd or 3rd wave.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

And I'm neither.

Your critique was childish and this was only a marginal improvement, an improvement you only bothered with because you were called out like you were are pre-schooler.

And I'm not supporting the sex based abortions that the narrative of all you Con-boi's.
Proud Boys.

I'm literally saying that the Cons backbenching in ANY abortion legistlation is a No Go.

Do you realize the hypocrisy in criticizing a response as "childish", and then in the very next sentence hurling out your own childish ad hominem insults. Although amusing, it gets old and tired. Seems this is a classic go-to for progressives that can't support their argument, so they just throw in the towel and go for personal attack.

Then you go and pile on a bigger ad hominem against an entire population with a political leaning other than yours with your ridiculous claim that conservatives can't debate abortion because....conservative. Maybe you should work on refining your debating strategy before you go wading in over your head. Literally.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

And I mentioned that it wouldn't shock me that people in China would have abortions like that (would, and have).

Again, I wasn't aware it was an issue.

But then it's not like NB or the rest of the Maritimes has a bustling wealth of Immigrants that such things would get noticed and commented on. I CAN see how it'd be more an Ontario/BC thing though.

And in the end, it's downright wrong to do no matter where you come from. I think in the end it's situations like THIS that actually lend to the idea of laying out what kinds of abortions are 'allowed' and what is not.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Do you realize the hypocrisy in criticizing a response as "childish", and then in the very next sentence hurling out your own childish ad hominem insults. Although amusing, it gets old and tired. Seems this is a classic go-to for progressives that can't support their argument, so they just throw in the towel and go for personal attack.

Then you go and pile on a bigger ad hominem against an entire population with a political leaning other than yours with your ridiculous claim that conservatives can't debate abortion because....conservative. Maybe you should work on refining your debating strategy before you go wading in over your head. Literally.
Uh-huh sure.

Cons are Cons I don't see much of a difference between you, UK tories, US Republicans and you're all never in the best interests of women...ever.

Especially with reproductive care.

Don't like my stance? It's from lived experience.

No throwing in the towel it's my reaction to your political alignments long held history.

In fact ALL of my life the right wing has been a rights threatening fact.

So you a-holes need to do better to change this reaction.

But we all know that's not possible.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

And I'm neither.

Proud Boys.

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
How about you go off on the men who don't take responsibility either. Stop being a fucking misogynist and blaming it all on women.

While you're at it, until you can suddenly birth a baby, you don't get to say what a woman does with her body. Full stop.
Why don't you quit being a sexist bitch and be honest and admit that outside of rape, WOMEN control sex; when it happens, if it happens and how it happens. Period.
Oh, and until you're paying my way, YOU don't get to tell me I have to help fund your little oopsie.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That is a right wing stereotype that has NEVER proven right, Abortion has never been birth control.
Bull-f*cking-shit. If not then why does EVERY province offer coverage for abortion on demand for ANY reason. Also, are you seriously trying to suggest that the millions of abortions in the US every year are ALL cases of rape and genuine medical necessity? Because if you are, you are a goddam LIAR!
And you get that women are half the taxpayers in this country too right?
Great, pay for your own f*cking abortion then. Clearly you have an income.
But your kind want to mess with protection too, birth control, morning after pills all come under attack.
Oooooo not even close shit head. Clearly you're a moron with serious comprehension issues because I've argued in here that abortion on demand for any reason isn't progressive, proactively trying to prevent an unwanted pregnancy is. But you don't care about that because you just want to argue and make up strawmen.
You're not old fashioned you're old and uninformed to things outside your comfort zone.
Yep, I'm so old fashioned I'm pro- pay for your own goddam oopsie abortion. I'm so old fashioned I still actually believe in personal f*cking responsibility. A concept I'm sure is utterly foreign to you. Bunch of f*cking leftard losers who think it's everyone else's responsibility to look after your needs and wants.. And based on the dearth of any actual intelligence among you all, I can see why you think that way.