And this is why as a Canadian Woman Cons are a No Way.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
If you are a feminist, and are supporting Justin Trudeau, then you don't have a clue.

Okay, forgive the redundancy.....if you are a Liberal, you don't have a clue.
JT is the more tolerable evil than all the others.

Cons tried the waters on this, O'tool tried Whiteknighting... sort of but this was still a backbencher attempt on women's rights.

And the "proof" so far has been...Pizzagatish.

Also you apparently know nothing about feminist or Planned Parenthood.

• Haha
Reactions: Mowich

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
According to the article I posted above (which you obviously didn't bother to check), the Canadian Medical Association Journal finds very convincing evidence that this is happening.

Among Canadian-born mothers, the researchers found that about 105 boys were born for every 100 girls, consistent with the natural odds of 103 to 107 boys for every 100 girls. By contrast, among Indian-born mothers, the proportion of males increased with the number of children born. By the third birth, 138 boys were born to Indian-born mothers for every 100 girls, and by the fourth birth, 166 boys were born to every 100 girls. The researchers estimated that over the past two decades, there have been at least 4,472 "missing girls" – that is, female fetuses not born to Indian immigrants in Canada, primarily in families where both parents are from India.

The second study examined records for more than 1.2 million babies born in Ontario between 1993 and 2012 to women who had up to three children. Within the province, researchers found women from India who already had two daughters gave birth to 196 boys for every 100 girls. If an Indian-born mother with two daughters received an abortion before their third child, the ratio jumped to 326 boys for every 100 girls, and 409 boys for every 100 girls if the mother had multiple abortions.

You're right, I didn't read it. I actually bypassed your post because none of your responses were to anything I said specifically. So didn't catch my eye.

That said.

Interesting study.

It's a five year old study, and it doesn't suggest it is happening, but could be/"IF it's happening".

Contrary to that, if it IS happening, then there should be penalties for such practices. And TBH, I'm not shocked that this is an Indian/Hindu thing and I'm rather surprised that there isn't evidence of Chinese doing this as well, considering their history.

You have just as much proof that it isn't happening. But what the heck, its only a few less females in the world. No big deal.

That's true, because while I've heard of this sort of thing in other countries, I'd never heard of it happening in Canada. Hence why I asked for proof. You do realize not everything has to be assholes bashing each other back and forth, right? People can legit not really know about a thing and ask for proof of it.

And as I already said, if it is happening, something should be in place to stop it. While Abortion isn't anyone's business but the woman's, aborting just for the sex of the child is beyond wrong (but then I think abortion for BC is wrong too so...)

Reactions: 55Mercury

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You're right, I didn't read it. I actually bypassed your post because none of your responses were to anything I said specifically. So didn't catch my eye.

That said.

Interesting study.

It's a five year old study, and it doesn't suggest it is happening, but could be/"IF it's happening".

Contrary to that, if it IS happening, then there should be penalties for such practices. And TBH, I'm not shocked that this is an Indian/Hindu thing and I'm rather surprised that there isn't evidence of Chinese doing this as well, considering their history.

That's true, because while I've heard of this sort of thing in other countries, I'd never heard of it happening in Canada. Hence why I asked for proof. You do realize not everything has to be assholes bashing each other back and forth, right? People can legit not really know about a thing and ask for proof of it.

And as I already said, if it is happening, something should be in place to stop it. While Abortion isn't anyone's business but the woman's, aborting just for the sex of the child is beyond wrong (but then I think abortion for BC is wrong too so...)
I have heard the "Proof" thing a lot on here and usually is part of a flame war. I interpreted yours as such, My bad.

There have been several articles in this thread covering it. I think I have also heard about it on the 6-oclock news. Like I said earlier, I am pro-choice but I think this practice is disgusting. I am in favour of adding some restrictions on late term or sex selective abortions if the opportunity arises. One you pass 22ish weeks or so or have that ultrasound, no more choice unless mother's health is in jeopardy. Seems like a reasonable restriction.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I have heard the "Proof" thing a lot on here and usually is part of a flame war. I interpreted yours as such, My bad.

There have been several articles in this thread covering it. I think I have also heard about it on the 6-oclock news. Like I said earlier, I am pro-choice but I think this practice is disgusting. I am in favour of adding some restrictions on late term or sex selective abortions if the opportunity arises. One you pass 22ish weeks or so or have that ultrasound, no more choice unless mother's health is in jeopardy. Seems like a reasonable restriction.

And to be honest I agree with you; likely most women would as likely anyone who is pregnant and knows such and has reached 22 weeks is planning to keep the baby.

The practice of sex selection abortion is disgusting.

That said, I'd be tempted to throw out the question that if a person was say, anti-trans, anti-gay, or maybe has a sixth finger or toe, or could develop a mental health issue or some other issue, and if they knew a baby was going to be born that way, would they be okay with abortion then? Or is it just death/murder/ruin people's lives outside the womb that matters?

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Since when is sex selected abortion an issue in Canada?

I think it's more of a 'causing an issue where there is none', as usual.
since we allowed immigration from the Indian Subcontinent.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This thread is like a bar fight.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No the right to choose... that's it.

Cons will not leave women's bodily autonomy alone just like all other versions of conservatism.

This is a key factor in all my political weighing of parties.

And what "Agenda" are you talking about please explain what that could possibly even be?
Unfortunately, your "right to choose" forces others to pay for your lack responsibility with that right. Why should ANYONE pay for YOUR abortion because you were too lazy or stupid to use protection? I mean you're all supposedly so enlightened and woke and yet seem to prefer reactionary murder instead of being proactive in doing what you can to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. But hey, I guess I'm old fashioned what with my "people need to take responsibility for their OWN actions" mind set. I mean wouldn't that at least be a part of SOCIAL responsibility on top of personal responsibility?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Unfortunately, your "right to choose" forces others to pay for your lack responsibility with that right. Why should ANYONE pay for YOUR abortion because you were too lazy or stupid to use protection? I mean you're all supposedly so enlightened and woke and yet seem to prefer reactionary murder instead of being proactive in doing what you can to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. But hey, I guess I'm old fashioned what with my "people need to take responsibility for their OWN actions" mind set. I mean wouldn't that at least be a part of SOCIAL responsibility on top of personal responsibility?

How about you go off on the men who don't take responsibility either. Stop being a fucking misogynist and blaming it all on women.

While you're at it, until you can suddenly birth a baby, you don't get to say what a woman does with her body. Full stop.

• Sad

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
JT is the more tolerable evil than all the others.

Cons tried the waters on this, O'tool tried Whiteknighting... sort of but this was still a backbencher attempt on women's rights.

And the "proof" so far has been...Pizzagatish.

Also you apparently know nothing about feminist or Planned Parenthood.

Trudeau is the worst PM in our history. He is dividing us, he is destroying our fiscal health, he is constantly chipping away at individual rights (real ones, actually specified in the Charter), he has interfered with the legal system in numerous ways, he is a toady for China (one of the worst regimes on earth), he is undermining our security, he is a complete idiot and hypocrite.

As for his feminism, well let's see......aside from credible accusations of feeling up a reporter and carrying on sexual relationship with a minor under his authority as a teacher, maybe you could ask Jody Wilson-Raybould, Jane Philpott, or Celina Caesar-Chavannes how "feminist" he is.

Here's something you should know about the world today.

ANY man that claims to be a "feminist" in this day of insane, man hating, third wave feminism does so for the following reasons;

1. He is a complete idiot.

2. He has a political agenda.

3. He is trying to get laid.

4. Any combination of the above.

Justin scores on all three, I think.

My son has a Golden Retriever that would be a better PM that Trudeau.

Now, MPs are free agents, beyond the control of the party in any legal sense. They can introduce legislation apart from the party. Do you think the very significant portion of the country that support abortion restrictions should not have political representation? In fact, if it were a public majority vote on late term or sex selective abortion, I think the majority of Canadians would vote against it.

But you don't care about morality or democracy, only ideology.

That makes you, and your kind, extremely dangerous to democracy.

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
Trudeau is the worst PM in our history. He is dividing us, he is destroying our fiscal health, he is constantly chipping away at individual rights (real ones, actually specified in the Charter), he has interfered with the legal system in numerous ways, he is a toady for China (one of the worst regimes on earth), he is undermining our security, he is a complete idiot and hypocrite.

As for his feminism, well let's see......aside from credible accusations of feeling up a reporter and carrying on sexual relationship with a minor under his authority as a teacher, maybe you could ask Jody Wilson-Raybould, Jane Philpott, or Celina Caesar-Chavannes how "feminist" he is.

ANY man that claims to be a "feminist" in this day of insane, man hating, third wave feminism does so for the following reasons;

Now, MPs are free agents, beyond the control of the party in any legal sense. They can introduce legislation apart from the party. Do you think the very significant portion of the country that support abortion restrictions should not have political representation? In fact, if it were a public majority vote on late term or sex selective abortion, I think the majority of Canadians would vote against it.

3rd wave isn't man hating so lets start with you being wrong there.

Next let's make it real clear JT isn't a great guy but to my POV he's the lesser of two evils.

Your critique of him is just childish ranting just a smidge better than calling him 5th grade name variants.

I think in reproductive issues Political parties and laws that enforce women's compliance in any direction are wrong. I KNOW the right wing conservatives and religious bodies globally seek to enforce their opinion as law. If the CCP can safeguard reproductive freedoms without infringement then I might reconsider but back bench plays are the back seat state legistlature method they used vs women in the USA.

My kind? What is my kind?

• Haha

Liberal Feminist

Time Out
May 14, 2021
That is a right wing stereotype that has NEVER proven right, Abortion has never been birth control.

And you get that women are half the taxpayers in this country too right?

But your kind want to mess with protection too, birth control, morning after pills all come under attack.

You're not old fashioned you're old and uninformed to things outside your comfort zone.

• Haha

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

Excellent post!! Sums it up about perfectly....I would only add that there may be a fourth reason men (and some women) jump on the feminist bandwagon... cowardice. It partially fits with the second point, political agenda, but goes further. Similar to cancel culture nowadays, some people are genuinely terrified of the social justice warrior mob and feel that the only cover from their wrath is to enthusiastically adopt their cause wholeheartedly without objection believing this will protect them. Without a doubt, Justin checks this box as well.