WE really need to get rid of this guy

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Finland’s politicians are held to very high moral standards, and consequently the threshold for scandals is very low.

(In 2014 a male prime minister stirred controversy by wearing shorts to a press conference. In 2008 a male foreign minister was forced to resign over leaked text messages to an erotic dancer. It does not take much to make a scandal in Finland)

Trudeau & his track record on ethics violations and scandals wouldn’t make him very popular in that type of population.
View attachment 16947
It wasn't long ago we were like that. Remember when a conservative MP and cabinet minister got fired over a glass of expensive orange juice?

Now tho trudeau lines the pockets of himself and his buddies and the voters in the east are happy to keep him in power.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It wasn't long ago we were like that. Remember when a conservative MP and cabinet minister got fired over a glass of expensive orange juice?

Now tho trudeau lines the pockets of himself and his buddies and the voters in the east are happy to keep him in power.
Remember it? It’s only a decade ago & one PM back.

Reactions: petros

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
NDP seeks to probe federal contracts with other consulting firms — not just McKinsey
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Nojoud Al Mallees
Published Feb 01, 2023 • 1 minute read

OTTAWA — The NDP is calling on a House of Commons committee to expand its study of federal contracts awarded to McKinsey & Company and include other consulting firms that have received large contracts.

New Democrat MP Gord Johns is bringing forward a motion to expand the scope of the study to include other firms including Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Accenture, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.

McKinsey has received attention in recent weeks after media reports highlighted the rapid growth of the company’s work for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government.

“Canadians are really upset to see that the Liberal government has given hundreds of millions of dollars to a private company instead of letting Canada’s public service do the jobs we hired them to do,” Johns said in a press release.

“We need to get to the bottom of how much money has been spent in contracting with private companies, outside of McKinsey, under both the Liberals and Conservatives.”

The government operations committee will hold its next meeting on the McKinsey contracts later today and will hear from Dominic Barton, the firm’s former global managing director.

The Liberal government’s relationship with Barton has come under scrutiny amid questions about the extent of the firm’s influence on public policy.

Barton was the chair of an advisory council on economic growth for former finance minister Bill Morneau and later served as Canada’s ambassador to China.

A researcher testifying before the committee on Monday called the focus on McKinsey a distraction.

Amanda Clarke, an associate professor of public administration at Carleton University, said the study should focus on the public service’s reliance on consulting firms overall.

“The focus on outsourcing and contracting in the federal government is the broad enough umbrella to get at these issues and any given firm,” Clarke said Monday.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So they were worried about the gov't privatizing health care when they SHOULD have been worried about the gov't privatizing gov't :) LOL!

Well it's another angle in the NDP's desperate and ongoing efforts to get SOME sort of wedge issue to stick that they can shove between themselves and the Liberals so they don't just go down with the liberal ship next election.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I dont care who runs it as long as its on budget and providing quality.
Sure - but of course the unions feel different.

My issue is that i don't mind if we pay the unions to do it provided the work gets done on time and on budget as you say.
And i don't mind if we hire contractors to do it with the same provisions.

But what's pissing me off is he's hired more gov't workers than anyone before him... AND he'd paying contractors to do it! So we're paying for BOTH. And we're STILL not getting good work.

I mean, you almost have to admire him, that level of incompetence and bad judgement doesn't just 'happen', it takes a lot of effort.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sure - but of course the unions feel different.

My issue is that i don't mind if we pay the unions to do it provided the work gets done on time and on budget as you say.
And i don't mind if we hire contractors to do it with the same provisions.

But what's pissing me off is he's hired more gov't workers than anyone before him... AND he'd paying contractors to do it! So we're paying for BOTH. And we're STILL not getting good work.

I mean, you almost have to admire him, that level of incompetence and bad judgement doesn't just 'happen', it takes a lot of effort.
Admin and management is killing our healthcare. Its waaaaaay too top heavy and they arent union.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Admin and management is killing our healthcare. Its waaaaaay too top heavy and they arent union.
But they're there because of the unions. Hospitals stack the 'books' with 'management' because when a labour dispute happens the managment doesn't have to go on strike and can cover the duties.

Every nurse things there's too much management. But as a rule if you look closely at how the system works that's a way too simplistic an answer. The problems pop up elsewhere, athough i'm sure there's differences in each province Just like saying the problem with health care costs is nurses get paid too much. That's not what causes the problem.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Does this guy ever answer a direct question with an answer to that question?
Well, that's an interesting question but it may not be the question you should be asking because Canadians deserve answers to questions that matter. Questions they care about. As Canadians. Of COURSE they want to stop gun crime ,of COURSE they want first nations to have what they deserve, and that's why we CONTINUE to support investing in Canadians future, because we've got Canadian's backs!

- Trudeau, probably.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Phffft…”Random Liberals”…”Just Follow the Science”…it’s crazy. So the former Liberal Finance Minister in Trudeau’s Cabinet, & his potential replacement are “Random Liberals” now.
Try boosting the border so that this shit doesn't get across the border
Yes but whenever they negotiate a union deal they get a commiserate raise .
Works the other way around too. I worked in a union shop in accounting but wasn't part of the union. Only the shop workers were. When they got a raise, we got one too & we didn't have to go on strike. They did - for 6 months and ended up accepting the original offer that was made prior. The company simply could not afford what the union was asking for & held out. We did have people crossing the picket line to keep the company going. I felt bad for the workers because the ones I spoke to wanted to return to work after the first offer was made; they realized that the union was asking far more than they were comfortable with. Perhaps the union thought if they stayed out long enough, the company would cave-in. That didn't happen so people lost money for 6 months basically for nothing.

Unions can be & some are good but there are those that are not & do not have their people's best interests at heart. The union leaders get paid big bucks so they just want to keep lining their pockets. Just to reiterate - not all unions operate that way.

Just sayin'

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Try boosting the border so that this shit doesn't get across the border

Works the other way around too. I worked in a union shop in accounting but wasn't part of the union. Only the shop workers were. When they got a raise, we got one too & we didn't have to go on strike. They did - for 6 months and ended up accepting the original offer that was made prior. The company simply could not afford what the union was asking for & held out. We did have people crossing the picket line to keep the company going. I felt bad for the workers because the ones I spoke to wanted to return to work after the first offer was made; they realized that the union was asking far more than they were comfortable with. Perhaps the union thought if they stayed out long enough, the company would cave-in. That didn't happen so people lost money for 6 months basically for nothing.

Unions can be & some are good but there are those that are not & do not have their people's best interests at heart. The union leaders get paid big bucks so they just want to keep lining their pockets. Just to reiterate - not all unions operate that way.

Just sayin'
Right but those unions don’t have the public purse guaranteeing the contract , private sector unions can and have priced themselves out of a job .

Reactions: Dixie Cup