WE really need to get rid of this guy

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
So... Republicans and Dems have fucked things up.
So...putting words in my mouth.
Well on that, I agree with you.
Agree with yourself. Neither you nor I stated anything about Republicans in the post I quoted. You specifically asked, "Is that the historical Dems or current incarnation?"
But calling historical Dems "leftists" is just plain hilarious, since they were nothing at all left.
So you're saying the party that was pro-slavery was actually far-right? I mean it's entirely plausible since the Democrats have held onto the same basic tenets of racism (as the "historical" Democrats) since they laughingly signed the Civil Rights Act. A move with no real purpose other than to try and secure the Black vote in the years and decades that followed.
In fact, a number of your precious Democrats today at the top of the party are the same Clinton-era Democrats who fully supported and voted for some of the most racist legislation in the US since the Civil Rights Act was signed.
The 3 strikes rule- Disproportionally affected Black people.
For-profit prisons- Disproportionally affected Black people. And surprise surprise, the 3 strikes rule helped feed the for-profit prison system with a disproportionate number of Black people.
Then there was the drug classification separation of crack from powder cocaine and the harsher penalties that went with it for simple possession. Now, in the late 80s and 90s take a wild guess who the predominant users of crack were and who the predominant users of powder were.

Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, all were full supporters and in Biden's case, the creator and/or co-creator of the for-profit prison system and the reclassification of crack.

But yeah, I'm sure they all suddenly became staunch anti-racists. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So...putting words in my mouth.

Not at all.

Agree with yourself. Neither you nor I stated anything about Republicans in the post I quoted. You specifically asked, "Is that the historical Dems or current incarnation?"

Exactly; historical Dems. The issue apparently is that you view them as Dems still, while I don't, rather they were akin to today's Republicans. Hence my calling them that.

So you're saying the party that was pro-slavery was actually far-right?

Well yes and no. At one time, everyone in the US was 'pro-slavery', until they weren't. Then each party sort of 'took on' a pro or anti-slavery role, even though members still might have had slaves. Eventually one party came out anti-slavery and had no slaves, while one party fought for the right to keep people as slaves and continued that thought process to just slaves being "not people", until that got shot down and now finally it's just they're not overall worthy/equal to the "White Man". As if White people are somehow more fucking special.

I mean it's entirely plausible since the Democrats

Here we go...

have held onto the same basic tenets of racism (as the "historical" Democrats) since they laughingly signed the Civil Rights Act. A move with no real purpose other than to try and secure the Black vote in the years and decades that followed.

Sure, if you want to follow that belief, that's on you.

In fact, a number of your

Woah! "My"? Jin, if I were a US citizen, I would NOT label myself a Democrat, so there is no "your" in this.

precious Democrats today at the top of the party are the same Clinton-era Democrats who fully supported and voted for some of the most racist legislation in the US since the Civil Rights Act was signed.

Agreed. BTW - Clinton was a fuckstain of a President and even worse human being.

The 3 strikes rule- Disproportionally affected Black people.

Yep.

For-profit prisons- Disproportionally affected Black people. And surprise surprise, the 3 strikes rule helped feed the for-profit prison system with a disproportionate number of Black people.

Yep.

Then there was the drug classification separation of crack from powder cocaine and the harsher penalties that went with it for simple possession. Now, in the late 80s and 90s take a wild guess who the predominant users of crack were and who the predominant users of powder were.

I don't need to because... you're right.

Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, all were full supporters and in Biden's case, the creator and/or co-creator of the for-profit prison system and the reclassification of crack.

Yep, absolutely, which is why I don't like any of them. Though I DO believe that people can grow and change, they're all politicians and their 'growth and change' will always be suspect.

But yeah, I'm sure they all suddenly became staunch anti-racists. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Unlike the still racists that dwell in the Republican Party? Well I suppose; lately those kinds will vote against anyone and anything and at least be open about their racism... until you try to call them on it, then it's "no no, I'm not racist"...

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
But calling historical Dems "leftists" is just plain hilarious, since they were nothing at all left.
They absolutely were. Their racism at the time was "to protect the rights of farmers and working people' after all. The historic dems were VERY left of center even by today's metrics. They were also racists.

And that's hardly uncommon. Many left wing groups are racist both historically and today. Stalin, Mao in the past, and the left is horribly racist and antisemitic these days.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not at all.

Exactly; historical Dems. The issue apparently is that you view them as Dems still, while I don't, rather they were akin to today's Republicans. Hence my calling them that.

Well yes and no. At one time, everyone in the US was 'pro-slavery', until they weren't. Then each party sort of 'took on' a pro or anti-slavery role, even though members still might have had slaves. Eventually one party came out anti-slavery and had no slaves, while one party fought for the right to keep people as slaves and continued that thought process to just slaves being "not people", until that got shot down and now finally it's just they're not overall worthy/equal to the "White Man". As if White people are somehow more fucking special.

Every one was pro slavery . Are you kidding me . The slave states were the southern cotton growing states there was never wide spread slavery in the northern industrial belt .
Here we go...

Sure, if you want to follow that belief, that's on you.

Woah! "My"? Jin, if I were a US citizen, I would NOT label myself a Democrat, so there is no "your" in this.

Agreed. BTW - Clinton was a fuckstain of a President and even worse human being.

Yep.

Yep.

I don't need to because... you're right.

Yep, absolutely, which is why I don't like any of them. Though I DO believe that people can grow and change, they're all politicians and their 'growth and change' will always be suspect.

Unlike the still racists that dwell in the Republican Party? Well I suppose; lately those kinds will vote against anyone and anything and at least be open about their racism... until you try to call them on it, then it's "no no, I'm not racist"...

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Just doing a quick google i see estimates all over the map. 10 million to 85 million and up. Sounds like the figure isn't really a solid one.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
There are lots of citizens calling for more gun control. Of illegal guns in the hands of criminals. Being a criminal organization, the Liberal party naturally is not much interested in this. They are much more concerned about hunting rifles in the hands of voters that may not accept the results of a rigged election.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Trudeau was asked repeatedly in question period by Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre to disclose if he had been informed by intelligence officials, law enforcement or the public service of allegations of “any interference” in Canada’s elections.

“Our intelligence and police services take very seriously the importance of fighting against foreign interference, including Chinese interference,” said Trudeau in French.

“But I can assure you and all Canadians that the 2019 and 2021 elections were not subject to interference that changed the results in any significant way,” he added.

Poilievre noted the qualification in the prime minister’s response, accusing him of having “used words to obscure the answer.”

“Was there any interference of any kind?” he tried again.

Trudeau replied that interference in Canadian affairs by foreign powers “is an ongoing thing,” whether it be cyber interference or attempts to influence the media, and that it is something that intelligence agents and police officers work “very, very hard to counter.”

He, however, chose his words differently in English, and said that “Canadians can be reassured that the integrity of our elections was not compromised.” The rest at the above link.
Hmmm….they know (or claim) it’s ELEVEN MP’s (not ten, & not twelve), but they don’t know who they are?
Thankfully the Chinese didn’t influence the election (2019 or 2021? Pick one) in a “Negative” way….at least for and according to the Liberal Party. Holy Cow!!

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Oh you people is special alright.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
A Newfie walks into a souvenir shop in St. John's. Looking around at the exotica, he noticed a very lifelike, life-sized bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but it was so striking he decided he must have it.
He took it to the counter. "How much for the bronze rat?"
"Twelve dollars for the rat, one hundred dollars for the story," the owner said.
The Newfie gave the shop owner twelve dollars. "I'll take the rat. You can keep the story."
As he walked down the street carrying the rat, he soon noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the alleys and sewers and began following him.
This was disconcerting, so he began walking faster. But within a couple of blocks, the herd of rats behind him had grown to hundreds, and they began squealing.
He began to trot toward the harbour, but looking back he saw that the rats now numbered in the millions, were squealing ever louder, and coming toward him faster and faster. Now scared, he broke into a run, then a full Olympic sprint to the edge of the harbour where he threw the bronze rat as far out as he could.
Amazingly, the millions of rats all jumped into the Bay after the bronze rat, and they all drowned.
The man walked back to the souvenir shop.
"Aha!" said the owner. "You have come back for the story."
"No," said the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze Liberal

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hmmm….they know (or claim) it’s ELEVEN MP’s (not ten, & not twelve), but they don’t know who they are?
Thankfully the Chinese didn’t influence the election (2019 or 2021? Pick one) in a “Negative” way….at least for and according to the Liberal Party. Holy Cow!!
Recently, Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly and Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Dominic LeBlanc were almost insolent in their testimony before a parliamentary committee examining why the government had not investigated reports of political bribery by China. As Global News reports, LeBlanc “could not disclose whether he has been informed of ‘specific cases,’” while Joly “reiterated that both she and (Prime Minister Justin) Trudeau were not provided specific information.”

This leaves Canadians with a very unpleasant binary choice: either they are not telling truth, or they are. The latter option begs the more worrying question: why were they not briefed?
Our performance on access to information would be laughable, if it were not so dangerous. One witness, a frustrated information seeker, claimed he had been told the delay in meeting his request would take UP TO 80 YEARS. Needless to say, when decision-making is done in secret, we do not get better government.

Our access-to-information programs have become a laughing stock, with years-long delays and costs to the citizen sometimes reaching thousands of dollars. For decades, bureaucrats and their ministers have told Parliament that a “lack of resources” is too blame. Really? Is that why the time taken to respond to each request is going up, and the percentage of requests fulfilled is going down? Is this a work from home thing?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
LeBlanc “could not disclose whether he has been informed of ‘specific cases,’” while Joly “reiterated that both she and (Prime Minister Justin) Trudeau were not provided specific information.”
When Epoch News covered this waaaay back when it was still sunburn weather was it disinformation or fake news?

Gilgamesh

Council Member
Nov 15, 2014
And if the Forum removed the capitalization of WE, here it is again.

WE really need to get rid of this guy. I am of course referring to MVP of strike three in the ethics batter box, none other than Justin Trudeau. But hey, he's real sorry, because, "He (sniff) should have recused himself. And what of his number two man, ahem, er, person?

No, not Chystia Freeland, she doesn't actually do anything except cut bad deals with washed up reality show clowns plagued by mental health issues. Oh, and take hard questions the Prime Minister is incapable of answering without having panic attack. So, she serves a purpose.

But I speak of Bill Morneau, the finance minister, in terms of importance. The finance minister is far more important in the scheme of things, than the deputy prime minister. Something else the finance must have an understanding of is "finances and accounting," after all he does draft the country's federal budget covering everything from healthcare to infrastructure to pandemic spending. So, my opinion, the two most important people in a sitting government are the leader and his finance minister. Those two guys call the shots. Now, with Justin it is pretty clear that he is the spoiled rich kid who didn't have to abide by the rules, so I get the psyche of entitlement. But Bill Morneau runs the country's finances and if you believe him when he says he didn't notice $41,000.00 in travel expenses, you are either obtuse or you just don't give a flying banana loaf about your country anymore. Funny how he suddenly remembered to pay it on the day of his testimony?

The Prime Minister and his finance minister knew exactly what they were doing. They won't admit it, because to do so is to pull back the red curtain and expose the contempt they have for the people of Canada. Your political preferences shouldn't play into this, whether you think the Liberals are golden gods should be irrelevant because there is something much larger at play. The future of Canadian politics and the culture of corruption we are seeing with this government will set a standard for future governments left or right. They will know that voters of this country no longer hold elected officials accountable for their actions. This WE scandal is a bigger deal than Ad scam, because it runs directly into the office of the prime minister, touching him, his mother, his brother. This may end up being the straw that broke the camels back.

I hope so.
Excellent post. Thank you.

Reactions: Taxslave2