Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
FACT: Every two years more Americans die from firearm injuries than the total number of American soldiers killed during the 8-year Vietnam War. In 2003, the total number of people killed by guns in the United States was 30,136.

30,136. or very close, to a tenth of the total population of Canada
Fact: Over the course the 20th century over 56 million people were exterminated in countries that instituted gun bans.

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why should an area of BC with 3 indians at a farmer get more of a say in what happens in Toronto? It is not 1 acre = 1 vote it is 1 person = 1 vote. Don't like it, get more people.
We don't want more people. BC is over crowded already. What we want is equal representation. WHy should a bunch of people in Toronto get to dicktate what we can do for a living, and what private property we can own in our own province?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We don't want more people. BC is over crowded already. What we want is equal representation. WHy should a bunch of people in Toronto get to dicktate what we can do for a living, and what private property we can own in our own province?
1 person = 1 vote. Every riding is supposed to be something like 75k people. If we have more population density, we should get more ridings. Why should a less populated area get to dictate what happens in a more populated area more than their population allows?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
1 person = 1 vote. Every riding is supposed to be something like 75k people. If we have more population density, we should get more ridings. Why should a less populated area get to dictate what happens in a more populated area more than their population allows?
Maybe right-wingers are just anti-social assholes?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Parliamentary system has to go.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Fact: Over the course the 20th century over 56 million people were exterminated in countries that instituted gun bans.
Um. . . every country, even the United States, has instituted gun laws. So I guess that includes the whole world population "exterminated" over the course of 100 years.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Gun BANS. Not sensible firearm regulations. Although there's fewer and fewer countries with those lately.
OK. My bad.

What is this relevant to? Is somebody trying to impose, or proposing, a gun ban?

I understand. "This regulation of certain classes of firearms is not sensible" don't have quite the same oomph as "GUN BANS! COMMIES! HITLER! RUN AND HIDE!"

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
OK. My bad.

What is this relevant to? Is somebody trying to impose, or proposing, a gun ban?
You bet. Listen to people in both your country and mine. An aft used quote up here is, "Nobody who lives in a city needs a gun" ignoring the skyrocketing violent crime rates in those cities and assuming NOBODY who lives in a city actually hunts for game. You've got celebrities pushing the anti-gun shit and they tend to have a lot of influence on people for some fucktarded reason. And every time a mass shooting occurs in the US leftist govts in Canada whip out a fresh list of guns to be prohibited/restricted/banned. They're simply using US violence as an excuse to ban more and more firearms up here with no real data to back up their reasons to ban whatever firearm(s) up here. In fact StatsCan's own data contradicts many of their claims.

And shockingly (not), the most recent Libtard semi-auto rifle grab has done NOTHING to curb firearms related homicides, since the increase is coming mostly from criminals using already heavily restricted hand guns. The very kinds of criminals in fact that Liberals are overly lenient with when they commit horrid crimes.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You bet. Listen to people in both your country and mine. An aft used quote up here is, "Nobody who lives in a city needs a gun" ignoring the skyrocketing violent crime rates in those cities and assuming NOBODY who lives in a city actually hunts for game. You've got celebrities pushing the anti-gun shit and they tend to have a lot of influence on people for some fucktarded reason. And every time a mass shooting occurs in the US leftist govts in Canada whip out a fresh list of guns to be prohibited/restricted/banned. They're simply using US violence as an excuse to ban more and more firearms up here with no real data to back up their reasons to ban whatever firearm(s) up here. In fact StatsCan's own data contradicts many of their claims.

And shockingly (not), the most recent Libtard semi-auto rifle grab has done NOTHING to curb firearms related homicides, since the increase is coming mostly from criminals using already heavily restricted hand guns. The very kinds of criminals in fact that Liberals are overly lenient with when they commit horrid crimes.
Yes, I'm familiar with the practice of taking the most extreme views of the far fringe and pretending they're representative.

But I ain't gonna get into another stupid gun "debate." Been there, done that. Nothing but strings of logical fallacies.

Have a real fine Saturday evening.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yes, I'm familiar with the practice of taking the most extreme views of the far fringe and pretending they're representative.
And then acting upon them as per Trudeau (and his little ass sucker; Singh).
OK. My bad.

I understand. "This regulation of certain classes of firearms is not sensible" don't have quite the same oomph as "GUN BANS! COMMIES! HITLER! RUN AND HIDE!"
Let me say this slowly so you understand. That far fringe that the Fed keeps listening to is insisting that NOBODY living in a city should own ANY guns at all. Zip, zilch, notta. My old scoped .270 Winchester is now a "sniper rifle" according to the anti-gun cretins..

Reactions: petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And then acting upon them as per Trudeau (and his little ass sucker; Singh).

Let me say this slowly so you understand. That far fringe that the Fed keeps listening to is insisting that NOBODY living in a city should own ANY guns at all. Zip, zilch, notta. My old scoped .270 Winchester is now a "sniper rifle" according to the anti-gun cretins..
OK, what city, provincial, or Federal law- or regulation-making body has proposed a complete ban on firearms in cities?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
McConnell, 2 governors said to be in Wisconsin gunman's hit list
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Kanishka Singh
Publishing date:Jun 04, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

The names of U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers appeared on a hit list kept by a man accused of fatally shooting a retired Wisconsin judge, authorities and local media said on Saturday.

“Yesterday our office was notified by law enforcement officials that Governor Whitmer’s name appeared on the Wisconsin gunman’s list,” a spokesman for Whitmer told Reuters.

“While the news reports are deeply troubling, we will not comment further on an ongoing criminal investigation,” he added.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice said retired judge John Roemer, 68, was found dead on Friday in his home after the local sheriff’s office received a call about “an armed person and two shots fired in a Township of New Lisbon residence.”

The department called the ex-judge’s killing a “targeted” attack. It said that Douglas Uhde, 56, was found in the basement of Roemer’s home with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. The suspect was taken to the hospital and a firearm was recovered at the scene.

On Saturday, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said the accused gunman had a hit list including the name of McConnell while an ABC News affiliate reported it also included Evers.

The incident marked the latest high-profile case of gun violence in the United States, following mass shootings in recent weeks at a grocery story in New York, an elementary school in Texas and a medical building in Oklahoma that left dozens dead.

Gun safety advocates are pushing the U.S. government to take stronger measures to curb gun violence.

The Wisconsin Department of Justice said Uhde remained in critical condition at a medical facility.

“This … does appear to be a targeted act and the individual who is a suspect appears to have had other targets as well,” Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul said at a Friday news conference. “It appears to be related to the judicial system,”

In April, a federal jury acquitted two men of conspiring to kidnap Whitmer in 2020 and deadlocked on the same charges for two other men.