Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
The article made sure to mention the AR-15 rifle but not the make of the loaded handgun, interesting

HALIFAX — RCMP in Nova Scotia have charged two men with firearms offences following a chase and the seizure of weapons on Wednesday in Halifax.

Police say the charges are in relation to an ongoing federal investigation into organized crime and drugs in Nova Scotia.

In a statement, police say they attempted to stop a car on Wednesday, but the vehicle fled. It led police on a pursuit for about two minutes before they forced the vehicle off the road.

They say one of the occupants threw a loaded handgun out of a car window, which was recovered along with a quantity of drugs believed to be cocaine.

A subsequent search of a home on Willett Street produced a loaded AR-15 assault rifle and ammunition.

Cameron Mombourquette and Dawid Denisow have been remanded into custody and are scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court on Monday.

LINK to article

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
RCMP Entraps Licensed Gun Owners​

The RCMP entrapped thousands of licensed gun owners when they reclassified 354 formerly Non-Restricted and Restricted firearms as Prohibited without notifying anyone. https://www.armalytics.ca/?size=n_10_n These were the firearms reclassified after May 6, 2020.

There is no requirement in law for the RCMP to notify gun owners of classification changes even though they put firearm owners in legal jeopardy – a problem we’ve long fought to change.

Seemingly, the RCMP’s reclassifications were performed under the guidance of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and with the blessing of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The result of the RCMP’s bureaucratic malfeasance is thousands of licensed firearm owners now illegally possess Prohibited weapons in contravention of Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code [ii] .

Unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon or restricted weapon

91(2) … every person commits an offence who possesses a prohibited weapon…without being the holder of a licence under which the person may possess it.

Back on May 1st, 2020, the federal Liberal government of Justin Trudeau, operating under the guidance of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and the RCMP, reclassified over 1,500 makes and models of firearms as “Prohibited.”

This massive gun ban included firearms that were Non-Restricted and Restricted on April 30th, 2020, and an amnesty was introduced to protect those owners from prosecution for possession under Section 91(2) of the Criminal Code.

Then on May 6th, 2020, the RCMP, presumably under the direction of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair, began reclassifying hundreds of Non-Restricted and Restricted firearms as Prohibited that were not on the May 1 st list.

Owners of these arbitrarily reclassified Prohibited firearms are NOT protected by the May 1st amnesty order.

The government makes this clear in the text of SOR/2020-96. [iii]

The Order Declaring an Amnesty Period (2020) (the Amnesty Order) accompanies the Regulations to protect individuals, who were in lawful possession of one or more of the newly prohibited firearms or prohibited devices on the day the Regulations came into force, from criminal liability for unlawful possession for the purpose of allowing individuals to come into compliance with the law.

The amnesty order (SOR/2020-97 [iv] ) only protects owners of firearms specifically listed in the gun ban by Order in Council.

Words have meaning - "specific" means" clearly defined or identified" - something the RCMP's made-up "variant" is not. In fact, the recently released RCMP definition of what a "variant" is so vague and non-specific that it is laughable.

In other words, if your newly-prohibited firearm is not specifically listed in the OiC, you do not have the protection of the amnesty and you could be criminally charged for the mere possession of your own property.

Many thousands of gun owners are now at the mercy of the RCMP, Public Safety Bill Blair and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

What could possibly go wrong?

History of Deception

First, Justin Trudeau and Bill Blair reclassify over 1,500 makes and models of firearms as Prohibited and destroy the value of millions of dollars of legally-owned property to advance their political agenda.

Then the RCMP reclassified 354 firearms (and counting) as Prohibited, knowing full well that the thousands of licensed firearm owners who possess these firearms have no legal protection from criminal charges.

This is how the RCMP, Bill Blair and Justin Trudeau keep Canadians safe? By sacrificing those who obey all laws and follow every regulation to the letter?

Are the owners of these newly prohibited (and non-amnestied) firearms going to face criminal charges if they try to turn the firearms in to the authorities?

This once again illustrates the total lack of respect for licensed RCMP-vetted firearm owners displayed since Bill Blair and Justin Trudeau took office.

This can’t possibly end well for our community.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Map of gang related shootings Toronto 2020

Reactions: Twin_Moose

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Question for Colpy
Since the Long Gun registry was theoretically destroyed and most of the newly prohibited guns would have fallen under that classification, how does the government and their jackboots know who has what type of rifle? Seems to me as long as it is locked in your gun cabinet there is no way they will be able to confiscate anything and if they just sit tight until the next election the problem will be rescinded. Assuming a legal challenge doesn't fix the problem first.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ruger 10/22 25 round magazines? Nah...

I'm sure the million or so magazines in this country that have been completely legal for 40 years but were suddenly and arbirtrarily deemed illegal in 2016 by an RCMP memo have all been dutifully surrendered by the good law abiding citizens of this country, and anyone who didn't give them up has been arrested and imprisoned for 10 years as they should be. I feel so much safer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ruger 10/22 25 round magazines? Nah...

I'm sure the million or so magazines in this country that have been completely legal for 40 years but were suddenly and arbirtrarily deemed illegal in 2016 by an RCMP memo have all been dutifully surrendered by the good law abiding citizens of this country, and anyone who didn't give them up has been arrested and imprisoned for 10 years as they should be. I feel so much safer.
Tape two back to back then you have 10. If you're worth your 'ssault, you wont lose a 5 10ths of a second.

Last edited:

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Tape two back to back then you have 10. If you're worth your 'ssault, you wont lose a 5 10ths of a second.

index.png
Pretty sure that wouldn't work with an internal rotary magazine. Besides it would be completely unnecessary if RCMP would stick to their lane and enforce laws rather than write them.

Last time I checked, writing and amending law was the governments job. It's become somehow acceptable now for Liberal governments to compel RCMP to change firearms laws through release of memos and twitter posts.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is loosely a magazine but isnt a magazine by standard use of the term magazine.

Dont fall into the ambiguity trap. That's want they want. "Assault style: is ambiguous.

We arent shopping at the Brick with haggling over bait and switch bullshit while punting deliniation to the flippin curb.

Not being definitive is how these cock suckers get you buying a shitty mattress for full price when you wanted the good one on the cheap that was advertised in the flyer.

Last edited:

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
That is loosely a magazine but isnt a magazine by standard use of the term magazine.

Dont fall into the ambiguity trap. That's want they want. "Assault style: is ambiguous.

We arent shopping at the Brick with haggling over bait and switch bullshit while punting deliniation to the flippin curb.

Not being definitive is how these cock suckers get you buying a shitty mattress for full price when you wanted the good one on the cheap that was advertised in the flyer.
I think you may have missed my point completely , but I'll field your technical criticism anyhow...

Magazine: A magazine is an ammunition storage and feeding device for a repeating firearm, either integral within the gun (internal/fixed magazine) or externally attached (detachable magazine). The magazine functions by holding several cartridges within itself and sequentially pushing each one into a position where it may be readily loaded into the barrel chamber by the firearm's moving action.

To reiterate my original point... Rimfire rifle magazines (or clips or whatever you want to call them) have no size restrictions in this country , except for the Ruger 10/22 which were also unrestricted for 40 years... until 2016 when the RCMP suddenly decided they should be banned. I'm not going to go into detail as to the reason, if you know anything about firearms you likely already know the backstory. The point is that a legal accessory was suddenly deemed illegal with the stroke of a pen by.... the RCMP.

Last edited:

LewisScott

Nominee Member
Dec 7, 2020
In the age where you can create a real gun at your home, I think gun laws would not matter than much. That idea of 3D printing real guns was really interesting until you know that the idea can go into the hands of someone who can make a destructive use of the weapons. I like 3D print so much,, but this aspect of the process is definitely a disadvantage.