CDN-Economy & Related Factors

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Most people will quote a reputable? news source to make a point.
But cliffy will copies and pastes stupid memes that some other fool posted on facebook
If at least he made his own instead of quoting the internet version of the national enquirer.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Banks used to make money by lending.

Now they make money by service charges.

That s the biggest change I have seen in banking - and I am old enough to remember when you lined up at the teller with the shortest lineup

Banks make money by leveraging money you lend them through deposits, which become their "reserves." When you deposit your money, it becomes their money. Then through fractional reserve banking sorcery, they conjure many times the value of those reserves into loans. It's the biggest regulated ponzi scheme in history.

Credit unions are no better.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Say good bye to another Canadian industry leader with the confirmation of the sale of Bombardier Transportation to Alstrom of France. Bottom line is Canada loses another globally recognized business. Of course the politician's pay cheque is the same no matter what. I wonder if he / she is in the office today.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Say good bye to another Canadian industry leader with the confirmation of the sale of Bombardier Transportation to Alstrom of France. Bottom line is Canada loses another globally recognized business. Of course the politician's pay cheque is the same no matter what. I wonder if he / she is in the office today.

Do taxpayers get all our money back from bailing them out every other year?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
It's a lot of intellectual property leaving the country. Just saying.

Government failed as regulators of industry when Bombardier was forced to deal with predatory pricing. Check the price of an A220 today and you'll see it is $20 million more per plane than a year ago. And it is a good plane.

The Canadian aviation industry has a new scoundrel for a partner. We'll soon see how they invest in our country and lives.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Yep, ole Bombardier is now only a penny stock.

All the billions that the Fed Libs poured into their buddies business is long gone.

... So much for the thriving mfg sector in Eastern Canukistan

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Good thing oil is dead. Now they won't have to venture into big bad Alberta to earn a living. They can stay at home with their welfare cheque just being a little smaller than it was.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Interesting rebrand for CMHC now to be known as Housing Canada. Gives them another three years of nobody knowing who they are or what they do. Go Canada!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yep, ole Bombardier is now only a penny stock.
All the billions that the Fed Libs poured into their buddies business is long gone.
... So much for the thriving mfg sector in Eastern Canukistan
I hear the Honda Civic plant Wynne built for Unifor jobs is getting axed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Interesting rebrand for CMHC now to be known as Housing Canada. Gives them another three years of nobody knowing who they are or what they do. Go Canada!
Nooooooo "housing" is an ambiguity. This sounds more Feds are going to buy land and build housing.

"Projects".

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wrong . Produce donations to the Liberal Party by the successful contractors doing the work and the countless bureaucrats to oversee the project .
There will be no work done for the amount of money they are presently talking. All of it will be eaten up in studies, stakeholder meetings, open houses, and graft.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There will be no work done for the amount of money they are presently talking. All of it will be eaten up in studies, stakeholder meetings, open houses, and graft.
Of course ,and bureaucrats.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Everyone knows budgies balance themselves.
;)
the dang little yellow belli sap suckers.

awwww, he's so cute!!