Being transgender is a ‘mental disorder

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't mean to split hairs but Clompy's ignorance spans all issues. As does his creepiness.

Yep, if you repeat that bull shit often enough you'll come to believe it! You'd be better off to start examining your own ignorance.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yep, if you repeat that bull shit often enough you'll come to believe it! You'd be better off to start examining your own ignorance.
The know nothing bullshitter is simply trolling again. Simple being the only things he is capable of.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Colpy is pretty much your typical ignorant person when it comes to Trans issues.
Gender isn't in your pants, gender is in your head. What is in your pants is not anyone else's business.
But he's right in that you don't get to choose; nature does the choosing and sometimes nature fuks up.
So when that happens, what should be fixed? Why should the head be fixed to match the not anyone's business parts? Whose to say that the not anyone's business parts are the right parts to begin with?
Really, people like Colpy need to stop obsessing over parts. It's kind'a... creepy.
Your gender is the the one you were born with. Didn't you learn any biology in school. What you think your gender might be is all in your head. Even sexual preferences are in your head, not your body. Most probably just the way you are wired which isn't likely to be fixable so might as well go with it.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Your gender is the the one you were born with. Didn't you learn any biology in school. What you think your gender might be is all in your head. Even sexual preferences are in your head, not your body. Most probably just the way you are wired which isn't likely to be fixable so might as well go with it.
I know this is going to sound strange but you do not come out of high school with a perfect understanding of science or humanity.

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
The fact is that gender is more than simply one's physiology and should be seen as a combination of factors including psychology, genetics, and epigenetics.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The fact is that gender is more than simply one's physiology and should be seen as a combination of factors including psychology, genetics, and epigenetics.
Some guys just look good in frilly panties and pumps.

Something for everyone ...

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Yes, Gender is what you're born with.

Gender is in your head, your sexual preferences are in your head; attraction is a mental state, with physical reactions.

Gender is not what parts you have.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, Gender is what you're born with.

Gender is in your head, your sexual preferences are in your head; attraction is a mental state, with physical reactions.

Gender is not what parts you have.

Well, I think I can shoot holes in that pretty fast! So how is the gender of a new born able to be announced w/o looking at its "parts"? It's also very strange that you never see birth announcements mentioning "gender undetermined". It's also quite strange that you never hear of women being impregnated by someone whose gender is only in their head. Explain all that please

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well, I think I can shoot holes in that pretty fast! So how is the gender of a new born able to be announced w/o looking at its "parts"? It's also very strange that you never see birth announcements mentioning "gender undetermined". It's also quite strange that you never hear of women being impregnated by someone whose gender is only in their head. Explain all that please

Actually those holes are wide off the mark.

What is announced is the visible sex of the baby, not the gender.

Not seeing 'gender undetermined' as an announcement isn't strange at all, because society, until this century, hasn't recognized any other genders but male and female for the most part (though not all societies; there are places where other genders are recognized). Even now, with you as the example, there are no genders but male and female. But thankfully there are people starting to break that social norm by not revealing the sex of their children until the kid is older.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your last comment; what are you trying to say, that a woman can't get pregnant by someone who's gender isn't the same as their sex parts?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually those holes are wide off the mark.

What is announced is the visible sex of the baby, not the gender.

Not seeing 'gender undetermined' as an announcement isn't strange at all, because society, until this century, hasn't recognized any other genders but male and female for the most part (though not all societies; there are places where other genders are recognized). Even now, with you as the example, there are no genders but male and female. But thankfully there are people starting to break that social norm by not revealing the sex of their children until the kid is older.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your last comment; what are you trying to say, that a woman can't get pregnant by someone who's gender isn't the same as their sex parts?

We were taught that gender is defined by the sexual parts i.e. penis = male, vagina = female and I doubt if that can be changed by changing philosophy. That's science! I'm pretty sure others will tell you the same thing!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We were taught that gender is defined by the sexual parts i.e. penis = male, vagina = female and I doubt if that can be changed by changing philosophy. That's science! I'm pretty sure others will tell you the same thing!

Except that's not what the science says anymore.

Sexual parts do not equal gender.

No matter how hard you want to deny it, that's the reality of the situation.

Again, personal experience. And I've had others tell me that despite their parts, they're not what their parts say they are.

Philosophy has nothing to do with it either.

I get it, it's hard for you to understand, you just can't get it through your head, you don't comprehend how it can be like this.

But it's always been like this, just society muzzled any other way but male/female for a long time. Not all societies, mind you; as I said, there are other societies that have recognized other genders besides male/female for centuries.