Women's Protest March

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I've been watching some of the protest speakers.
I agree with their right to protest; they are peaceful about it. Can't say though that I agree with some of the issues. Most of them, actually I disagree with.
It made me think that in a democratic and free country it is impossible to unite the country when people have attitudes like the protesters.

Suppose you asked them what they want. They tell you. Then you tell them you understand BUT there's a whole other group of people who DON'T want that and they have rights equal to yours. So what would you suggest is a fair compromise?

Do you think any of them would have an answer?

I think when differences of opinion reach a boiling point as they appear to have done across the U.S. the only rule to apply is 'He who pays the piper calls the tune". The taxpayers pay the piper. So wouldn't it be fair to put it to the voters and let majority rule? What other way is there?

I think protesters should get together a delegation to voice their concerns to the proper authorities, demand a meeting/hearing and air their complaints face to face with Trump or whomever is qualified to speak for him. Trump said, 'All people will be heard' so let them be heard. But make it clear to them that they are not the only ones who have demands and ask what they suggest would be fair to all.

There is a group who thinks rights and leniency has gone too far and want it stopped. There is another group who thinks that what they want is right and they are entitled. Who's qualified to say what's right? Every time you give more rights to this group you take away a right from another group. There's the problem.

The concerns I heard the protesters speaking about were issues that are already covered by law or by the Constitution. Some things they are demanding seem to be issues that government shouldn't likely be legislating.

Your thoughts?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
these demon-startors though, may be paid by Soros, and/or his NGOs
which would make them agents of a foreign government
should they not declare themselves?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I've been watching some of the protest speakers.
I agree with their right to protest; they are peaceful about it. Can't say though that I agree with some of the issues. Most of them, actually I disagree with.
It made me think that in a democratic and free country it is impossible to unite the country when people have attitudes like the protesters.

Suppose you asked them what they want. They tell you. Then you tell them you understand BUT there's a whole other group of people who DON'T want that and they have rights equal to yours. So what would you suggest is a fair compromise?

Do you think any of them would have an answer?

I think when differences of opinion reach a boiling point as they appear to have done across the U.S. the only rule to apply is 'He who pays the piper calls the tune". The taxpayers pay the piper. So wouldn't it be fair to put it to the voters and let majority rule? What other way is there?

I think protesters should get together a delegation to voice their concerns to the proper authorities, demand a meeting/hearing and air their complaints face to face with Trump or whomever is qualified to speak for him. Trump said, 'All people will be heard' so let them be heard. But make it clear to them that they are not the only ones who have demands and ask what they suggest would be fair to all.

There is a group who thinks rights and leniency has gone too far and want it stopped. There is another group who thinks that what they want is right and they are entitled. Who's qualified to say what's right? Every time you give more rights to this group you take away a right from another group. There's the problem.

The concerns I heard the protesters speaking about were issues that are already covered by law or by the Constitution. Some things they are demanding seem to be issues that government shouldn't likely be legislating.

Your thoughts?

I have no problem with American citizens being involved in peaceful protests, DM. It is their country and they have every right to do so....as long as they remain peaceful. Obama faced many protests after he was elected as did other former Presidents. When things turn nasty, they should be rounded up and thrown in jail, fined and put on a watch list.

The problem with protests these days is that so many of the peaceful protestors are nothing but dupes for those who have no interest in issues but are there to cause trouble and do as much harm as possible. Agent provocateurs are nothing more than thugs hired to disrupt protests, harm property and generally cause as much mayhem as possible. It will be interesting to how the new administration is going to handle future protests that turn ugly.

We are never going to see complete unity in any country, DM - not everyone is going to agree with the direction of a certain government and we need look no further than here in our own country where so many of us are disgusted with the antics and lack of action by the Trudeau government.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You can say the taxpayer pays the piper all you want but the American
Constitution disagrees with you it says all are equal and that is kind of
the final say. So the question in this case is how does a nation so divided
come together? For this there has to be an answer or the House divided
will fall.
This started many years ago and we thought the turbulent sixties were over
not true. Lately the Republican Right not the entire party decided to be a
party of NO to Obama and they obstructed everything day after day until the
nation staggered under the weight of division. Now that same group is in
power and asking for the help of the people they were disrespectful to.
That group is now going to raise the same level of rhetoric and there will be
no peace, no respect, no cooperation for another four years.
The nations ills will be played out day after day, if it is not gridlock as the right
has legislative power, then the street is the avenue left open protest protest
protest dragging the name of the opponent through the mud. It is the sixties
and the right is about to have the done unto you quoted back to them.
The answer is for the government of the day to be considerate of all and make
wise decisions that is difficult when more than half the nation already hates you.
Yes the word hate is real here unfortunately. Someone said they were surprised
at the level of hate. I'm not I think hate is a futile pursuit emotionally but it is there
and yes the left hates him, The right has hated the left for eight years and now
are on the receiving end. If there is no answer the great nation of America will
tear itself apart before the eyes of the world.
Cooler heads on both sides of the issue have to find a common ground to get the
nation stabilized and at the moment its poised to tear itself apart and no one seems
to care. America was the great experiment in democracy if they do not embrace
the concept within the confines of the constitution it will crumble. Unfortunately the
current President is not the best choice for America's survival its not about making
America Great Again, its about having America survive as a viable entity
You may disagree with the women but many do agree I do and I also disagree with
some.of what they say. What has to happen is a solution must be found, the problems
are defined and the women are not going to accept going back in social policy the fight
is just begun,

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
unfortunately I will have missed watching the spectacle but anyway...:lol:

but hey, check this buddy-has-a-point, spot-on comment from elsewhere:

First off, the thing that most discredits this march is the prominent presence of Muslim women.

If there ever were an oppressive ideology opposed to women's rights, denying their sexuality, holding back their emancipation, it's fukking Islam. To have Muslim women on the podium utterly annihilates their credibility and completely undermines those supporters of feminism that are rightfully not happy about a Trump presidency.

Yes, Trump is a buffoon. Yes, his election makes a mocking of Western democracy. However, he's been elected, and people will just have to deal with it.

These feminists should've protested while it still mattered.

What do they hope to achieve, other then show the world what sore losers they are? That they are a bunch of regressive leftists who, by virtue of their open alliance with representatives of a fundamentally anti-feminist, anti-democratic religious group, betray the very values they claim to defend?

Fukk these people.

Edit: My comment was directed at the protesters in Washington.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
500,000 women all dancing to Soros song and dance. There is nothing good or moral about their cause which is to cause arguments where none exists yet.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
P-ssy Power!

Just listening to some of the messages coming from the protest. I think that the Democratic party is about to undergo a sea change. I'm hearing a lot of out with the old and in with the new talk. I doubt anyone will be able to recognize the party if indeed this NWO of SJWs wins the day. They could take the party further to the left than anyone before them and they could do at the next convention.

Fighting back seems to be the word of the day. No talk of trying to reach a compromise or find a common resolution to the sorry state of affairs that America finds itself in right now.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
these demon-startors though, may be paid by Soros, and/or his NGOs
which would make them agents of a foreign government
should they not declare themselves?

I remember there were protesters (more or less) like these (to some extent) against every previous president; it does not change anything nor any president.

500,000 women all dancing to Soros song and dance.

All of them know how to dance :laughing6:
All of them chaste of course.
This is the democracy, like the democracy of Lot's people: all of them unanimously with the lewdness, and all of them were seized by the earthquake.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
500,000 women all dancing to Soros song and dance. There is nothing good or moral about their cause which is to cause arguments where none exists yet.
It is so easy to dismiss the concerns of millions of women by trying to divert attention to some billionaire. That is complete BS. The argument is real, the concerns are real and the people are real. You, on the other hand, pull your head out of you bible so rarely that I'm surprised you even have an opinion. You probably got it from FOX or some other right wing media. You choose, like all the other Trumpsters on here, tp ignore what Trump actually said during the campaign or the people he chose to run the US into the ground for his billionaire friends. All you Trumpsters need to wake up from the stupor of breathing your own excrement.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It is so easy to dismiss the concerns of millions of women by trying to divert attention to some billionaire. That is complete BS. The argument is real, the concerns are real and the people are real. You, on the other hand, pull your head out of you bible so rarely that I'm surprised you even have an opinion. You probably got it from FOX or some other right wing media. You choose, like all the other Trumpsters on here, tp ignore what Trump actually said during the campaign or the people he chose to run the US into the ground for his billionaire friends. All you Trumpsters need to wake up from the stupor of breathing your own excrement.

How do you manage to be so wrong so often?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You, on the other hand, pull your head out of you bible so rarely that I'm surprised you even have an opinion. You probably got it from FOX or some other right wing media.

Of course the Bible is lofty and very high in comparison to FOX or others right wing or left wing: like the star in comparison to the soil.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Great comments! Thank you.
I think it has come down to individual lack of respect for each other as citizens. There are laws and by-laws that each one of us probably dislike and wish didn't exist. But as civilized human beings, we don't all protest because we acknowledge 'the other guy's rights'.
I could easily list at least a dozen laws I hate without even thinking about it but I don't protest. For one thing, it would accomplish nothing more than to draw attention to myself as a troublemaker. For another thing those people who lobbied for the hated laws have rights too.
Protesting publicly doesn't really make a difference. The government will do as they please. And when I look at other countries with strict totalitarian laws, we don't have a lot to complain about.
I agree with Trump's idea of giving the country back to the people and letting them have their say. The question is, with people wanting their own way over unity and respect for the rights of others, how can it ever be accomplished?
The only answer is majority rule. And that went out in the '70s.
Things will never improve on this issue unless everyone understands that they can never have everything that they want, there are no guarantees in life and we are all ultimately responsible for ourselves. Government can't keep legislating every detail of our lives.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
one neo-confucianist quote is, a woman ruler is like a hen crowing. Since the dawn of civilization and the advent of religion it has been so. But what of before? Ancient figurines discovered in various places hint of how it was .

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Any one remember how the temperance women were duped by all those business tycoons to start prohibitchin'?
Just to stop ford from going alcohol fueled so every farmer could grow his own fuel instead of being raped at the pumps by the world's great (capitalists?...naw) monopolists?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
These women have full justification to protest. The manner is which their gender has been verbally abused, mocked, degraded and the clear prospect of their rights being questioned by a bunch of old white men is cause for mass women protest. Look at the people Trump is surrounding himself with!! Women should protest and continue to protest, the world has been watching this election and wondering what the h#lll was wrong with American woman. If Trudeau should ever speak of women in such a condescending, disgusting manner, Canadian women would have been protesting from the day of the bragging of 'grabbing of pu#sy' in a bus. Yikes!! Go women Go!!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
As opposed to bill the rapist, or hillary, enabler and defender of rapists?
wow...
blindspot much?

They must really get a chuckle out of this stuff when they are sipping cocktails down on Epstein's
( convicted of being a) pedophile Island

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As opposed to bill the rapist, or hillary, enabler and defender of rapists?
wow...
blindspot much?

They must really get a chuckle out of this stuff when they are sipping cocktails down on Epstein's
( convicted of being a) pedophile Island

What is everyone protesting that has actually happened besides careless use of the vernacular? 500,000 is a huge crowd but so is 319,500,000!

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Had a real breath of fresh air the last couple of days, worked with a recently hired new member of our crew who served in the navy and army, did two tours in Afghanistan, now retired. Watching the protests last night on the TV, she, yes SHE, exclaimed, "What a bunch of fukk!n idiots, professional protesters, need to get a hobby, and a clue!!!" Priceless.